Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
lovejopd
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:00 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby lovejopd » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:24 pm

Hey guys,
Just got an email from admissions about our entering class data. I remember anticipating this last year, so I figured I would let you know.
Michigan: Class size: 345, LSAT: 169 (same), GPA: 3.73 (dropped .03). I figured you guys might find this useful (or maybe not...since not much really changed median-wise).


viewtopic.php?f=7&t=191560&start=50

User avatar
broadstreet11
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:34 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby broadstreet11 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:02 pm

PENN HIDDEN!!!!

User avatar
yarsten
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby yarsten » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:09 pm

broadstreet11 wrote:PENN HIDDEN!!!!

+1
About time.
NYU/Columbia, please get on the ball here.

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby bernaldiaz » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:24 pm

yarsten wrote:
broadstreet11 wrote:PENN HIDDEN!!!!

+1
About time.
NYU/Columbia, please get on the ball here.


Fuck yeah. I have one too. Just waiting on the NYC schools. Anyone tried to solicit them yet?

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:27 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
yarsten wrote:
broadstreet11 wrote:PENN HIDDEN!!!!

+1
About time.
NYU/Columbia, please get on the ball here.


Fuck yeah. I have one too. Just waiting on the NYC schools. Anyone tried to solicit them yet?


Lucky dudes....I have most of the waivers that ya'll have, but not this time

User avatar
TrialLawyer16
Posts: 287
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:43 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby TrialLawyer16 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:28 pm

yarsten wrote:
broadstreet11 wrote:PENN HIDDEN!!!!

+1
About time.
NYU/Columbia, please get on the ball here.

Some schools, including Penn and UVA, have a different message at the screen where you would check for a hidden waiver:

"Payment Method
The $80 fee will be added to your Shopping Cart.
Or enter individual application fee waiver code Certification

By checking this box, I acknowledge that I have proofread my application and that all information I am about to send to LSAC for transmission to the law school is true and accurate, and that I agree to the certification language stated on the signature portion of the law school application. LSAC is authorized to transmit this law school application.

Please note: We cannot transmit your application without this certification."



Do you have to check that box and click continue to check for the waiver, or would it just not say "the $80 fee will be added to your shopping cart"?
Last edited by TrialLawyer16 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby bernaldiaz » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:29 pm

TrialLawyer16 wrote:
yarsten wrote:
broadstreet11 wrote:PENN HIDDEN!!!!

+1
About time.
NYU/Columbia, please get on the ball here.

Some schools, including Penn and UVA, have a different message at the screen where you would check for a hidden waiver:

"Payment Method
The $80 fee will be added to your Shopping Cart.
Or enter individual application fee waiver code Certification

By checking this box, I acknowledge that I have proofread my application and that all information I am about to send to LSAC for transmission to the law school is true and accurate, and that I agree to the certification language stated on the signature portion of the law school application. LSAC is authorized to transmit this law school application.

Please note: We cannot transmit your application without this certification."

Do you have to check that box and click continue to check for the waiver, or would it just not say "the $80 fee will be added to your shopping cart"?


It says the $80 fee has been waived due to CRS. I had the same question with Chicago though. It took like four days for my CRS hidden waiver to hit, so don't worry if it isn't there right now.
Last edited by bernaldiaz on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TrialLawyer16
Posts: 287
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:43 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby TrialLawyer16 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:29 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
TrialLawyer16 wrote:
yarsten wrote:
broadstreet11 wrote:PENN HIDDEN!!!!

+1
About time.
NYU/Columbia, please get on the ball here.

Some schools, including Penn and UVA, have a different message at the screen where you would check for a hidden waiver:

"Payment Method
The $80 fee will be added to your Shopping Cart.
Or enter individual application fee waiver code Certification

By checking this box, I acknowledge that I have proofread my application and that all information I am about to send to LSAC for transmission to the law school is true and accurate, and that I agree to the certification language stated on the signature portion of the law school application. LSAC is authorized to transmit this law school application.

Please note: We cannot transmit your application without this certification."

Do you have to check that box and click continue to check for the waiver, or would it just not say "the $80 fee will be added to your shopping cart"?


It says the $80 fee has been waived due to CRS

:cry:

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:35 pm

So you are saying that there is still hope if it isn't showing up right now?

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby bernaldiaz » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:38 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:So you are saying that there is still hope if it isn't showing up right now?


If Penn is anything like Chicago, then yes, there is hope.

kcam1991
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:26 am

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby kcam1991 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:16 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
yarsten wrote:
broadstreet11 wrote:PENN HIDDEN!!!!

+1
About time.
NYU/Columbia, please get on the ball here.


Fuck yeah. I have one too. Just waiting on the NYC schools. Anyone tried to solicit them yet?


I received all the major unsolicited waivers out so far including Penn. However, I tried a week ago to solicit from NYU and Penn and got a firm no.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Crowing » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:08 pm

Poo; I don't have Penn or Chi. Idk if it's because of my gpa or the fact that I didn't sign up for CRS until late August.

User avatar
foosbol21
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:57 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby foosbol21 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:25 pm

Santa Clara unsolicited this afternoon

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby trojandave » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:08 pm

Unsolicited email from Penn

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Yukos » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:23 pm

trojandave wrote:Unsolicited email from Penn


This just made my afternoon :)

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby comeonletsgo » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:01 pm

trojandave wrote:Unsolicited email from Penn


jelly

User avatar
TrialLawyer16
Posts: 287
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:43 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby TrialLawyer16 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:13 pm

comeonletsgo wrote:
trojandave wrote:Unsolicited email from Penn


jelly

samesies

karich
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby karich » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:17 pm

Got an email from penn saying i'd have a fee waiver but I have an active application (haven't sent it yet) with them that still says there will be an 80 dollar fee. Do i need to start over?

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby trojandave » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:27 pm

karich wrote:Got an email from penn saying i'd have a fee waiver but I have an active application (haven't sent it yet) with them that still says there will be an 80 dollar fee. Do i need to start over?


Is it 100% complete and on the checkout page it still shows $80? Or does it say the fee on the first page when you go back in to edit the app? The waiver shouldn't appear until you check out

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby bernaldiaz » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:33 pm

trojandave wrote:
karich wrote:Got an email from penn saying i'd have a fee waiver but I have an active application (haven't sent it yet) with them that still says there will be an 80 dollar fee. Do i need to start over?


Is it 100% complete and on the checkout page it still shows $80? Or does it say the fee on the first page when you go back in to edit the app? The waiver shouldn't appear until you check out


http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=129078

This explains what he is talking about.

User avatar
EttaJ
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:41 am

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby EttaJ » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:40 pm

Yukos wrote:
trojandave wrote:Unsolicited email from Penn


This just made my afternoon :)


Mine too!

amonthofsundays
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby amonthofsundays » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:52 pm

In the Penn club. That makes four T14 waivers. Trying not to get too excited about it, still gotta bring up that LSAT score :/

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby trojandave » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:09 pm

Has anyone encountered rules regarding font size for resumes the same way there are for personal statements?

User avatar
Yardbird
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Yardbird » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:41 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
trojandave wrote:
karich wrote:Got an email from penn saying i'd have a fee waiver but I have an active application (haven't sent it yet) with them that still says there will be an 80 dollar fee. Do i need to start over?


Is it 100% complete and on the checkout page it still shows $80? Or does it say the fee on the first page when you go back in to edit the app? The waiver shouldn't appear until you check out


viewtopic.php?f=2&t=129078

This explains what he is talking about.
Would it hurt to just restart to check? My BU solicited need based didn't register in my current application but appeared after I deleted and restarted.

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby bernaldiaz » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:17 pm

Anyone think there is a chance that the LSN people are no longer actively updating their website? It's getting really late to add this cycle.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: checkcheckgo and 2 guests