Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Yardbird
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Yardbird » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:51 am

02889 wrote:
Lavitz wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:People who got the Chicago fee waiver- are your recommendations already in?


I had two letters received and assigned to Chicago, yes. I've been waiting on a third letter and the app has been sitting at 100% for a while now. I went to change a few answers today and figured I'd check for the fee waiver while I was at it, and there it was.

Nothing from NYU though, and I haven't checked Columbia yet.

Does anyone have a sense how they update hidden waivers? Is there someone in the admissions office this weekend (and beyond) just sprinkling out waivers to applicants? I have a very fuzzy understanding of how these are assigned.
It's the CRS waiver except you didn't get the email/snail mail yet.

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby 02889 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:54 am

shadowofjazz wrote:
02889 wrote:
Lavitz wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:People who got the Chicago fee waiver- are your recommendations already in?


I had two letters received and assigned to Chicago, yes. I've been waiting on a third letter and the app has been sitting at 100% for a while now. I went to change a few answers today and figured I'd check for the fee waiver while I was at it, and there it was.

Nothing from NYU though, and I haven't checked Columbia yet.

Does anyone have a sense how they update hidden waivers? Is there someone in the admissions office this weekend (and beyond) just sprinkling out waivers to applicants? I have a very fuzzy understanding of how these are assigned.
It's the CRS waiver except you didn't get the email/snail mail yet.

Right, I figured that much. I just was surprised that someone wouldn't have a hidden waiver earlier in the day on Saturday, would then check back later and find it (I think it was yarsten who said this).

User avatar
Yardbird
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Yardbird » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:58 am

02889 wrote:
shadowofjazz wrote:
02889 wrote:
Lavitz wrote:I had two letters received and assigned to Chicago, yes. I've been waiting on a third letter and the app has been sitting at 100% for a while now. I went to change a few answers today and figured I'd check for the fee waiver while I was at it, and there it was.

Nothing from NYU though, and I haven't checked Columbia yet.

Does anyone have a sense how they update hidden waivers? Is there someone in the admissions office this weekend (and beyond) just sprinkling out waivers to applicants? I have a very fuzzy understanding of how these are assigned.
It's the CRS waiver except you didn't get the email/snail mail yet.

Right, I figured that much. I just was surprised that someone wouldn't have a hidden waiver earlier in the day on Saturday, would then check back later and find it (I think it was yarsten who said this).
For the same reason people get the emails at different days/times. It's probably a rolling process.

User avatar
Yardbird
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Yardbird » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:19 pm

Updated Berkeley to show that it can't be submitted until 9/15

User avatar
cahwc12
Posts: 941
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby cahwc12 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:28 am

shadow I just wanted to give you a huge thanks for compiling all this data and I really appreciate it.

User avatar
Yardbird
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Yardbird » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:37 pm

cahwc12 wrote:shadow I just wanted to give you a huge thanks for compiling all this data and I really appreciate it.
No problem.

On another note, Alabama has been open for about 12 hours now. Who got the free iTunes downloads!! (I did)

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby danitt » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:51 pm

shadowofjazz wrote:
cahwc12 wrote:shadow I just wanted to give you a huge thanks for compiling all this data and I really appreciate it.
No problem.

On another note, Alabama has been open for about 12 hours now. Who got the free iTunes downloads!! (I did)

I just laughed harder than I should at that.

User avatar
Emmie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:59 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Emmie » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:48 pm

So I turned in the CRS thing sort of late... like a week and a half ago or so but all my transcripts and rec letters are in. About when should I expect fee waivers to come in?

User avatar
Yardbird
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Yardbird » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:02 pm

Emmie wrote:So I turned in the CRS thing sort of late... like a week and a half ago or so but all my transcripts and rec letters are in. About when should I expect fee waivers to come in?
Do you mean CAS (Credential Assembly Service)? CRS (Candidate Referral Service) you could have had on for a while now...CAS is the one you pay for. Make sure CRS is registered (look to the left side of the LSAC main screen and it should say if you are registered for CRS). If you did indeed sign up for CRS, you can expect to start getting TTT snail mail and emails shortly.

User avatar
Yardbird
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Yardbird » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:54 pm

LSAT/GPA Medians and Class Sizes are up for Class of 2014 and Class of 2015 (schools are releasing info over the next few weeks so expect this to fill in).

Some notes:
1. C/O 2014 data was taken from the ABA data sheets, which sometimes differ from the reported # of matrics/1st years on the school's website. This is because ABA reporting for 1st year class size/medians has to be submitted in October. This means that if someone drops during the first month (or if someone is added from a waitlist) that will affect the number for the ABA data sheet. Some schools updated their class profiles on their individual sites but others did not. If there is a discrepancy between the site and the spreadsheet, go by the spreadsheet as that is what was reported to the ABA.
2. Some C/O 2015 data is incomplete and is reported from students at orientations, not from the schools' websites. The information will be double-checked against the school's release of numbers whenever that happens. (if the school has the class size, 25th-50th-75th %iles for GPA and LSAT, then the numbers are accurate)

lc.
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby lc. » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:33 pm

Has anybody received a waiver for Vanderbilt?

User avatar
tyler.durden
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby tyler.durden » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:36 pm

lc. wrote:Has anybody received a waiver for Vanderbilt?


Yes, via email

User avatar
Yardbird
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Yardbird » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:37 am

tyler.durden wrote:
lc. wrote:Has anybody received a waiver for Vanderbilt?


Yes, via email
Also clearly labeled in the spreadsheet as having sent out waivers. Please try and do a little more searching for an answer before asking a question.

User avatar
lovejopd
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:00 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby lovejopd » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:25 am

shadowofjazz wrote:LSAT/GPA Medians and Class Sizes are up for Class of 2014 and Class of 2015 (schools are releasing info over the next few weeks so expect this to fill in).

Some notes:
1. C/O 2014 data was taken from the ABA data sheets, which sometimes differ from the reported # of matrics/1st years on the school's website. This is because ABA reporting for 1st year class size/medians has to be submitted in October. This means that if someone drops during the first month (or if someone is added from a waitlist) that will affect the number for the ABA data sheet. Some schools updated their class profiles on their individual sites but others did not. If there is a discrepancy between the site and the spreadsheet, go by the spreadsheet as that is what was reported to the ABA.
2. Some C/O 2015 data is incomplete and is reported from students at orientations, not from the schools' websites. The information will be double-checked against the school's release of numbers whenever that happens. (if the school has the class size, 25th-50th-75th %iles for GPA and LSAT, then the numbers are accurate)

LOVE IT
YOU ROCK :D

User avatar
tyler.durden
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby tyler.durden » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:27 am

Got the hidden Northwestern fee waiver, jackpot!

User avatar
crossingfingers
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby crossingfingers » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:18 pm

Hey Shadow, posting from a phone here, so I'm only mostly certain that these are unreported: FSU unsolicited and UGA solicited (I wasn't sent the snail mail). Both received this morning.

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby TheThriller » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:43 pm

U Wash is waiving all app fees this year, don't know if this is old news but I just wanted to share with everyone!

Edit: No luck on soliciting an ND waiver.

User avatar
yarsten
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby yarsten » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:12 pm

So hate to bring this up again, but It'd be a shame to waste the money:

Do we have any first-hand accounts of a hidden waiver from any of the following schools:
Columbia, NYU, UPenn
??

User avatar
pinballwiz24
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:42 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby pinballwiz24 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:41 pm

I can confirm Chicago is definitely rolling. I just got my fee waiver a few minutes ago.

User avatar
tyler.durden
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby tyler.durden » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:42 pm

Does Columbia do rolling fee waivers? Or am I SOL since I havent gotten one yet?

User avatar
EttaJ
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:41 am

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby EttaJ » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:52 pm

pinballwiz24 wrote:I can confirm Chicago is definitely rolling. I just got my fee waiver a few minutes ago.



Ditto. Unsolicited fee waiver to my email a couple minutes ago...

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby helix23 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:54 pm

Yep Chi-Town just came in

unfortunately I already paid my fee a week ago.

User avatar
Yardbird
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Yardbird » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:57 pm

crossingfingers wrote:Hey Shadow, posting from a phone here, so I'm only mostly certain that these are unreported: FSU unsolicited and UGA solicited (I wasn't sent the snail mail). Both received this morning.
I'll add both.
helix23 wrote:Yep Chi-Town just came in

unfortunately I already paid my fee a week ago.
Will add Chicago.

Also, I got a solicited [need based] waiver from Northwestern :)

User avatar
Dr. Filth
Posts: 1158
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:22 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Dr. Filth » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:06 pm

I don't think I saw anyone mention this. I just got a post card from UGA that says they offer a new ED process. Nobember 1st application deadline. December 17th notification of decision.

User avatar
lovejopd
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:00 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby lovejopd » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:04 pm

Dr. Filth wrote:I don't think I saw anyone mention this. I just got a post card from UGA that says they offer a new ED process. Nobember 1st application deadline. December 17th notification of decision.

http://www.law.uga.edu/early-decision-process

Wow...in addition to Emory, UGA starts a ED program...they had a hit because of reduced applicants and start to lock someone in to have a better ranking :lol:




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, shineoncrazydiamond, SweetTort, vm223, Why???, Yahoo [Bot] and 18 guests