Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby danitt » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:23 pm

Has Emory been added? I just got an unsolicited waiver from them.

User avatar
tyler.durden
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby tyler.durden » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:24 pm

danitt wrote:Has Emory been added? I just got an unsolicited waiver from them.

Emory also

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby bernaldiaz » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:43 pm

tyler.durden wrote:
danitt wrote:Has Emory been added? I just got an unsolicited waiver from them.

Emory also


How do these schools decide who they send waivers to? I'm surprised that I have 6 of the top 14 but didn't get Emory or Vandebilt today. Do they somehow have information about if they are on your school's list?

Nvm just got Emory- but that almost makes me more curious about Vanderbilt...

Jaytray
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:48 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Jaytray » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:10 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
tyler.durden wrote:
danitt wrote:Has Emory been added? I just got an unsolicited waiver from them.

Emory also


How do these schools decide who they send waivers to? I'm surprised that I have 6 of the top 14 but didn't get Emory or Vandebilt today. Do they somehow have information about if they are on your school's list?

Nvm just got Emory- but that almost makes me more curious about Vanderbilt...


It's a bit mystifying. I got PT at Duke (with probably the lowest numbers they have ever given it to) and the Cornell waiver but nothing at UCLA or Vandy.

BTW Shadow- the Emory email mentioned a new binding accelerated ED, might want to update that in the spreadsheet when you get a chance. Thanks again for all your hard work!

User avatar
geary86
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby geary86 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:21 pm

Jaytray wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:
tyler.durden wrote:
danitt wrote:Has Emory been added? I just got an unsolicited waiver from them.

Emory also


How do these schools decide who they send waivers to? I'm surprised that I have 6 of the top 14 but didn't get Emory or Vandebilt today. Do they somehow have information about if they are on your school's list?

Nvm just got Emory- but that almost makes me more curious about Vanderbilt...


It's a bit mystifying. I got PT at Duke (with probably the lowest numbers they have ever given it to) and the Cornell waiver but nothing at UCLA or Vandy.

BTW Shadow- the Emory email mentioned a new binding accelerated ED, might want to update that in the spreadsheet when you get a chance. Thanks again for all your hard work!


Yeah.. According to their website, applicants to this accelerated ED get a decision in 2 weeks after completion.

http://www.law.emory.edu/admission/acce ... ogram.html

User avatar
Yardbird
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Yardbird » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:51 pm

tyler.durden wrote:
danitt wrote:Has Emory been added? I just got an unsolicited waiver from them.
Emory also
No Emory love for me :/ - guess they don't get to come back on the list like Vandy did.

Jaytray wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:
tyler.durden wrote:
danitt wrote:Has Emory been added? I just got an unsolicited waiver from them.

Emory also


How do these schools decide who they send waivers to? I'm surprised that I have 6 of the top 14 but didn't get Emory or Vandebilt today. Do they somehow have information about if they are on your school's list?

Nvm just got Emory- but that almost makes me more curious about Vanderbilt...


It's a bit mystifying. I got PT at Duke (with probably the lowest numbers they have ever given it to) and the Cornell waiver but nothing at UCLA or Vandy.

BTW Shadow- the Emory email mentioned a new binding accelerated ED, might want to update that in the spreadsheet when you get a chance. Thanks again for all your hard work!
Added, thanks for pointing it out. Is there an ED deadline with that?

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby bernaldiaz » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:52 pm

Jaytray wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:
tyler.durden wrote:
danitt wrote:Has Emory been added? I just got an unsolicited waiver from them.

Emory also


How do these schools decide who they send waivers to? I'm surprised that I have 6 of the top 14 but didn't get Emory or Vandebilt today. Do they somehow have information about if they are on your school's list?

Nvm just got Emory- but that almost makes me more curious about Vanderbilt...


It's a bit mystifying. I got PT at Duke (with probably the lowest numbers they have ever given it to) and the Cornell waiver but nothing at UCLA or Vandy.

BTW Shadow- the Emory email mentioned a new binding accelerated ED, might want to update that in the spreadsheet when you get a chance. Thanks again for all your hard work!


LOL dude is there a chance you accidentally claimed you were a black male or something on your application. That PT at Duke for you is definitely confounding.

User avatar
Yardbird
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Yardbird » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:57 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
Jaytray wrote:It's a bit mystifying. I got PT at Duke (with probably the lowest numbers they have ever given it to) and the Cornell waiver but nothing at UCLA or Vandy.

BTW Shadow- the Emory email mentioned a new binding accelerated ED, might want to update that in the spreadsheet when you get a chance. Thanks again for all your hard work!
LOL dude is there a chance you accidentally claimed you were a black male or something on your application. That PT at Duke for you is definitely confounding.
Someone else got one with a 3.3 + 175. They might be changing things up this year.

ON ANOTHER NOTE: A new column will be added to the spreadsheet on Saturday to show whether or not you can daisy-chain ED's between schools - basically, it will be a Yes or No column saying that after you've ED'd at X can you ED at another school if rejected at X (and vise versa: If you ED'd at school Y that doesn't allow any other ED's for that cycle, you can't ED at another school after being rejected from school Y).

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby bernaldiaz » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:00 am

shadowofjazz wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:
Jaytray wrote:It's a bit mystifying. I got PT at Duke (with probably the lowest numbers they have ever given it to) and the Cornell waiver but nothing at UCLA or Vandy.

BTW Shadow- the Emory email mentioned a new binding accelerated ED, might want to update that in the spreadsheet when you get a chance. Thanks again for all your hard work!
LOL dude is there a chance you accidentally claimed you were a black male or something on your application. That PT at Duke for you is definitely confounding.
Someone else got one with a 3.3 + 175. They might be changing things up this year.

ON ANOTHER NOTE: A new column will be added to the spreadsheet on Saturday to show whether or not you can daisy-chain ED's between schools - basically, it will be a Yes or No column saying that after you've ED'd at X can you ED at another school if rejected at X (and vise versa: If you ED'd at school Y that doesn't allow any other ED's for that cycle, you can't ED at another school after being rejected from school Y).


3.3 175 is a ways off from a 161 3.7

User avatar
Yardbird
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Yardbird » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:04 am

bernaldiaz wrote:
shadowofjazz wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:
Jaytray wrote:It's a bit mystifying. I got PT at Duke (with probably the lowest numbers they have ever given it to) and the Cornell waiver but nothing at UCLA or Vandy.

BTW Shadow- the Emory email mentioned a new binding accelerated ED, might want to update that in the spreadsheet when you get a chance. Thanks again for all your hard work!
LOL dude is there a chance you accidentally claimed you were a black male or something on your application. That PT at Duke for you is definitely confounding.
Someone else got one with a 3.3 + 175. They might be changing things up this year.

ON ANOTHER NOTE: A new column will be added to the spreadsheet on Saturday to show whether or not you can daisy-chain ED's between schools - basically, it will be a Yes or No column saying that after you've ED'd at X can you ED at another school if rejected at X (and vise versa: If you ED'd at school Y that doesn't allow any other ED's for that cycle, you can't ED at another school after being rejected from school Y).


3.3 175 is a ways off from a 161 3.7
I know...here I was hoping I'd get one as a 3.15/174. I think 3.3 was the GPA cutoff though (and I guess 161 was the LSAT cutoff...but in that case more people should have gotten it). Or maybe Jaytray got mine by accident! :evil:

User avatar
geary86
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby geary86 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:12 am

shadowofjazz wrote:Added, thanks for pointing it out. Is there an ED deadline with that?


The deadline is February 1st. :)
http://www.law.emory.edu/admission/acce ... /faqs.html

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby 2014 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:19 am

shadowofjazz wrote:I know...here I was hoping I'd get one as a 3.15/174. I think 3.3 was the GPA cutoff though (and I guess 161 was the LSAT cutoff...but in that case more people should have gotten it). Or maybe Jaytray got mine by accident! :evil:

I'd give you mine if I could :(

User avatar
Yardbird
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Yardbird » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:20 am

geary86 wrote:
shadowofjazz wrote:Added, thanks for pointing it out. Is there an ED deadline with that?


The deadline is February 1st. :)
http://www.law.emory.edu/admission/acce ... /faqs.html
Thanks, I'll update that right now.

User avatar
lovejopd
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:00 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby lovejopd » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:45 am

I got mine from MSU yesterday without having a LSAT score lol Maybe it is due to my high GPA I guess or just randomness :D

Also, very interesting that Emory initiated ED program. They really want to play the U.S News ranking game with splitters/reverse-splitters like UVA!(Same 14 days turnout)
and Feb 1 is really sweet deadline as long as they do not care whether applicants already got rejected from other ED programs :-)

User avatar
Yardbird
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Yardbird » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:49 am

lovejopd wrote:I got mine from MSU yesterday without having a LSAT score lol Maybe it is due to my high GPA I guess or just randomness :D

Also, very interesting that Emory initiated ED program. They really want to play the U.S News ranking game with splitters/reverse-splitters like UVA!(Same 14 days turnout)
and Feb 1 is really sweet deadline as long as they do not care whether applicants already got rejected from other ED programs :-)
Not as easy to play that game when people who ED to UVA are doing so for employment prospects. Emory is basically equal to the 4 schools above/under it. UVA is not equal to the 4 schools above/under it.

ON ANOTHER NOTE (lots of these today): The chart's white background was bothering me, so I added some color.

User avatar
geary86
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby geary86 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:20 am

shadowofjazz wrote:Not as easy to play that game when people who ED to UVA are doing so for employment prospects. Emory is basically equal to the 4 schools above/under it. UVA is not equal to the 4 schools above/under it.

ON ANOTHER NOTE (lots of these today): The chart's white background was bothering me, so I added some color.


WOW :shock: soooooooo colorful LOL

User avatar
Yardbird
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Yardbird » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:42 am

geary86 wrote:
shadowofjazz wrote:Not as easy to play that game when people who ED to UVA are doing so for employment prospects. Emory is basically equal to the 4 schools above/under it. UVA is not equal to the 4 schools above/under it.

ON ANOTHER NOTE (lots of these today): The chart's white background was bothering me, so I added some color.


WOW :shock: soooooooo colorful LOL
Color coding is based on the typical TLS'er: Red = (Super) Reaches, Yellow = Reaches/Targets, Green = Targets/Safeties, Blue = Safeties

I may have also added a SHITton to the first post ITT that will have even MORE come Saturday.

[Edit] The new stuff might actually be too big. Moving them to new threads.
Last edited by Yardbird on Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jaytray
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:48 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Jaytray » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:06 am

Whoops! No, retook and now I am a 167/3.76. Need to update my profile.

User avatar
Yardbird
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Yardbird » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:18 am

Jaytray wrote:Whoops! No, retook and now I am a 167/3.76. Need to update my profile.
Which is right in their range!

ON ANOTHER NOTE:
Here's the new stuff that's too big to be ITT that I mentioned two posts ago:

Check out this thread for Character & Fitness Questions for the T35 for the 2012-2013 cycle: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=192726
Check out this thread for Early Decision Contracts for the T35 for the 2012-2013 cycle: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=192725

ON ANOTHER ANOTHER NOTE:
The Northwestern application is now available (you can't submit until Saturday though).

[Edit]
Stanford is also now available. I'll be MIA until the evening on Saturday. I'll post any updates to the spreadsheet for waivers and availability and ED/C&F info here at that time. Please make sure to reply if you successfully solicited a merit/need-based fee waiver (please specify - AmeriCorps/TFA/military fall under need-based for our purposes) or received an unsolicited fee waiver not listed on the spreadsheet.

User avatar
lovejopd
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:00 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby lovejopd » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:21 am

Love this Excel file!

I am really sorry to bother you and I am not even in a position to ask...but is there anyway that you can add LSAT and GPA info(if possible, class size etc) into another column or different sheet? I am not really familiar with the use of excel... :mrgreen:

It would be a complete application file that most TLS need! No need to shuffle between threads or files.

User avatar
Yardbird
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Yardbird » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:26 am

lovejopd wrote:Love this Excel file!

I am really sorry to bother you and I am not even in a position to ask...but is there anyway that you can add LSAT and GPA info(if possible, class size etc) into another column or different sheet? I am not really familiar with the use of excel... :mrgreen:

It would be a complete application file that most TLS need! No need to shuffle between threads or files.
I'll add this on Sunday/Monday.

[Edit] Bored at work and just got a solicited back from Michigan! Will add to spreadsheet when I have computer access again tomorrow.

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby 02889 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:57 am

Tried to solicit a waiver from Cornell with a 3.7/170 and got this response:

Hello 02889, and thank you for your email and interest in Cornell Law.

We will consider your request for a merit-based fee waiver if you are registered with the LSAC Candidate Referral Service, and took the LSAT on or after February 2012, and/or recently submitted updated information to LSAC. Should you be selected to receive an application fee waiver from us, you will receive an email and letter in the mail, and the fee will be waived in advance for you in the LSAC system. If you receive a fee waiver from us after you apply, please follow the reimbursement procedures on the back of the fee waiver memorandum.

Let us know if you have any questions, and we look forward to receiving your application.

Best wishes,
Cornell


I took the LSAT in February 2011, but just signed up for CRS a few weeks ago. Did I screw myself strategically because schools only look for recent updates in their CRS searches, or are my numbers just not meeting their cut-offs?

guinness1547
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:13 am

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby guinness1547 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:14 am

I got the same exact response from Cornell this morning.

Also received a solicited waiver from Michigan.

Jaytray
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:48 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Jaytray » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:36 pm

Has anyone done any digging around the site to see when schools sent out fee waivers last year? I would love to send off some applications that open tomorrow but don't really feel like spending the money if I'm going to get a merit waiver later (ie UT). I'm surprised schools haven't finalized this process before their apps open.

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby comeonletsgo » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:41 pm

has anyone successfully solicited a fee waiver from Cornell?

i saw that one person said s/he did, but it seems as if the majority of people are getting emails back saying that cornell only goes through CRS.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aquinas, JD_Kingfish, Pozzo and 10 guests