Fee Waiver Request Timeline?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Yardbird

Fee Waiver Request Timeline?

Postby Yardbird » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:19 pm

Just wondering when it would be appropriate to send out fee waiver requests to schools. I am planning on getting apps out on day 1 (so 9/1 for most, some on 9/15 and some on 10/1) which would require the waiver request to be submitted sometime soonish. The only reason I ask is most of the applications aren't up yet on LSAC for the 2012-2013 cycle.

Nova

Re: Fee Waiver Request Timeline?

Postby Nova » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:23 pm

IMO, now.

If they say no, ask again in a few weeks.

If you feel now is too early, wait a bit I suppose. Anything before August 15th should give them ample time to respond.

Postby 2014 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:41 pm

They will reply within a week, often within a couple of hours so mid-August would be sufficient. Right now schools are managing wait lists and incoming students and probably don't want to think about your request, not to mention I'm not sure if LSAC will let them give fee waivers yet as next cycle hasn't started.

Yardbird

Postby Yardbird » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:48 pm

2014 wrote:They will reply within a week, often within a couple of hours so mid-August would be sufficient. Right now schools are managing wait lists and incoming students and probably don't want to think about your request, not to mention I'm not sure if LSAC will let them give fee waivers yet as next cycle hasn't started.

That last part is what I was thinking as well. I'll just send them out in late July (maybe give some time for them to send the unsolicited ones). Hopefully I won't have to pay 1.5-2k in law school apps.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”