Reapplying with Higher LSAT and Personal Statements.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bobbyflayed

Reapplying with Higher LSAT and Personal Statements.

Postby bobbyflayed » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:31 pm

Got rejected from UCLA/USC last cycle with a 3.6/164 but retook and I now have a 3.6/171 . Is it really necessary to rewrite my PS? I'm comfortably above their LSAT medians now.

Nova

Re: Reapplying with Higher LSAT and Personal Statements.

Postby Nova » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:07 pm

Not necessary, but probably a good idea. Dont be lazy. Its been a year, im sure you have some new insights. You dont have to scrap the PS , just make it better.

JCFindley

Postby JCFindley » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:10 pm

Think of it a a chance to show something else wonderful about yourself that you didn't have the space to show the first time. It is really a chance to get even more of who you are across to the AdComms and I would view it as an opportunity instead of a chore.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:13 pm

bobbyflayed wrote:Got rejected from UCLA/USC last cycle with a 3.6/164 but retook and I now have a 3.6/171 . Is it really necessary to rewrite my PS? I'm comfortably above their LSAT medians now.

the only school I reapplied to just said that if anything had happened I should add it, but if I was confident in the statement the first time, only to tweak it.

Postby 2014 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:12 pm

Aim higher.

But wrt your PS, only re-write it if something more meaningful happened over the last year imo. Definitely take another look at it though and consider some polish since you presumably wrote it almost a full year ago now and you might find things you want to tweak.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:52 am

2014 wrote:Definitely take another look at it though and consider some polish since you presumably wrote it almost a full year ago now and you might find things you want to tweak.

This. You can rewrite it if you absolutely have a better topic to write about. However, if you don't have something better to write about, you should be able to edit the old one to be even better. You're a year older - surely, something new in your experience will allow you to take a different angle on something presented in your PS.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”