Merit-Based Fee Waiver request

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kcam1991

Merit-Based Fee Waiver request

Postby kcam1991 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:28 pm

I was wondering if this would be an good e-mail for a fee waiver request:

Subject: Application Fee Waiver
To Whom It May Concern:

My name is _____ and I am an African-American senior attending the ________. My LSAC GPA _____ and I will be graduating in May 2013 with honors in my _____ double major. On the June 2012 LSAT, I scored a ____.

While researching schools, (name of law school) stood out as a school that would be an excellent fit for me and I am excited to apply. However, the current state of the economy has made financing the application process a bit more difficult than I had anticipated and restricted the number of schools to which I am able to apply. With this in mind, I would respectfully like to ask for a fee waiver to apply for admission to your Class of 2016.

My LSAC account number is ______. Please let me know if you require any additional information. As I mentioned, I am really interested in XXX School of Law and look forward to applying as soon as possible. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

R86

Re: Merit-Based Fee Waiver request

Postby R86 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:30 pm

Looks good. Missing an "is" after GPA.

Best of luck getting those waivers!

cutecarmel

Postby cutecarmel » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:23 pm

kcam1991 wrote:I was wondering if this would be an good e-mail for a fee waiver request:

Subject: Application Fee Waiver
To Whom It May Concern:

My name is _____ and I am an African-American senior attending the ________. My LSAC GPA _____ and I will be graduating in May 2013 with honors in my _____ double major. On the June 2012 LSAT, I scored a ____.

While researching schools, (name of law school) stood out as a school that would be an excellent fit for me and I am excited to apply. However, the current state of the economy has made financing the application process a bit more difficult than I had anticipated and restricted the number of schools to which I am able to apply. With this in mind, I would respectfully like to ask for a fee waiver to apply for admission to your Class of 2016.

My LSAC account number is ______. Please let me know if you require any additional information. As I mentioned, I am really interested in XXX School of Law and look forward to applying as soon as possible. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

You don't need to mention that you are African American, you don't have to say anything about the economy, and I would take about the "As I mentioned...School of Law."

Good luck.

kcam1991

Postby kcam1991 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:17 pm

Thought that they would be more receptive of giving me a waiver because of my urm status?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”