Waitlisted - Submit Additional LSAT Score Worth It?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JulietteAV

Waitlisted - Submit Additional LSAT Score Worth It?

Postby JulietteAV » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:00 am

Hi all,

I'm currently waitlisted at a top 10 law school. I had taken the LSAT twice last year and scored 156 the first time and a 165 the second time. I had submitted an addendum when I applied to law schools to explain that the 156 was not an accurate indicator (in a nutshell, had a bad night's sleep) and the 165 is more accurate. After I got waitlisted, I read somewhere that there were people who took the LSAT again, scored higher, and that helped them get off the waitlist. So I took the LSAT again...

I just got my scores back and did slightly worse - 163 (an obvious risk). My question is: would it be worth it to mention this new score to the school? On the one hand, I think it would help confirm that the 165 and now 163 are better indicators of my ability and the 156 really is just an anomaly. On the other hand, I'm afraid that the slight dip in score may be viewed upon negatively, even though "statistically" it's said that scores within three points of each other are not significantly different indicators of one's ability. The fact I was even able to get waitlisted at a top 10 school leads me to believe that they put more weight on my higher score when I first applied anyways, so I'm not sure if sharing my slightly lower score, albeit only by two points, would help or hurt me in getting off the waitlist.

Anyone have any advice or been in a similar situation? Thanks so much!

ryanfaro

Re: Waitlisted - Submit Additional LSAT Score Worth It?

Postby ryanfaro » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:01 am

I highly doubt submitting a lower LSAT would help in any way, that is a large jump, as long as you have the addendum that is enough I think.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:11 pm

That score was already submitted to every school to which you applied. The only thing you could do would be to mention it in a LOCI, but as it's lower than the one you already submitted (and they considered), I would skip doing that.

cutecarmel

Postby cutecarmel » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:52 pm

bp shinners wrote:That score was already submitted to every school to which you applied. The only thing you could do would be to mention it in a LOCI, but as it's lower than the one you already submitted (and they considered), I would skip doing that.

This

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”