Rutgers just admitted me without my applying Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mr.hands

Silver

Re: Rutgers just admitted me without my applying

Post by mr.hands » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:29 pm

There is so much fail going on at Rutgers-Camden. I wonder if they'll be gone entirely in 3-4 years.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:35 pm

mr.hands wrote:There is so much fail going on at Rutgers-Camden. I wonder if they'll be gone entirely in 3-4 years.
I know a lot of people have been pontificating on this recently, but there's absolutely no chance of this happening, especially now that RU-C is directly (read: financially) a part of the main RU-NB campus. The Rutgers brand is too strong, and NJ legislators (Republicans and Democrats alike) care too much about their state's higher education to allow one of their two public in state law schools to fail.

mr.hands

Silver

Post by mr.hands » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:52 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
mr.hands wrote:There is so much fail going on at Rutgers-Camden. I wonder if they'll be gone entirely in 3-4 years.
I know a lot of people have been pontificating on this recently, but there's absolutely no chance of this happening, especially now that RU-C is directly (read: financially) a part of the main RU-NB campus. The Rutgers brand is too strong, and NJ legislators (Republicans and Democrats alike) care too much about their state's higher education to allow one of their two public in state law schools to fail.
They won't let the Rutger's institution fail, i agree. Individual campuses aren't insulated necessarily, especially considering the number of full scholarships Camden is giving out. Frankly, I don't know how they can afford to keep this up.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:54 pm

Last edited by 20130312 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sunynp

Gold

Post by sunynp » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:18 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
mr.hands wrote:They won't let the Rutger's institution fail, i agree. Individual campuses aren't insulated necessarily, especially considering the number of full scholarships Camden is giving out. Frankly, I don't know how they can afford to keep this up.
Because they are going to section stack and get all their money back next year. That's what stips are for, my friend.
I wish there was a way to reach all their students and warn them.

I'm MAF about that school and its lying to and manipulating students.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

manofjustice

Silver

Post by manofjustice » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:58 pm

sunynp wrote:
tmgarvey wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:@tmgarvey: Don't you think that a lot has changed since 1984 regarding Rutgers-Camden Law school ? Are you comfortable with the area around Rutgers-Camden ?
I've worked two blocks from the Law School for the past 22 years. The worst things that ever happened to me were that a guy tried to sell me a "hot" video camera (with a brick inside the box) while I was sitting in front of the Prosecutor's Office, and my car was broken into and my GPS stolen (while parked directly beneath a sign that said "Prosecutor's Office Parking Only"). LOL, some dumb criminals in Camden. :)

The Law School has gotten bigger and better with a beautiful new building, and the campus has grown enormously since I went there. I am very familiar with how the school is now because of its proximity and because I have worked with numerous recent graduates. The faculty is top-notch.

Nobody with his or her heart set on BigLaw is likely to make Rutgers his or her first choice, but short of that, it's still one of the best schools around.

You don't want to go aimlessly driving or walking around the area beyond the Law School after dark, but the campus itself is very well patrolled and as safe as just about any campus anywhere. I lived in the suburbs because there were no dorms when I attended, but there are options at the school and close by (the Victor), as well as all along the Speedline.
What was the tuition in 1984 or when you enrolled? What was your Cost of Attendance? How much debt did you have? Do you know what the tuition is now? Do you have any idea how hiring is now out of law school? Do a number of grads take unpaid jobs?
Amen. 1984...give me a friggin break.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:15 pm

Last edited by 20130312 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mr.hands

Silver

Post by mr.hands » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:04 pm

What are the stips? I didn't know they section stacked...

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:06 pm

Last edited by 20130312 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Yardbird

Silver

Post by Yardbird » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:57 pm

They just admitted me without an application and are offering me their Dean's Scholarship (full-tuition). They must be really desperate to be accepting someone who won't be graduating undergrad until May.

BuckeyeGirl

New

Post by BuckeyeGirl » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:58 pm

shadowofjazz wrote:They just admitted me without an application and are offering me their Dean's Scholarship (full-tuition). They must be really desperate to be accepting someone who won't be graduating undergrad until May.
Also got this email. Seriously considered asking if they would, say....buy me out of my lease for the 2012-2013 school year? Pay my moving costs? Not because there's a snowball's chance in hell I'd go, but out of pure curiosity about the level of desperation.

Class has to start in what....3 weeks? Even if someone were interested how would they make that happen? Perplexing

Scotusnerd

Silver

Post by Scotusnerd » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:09 pm

I got a full scholarship offer with some pretty generous stips from Rutgers (I think it was Rutgers, I tore the thing up. Don't quote me on it.) Still, I ain't taking nothing with stipulations on it. This is a buyer's market right now. They want to play that bullshit, they can find someone else. That's what you get for playing hokey with your student's livelihoods.

Besides...New Jersey? Yuck. :shock:

catholicgirl

Bronze

Post by catholicgirl » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:35 am

Kind of just threw a complete shit fit.

Told them not to contact me again after they emailed and snail mailed me a letter. ...Then they send me multiple emails.

Leave me alone.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

catholicgirl

Bronze

Post by catholicgirl » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:38 am

tfleming09 wrote:
catholicgirl wrote:Kind of just threw a complete shit fit.

Told them not to contact me again after they emailed and snail mailed me a letter. ...Then they send me multiple emails.

Leave me alone.
Your life must be so hard.
It is. I have multiple first world problems.

westinghouse60

Bronze

Post by westinghouse60 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:29 pm

They emailed me this morning...at 4:22 AM. Cool.

Leave me alone.
This is why I don't even bother telling schools not to contact me.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:32 pm

westinghouse60 wrote:They emailed me this morning...at 4:22 AM. Cool.

Leave me alone.
So you don't have to deal with OMG I HAD TO OPEN THIS EMAIL AND LOOK AT IT MY LIFE SUCKS

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:27 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
westinghouse60 wrote:They emailed me this morning...at 4:22 AM. Cool.

Leave me alone.
So you don't have to deal with OMG I HAD TO OPEN THIS EMAIL AND LOOK AT IT MY LIFE SUCKS
It's obnoxious that a supposedly legitimate educational institution will ignore your "no further contact" request and continue to email you. Reeks of desperation, which I imagine is the general scent at Rutgers-Camden law school.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

PaulKriske

Bronze

Post by PaulKriske » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:30 pm

Leave me alone.
you should relish this.

once you actually get the jd, you'll be pining for this kind of attention.

HarlandBassett

Bronze

Post by HarlandBassett » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:56 pm

is Slutgers the only LS testing the waters with the GMAT criteria?

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:50 pm

Bildungsroman wrote: It's obnoxious that a supposedly legitimate educational institution will ignore your "no further contact" request and continue to email you. Reeks of desperation, which I imagine is the general scent at Rutgers-Camden law school.
Certainly a reasonable thing to "completely throw a shit fit" about.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:18 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote: It's obnoxious that a supposedly legitimate educational institution will ignore your "no further contact" request and continue to email you. Reeks of desperation, which I imagine is the general scent at Rutgers-Camden law school.
Certainly a reasonable thing to "completely throw a shit fit" about.
Yeah, you're right, the real issue here is a TLS user's hyperbolic phrase choice. Poor Rutgers.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:16 am

Yep.
Last edited by 20130312 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Verity

Silver

Post by Verity » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:31 am

I know someone who recently threw a party to celebrate getting a full ride to RU-C.

This whole law thing sucks.

Eichörnchen

Silver

Post by Eichörnchen » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:27 am

This thread is tl;dr but I was glad to see I wasn't the only person who thought this was weird. I'm traveling and got a call from my dad that I had gotten a full ride from Rutgers Camden in my mail. I was a little confused seeing as I had never heard of it, but hey, at least we have backup. :wink:

DaRascal

Gold

Post by DaRascal » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:39 am

Dude just go to Rutgers-Camden. It's one of the best law schools in New Jersey and they clearly want you.
If the T14's don't want you then screw 'em, go where you'll be loved and the professors will recognize what a special matriculant you are.

Dance with the girl that brung you.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”