Rutgers just admitted me without my applying Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Skump

New

Re: Rutgers just admitted me without my applying

Post by Skump » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:23 pm

HarlandBassett wrote:is Slutgers the only LS testing the waters with the GMAT criteria?
It's not as though Rutgers is meaningfully selective, or like most Rutgers grads will end up with meaningful legal jobs, so the validity of the test they use is kind of moot, right?

Anyway, lsat, schmelsat. I suggest they just dispense with all this puffery and go directly to a test that measures the only truly crucial attribute for Rutgers admission: heart beats per minute.

Or are they allowing dead people to take out federal loans now?

Verity

Silver

Post by Verity » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:30 pm

DaRascal wrote:Dude just go to run from Rutgers-Camden. It's one of the best worst law schools in New Jersey the world and they clearly want you are desperate as hell.
If the T14's don't want you then screw 'em cry me a river, go but don't go where you'll be loved barely noticed and the professors will recognize not give a shit about what a special matriculant snowflake you are.

Dance with Run from the girl whore that brung fucked you.
DaRascal is a fucking fuckhead if I've ever seen one.

HarlandBassett

Bronze

Post by HarlandBassett » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:58 pm

Skump wrote:
HarlandBassett wrote:is Slutgers the only LS testing the waters with the GMAT criteria?
It's not as though Rutgers is meaningfully selective, or like most Rutgers grads will end up with meaningful legal jobs, so the validity of the test they use is kind of moot, right?
true dat.

but still wondering what other POS TTT is using GMAT as a marketing tactic

sunynp

Gold

Post by sunynp » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:36 pm

DaRascal wrote:Dude just go to Rutgers-Camden. It's one of the best law schools in New Jersey and they clearly want you.
If the T14's don't want you then screw 'em, go where you'll be loved and the professors will recognize what a special matriculant you are.

Dance with the girl that brung you.
How can you say this when the debt level people will undertake for this school will likely leave them indebted for the next 25 years of their life and not lead them to employment?

People are pointing out that this school has lied about being a "best buy" school. People have shown how desperate they are just to get bodies in their seats.

How can you in good conscience say that people should go there?

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:50 pm

sunynp wrote:
DaRascal wrote:Dude just go to Rutgers-Camden. It's one of the best law schools in New Jersey and they clearly want you.
If the T14's don't want you then screw 'em, go where you'll be loved and the professors will recognize what a special matriculant you are.

How can you say this when the debt level people will undertake for this school will likely leave them indebted for the next 25 years of their life and not lead them to employment?

People are pointing out that this school has lied about being a "best buy" school. People have shown how desperate they are just to get bodies in their seats.

Because people in the South Jersey region SHOULD take them up on the free ride. Even if it's lost after the first year, the maximum amount of debt you could take on would be something in the realm of $60k (which is still a bargain for someone with connections in the area).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

HarlandBassett

Bronze

Post by HarlandBassett » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:27 pm

sunynp wrote:

u just got trolled

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:30 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
sunynp wrote:

Because people in the South Jersey region SHOULD take them up on the free ride. Even if it's lost after the first year, the maximum amount of debt you could take on would be something in the realm of $60k (which is still a bargain for someone with connections in the area).
Son, I am disappoint. (LinkRemoved)

NCGuy

Gold

Post by NCGuy » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:39 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:
sunynp wrote:

Son, I am disappoint. (LinkRemoved)
Well, he did say that it's a bargain for someone with connections.
Last edited by NCGuy on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

mr.hands

Silver

Post by mr.hands » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:50 am

Yeah I take issue w the word "bargain". It's an "option" if you have ties. Let's go with that

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DaRascal

Gold

Post by DaRascal » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:27 pm

sunynp wrote:

Not everything in life is about job prospects.
Rutgers-Camden is welcoming him in with open arms to become part of their community. They want him to be a member of their family.
All the higher ranked schools that might reject him or WL him are the ones that don't really want him. If one of those schools let him in he'd be seen as either the red-headed stepchild of the law school community at that school or he'd be a desperation/break-up effect admit after someone who was initially more attractive chose to sleep with that first school and then attend a different school.

Follow your heart, OP! <3

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:31 pm

DaRascal wrote: Follow your heart, OP! <3
You're the worst.

TLSwag

Bronze

Post by TLSwag » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:25 pm

Verity wrote:
DaRascal wrote:Dude just go to run from Rutgers-Camden. It's one of the best worst law schools in New Jersey the world and they clearly want you are desperate as hell.
If the T14's don't want you then screw 'em cry me a river, go but don't go where you'll be loved barely noticed and the professors will recognize not give a shit about what a special matriculant snowflake you are.

Dance with Run from the girl whore that brung fucked you.
DaRascal is a fucking fuckhead if I've ever seen one.
hahahahaha unreal post. 180

Honey_Badger

Bronze

Post by Honey_Badger » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:02 pm

DaRascal wrote: Noteverything in life is about job prospects.
Quite possibly the two dumbest things I've ever read on this site (and that's saying a lot...)
STFU.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

timbs4339

Gold

Post by timbs4339 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:19 am

DaRascal wrote:
sunynp wrote:

Not everything in life is about job prospects.
Rutgers-Camden is welcoming him in with open arms to become part of their community. They want him to be a member of their family.
All the higher ranked schools that might reject him or WL him are the ones that don't really want him. If one of those schools let him in he'd be seen as either the red-headed stepchild of the law school community at that school or he'd be a desperation/break-up effect admit after someone who was initially more attractive chose to sleep with that first school and then attend a different school.

It costs 120K to become a member of the RUC "family?" Sign me up!

htown#1

New

Post by htown#1 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:58 pm

I just got accepted to Rutgers Law as well with a full ride. I'm staying in Texas, but getting that offer was super flattering.

sort of sad they're that desperate right now.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:04 pm

htown#1 wrote:I just got accepted to Rutgers Law as well with a full ride. I'm staying in Texas, but getting that offer was super flattering.

sort of sad they're that desperate right now.
Try bluffing against UHLC/SMU/B for a little more cash, if thats where you are headed.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”