Mailing your own LOR

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Adam Banks
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:35 pm

Mailing your own LOR

Postby Adam Banks » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:25 pm

This might be a stupid question, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Can I pick up my LORs from my profs. and mail them myself to save them the trouble? Or does it have to come from the school's mailing address?

User avatar
aekea
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Re: Mailing your own LOR

Postby aekea » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:39 pm

Abisping wrote:This might be a stupid question, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Can I pick up my LORs from my profs. and mail them myself to save them the trouble? Or does it have to come from the school's mailing address?

It shouldn't matter where the letters are mailed from. But, you might be putting your professors in an awkward position by asking for their letters.

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Mailing your own LOR

Postby Mal Reynolds » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:42 pm

Don't do this.

TMC116
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: Mailing your own LOR

Postby TMC116 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:50 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:Don't do this.

User avatar
aekea
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Re: Mailing your own LOR

Postby aekea » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:51 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:Don't do this.

Yeah, this is what I should have said.

User avatar
cutecarmel
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: Mailing your own LOR

Postby cutecarmel » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:49 pm

If you want to help, give them an addressed stamped envelope, but let them mail it.

bp shinners
Posts: 3091
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:05 pm

Re: Mailing your own LOR

Postby bp shinners » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:53 pm

cutecarmel wrote:If you want to help, give them an addressed stamped envelope, but let them mail it.


Even if you don't want to help, do this anyway. It's what's expected of you.

User avatar
JDizzle2015
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: Mailing your own LOR

Postby JDizzle2015 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:19 pm

Check with TAs to see if they think you should provide self-addressed envelopes.

After buying envelopes and stamps, my profs told me to keep them because they only use school envelopes for official letters/documents. (Since I don't mail anything, I think those envelopes are still in my box of college goodies that I didn't toss.)




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 3 guests