C&F Question, late disclosure

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Screwed

Yes
25%
No
33%
You're paranoid because of TLS, no
42%

Total votes: 12

chem

C&F Question, late disclosure

Postby chem » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:34 pm

Last edited by chem on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TLSwag

Re: C&F Question, late disclosure

Postby TLSwag » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:37 pm

chem wrote:Hey everyone!

Having a minor freak out that my admission will be rescinded. All relevant details below

Ms. Richard,

I hope you are having a good summer! The reason for this email is that I believe I may have inadvertently failed to keep you notified of an informal warning I had received last Spring. The reason it was not disclosed earlier is because I incorrectly assumed that an informal warning fell outside of the duty of continued disclosure. However, I have recently applied to take the patent bar, and they had a character and fitness section as well. To make sure I did not forget any disclosure for that application, I read through my old law school applications and I saw the provision for informal warnings. I promptly emailed the the Dean of the University of Tulsa for any related files, and that if there were no files, a statement to that effect.

The details of the informal warning for plagiarism are as follows

As part of a group project, the group prepared a lab procedure based on a procedure provided by the teacher, with instructions to make a procedure based on the provided procedure, but not to copy it. One of the group members, who was not identified, inadvertantly used some of the language in the given procedure. The group as whole was warned by the Dean and the portion of the lab in question was given a 0. This was done because even though only one person plagiarized, the fact that we turned it in as a group constituted a statement that we had reviewed the lab report. No further action was taken.
From this experience, I learned to not put my name on any document that I had not reviewed personally.

The Dean is out of the office until after the 4th of July, but I just wanted to bring this to your attention as soon as possible, and to see if I needed to get anything else than what I asked the Dean and what is provided here.

I am very excited to attend in the Fall. I hope that the accidental lateness of this disclosure can be forgiven.

Sincerely,

Me

Thoughts?

i voted for screwed, but because ull be attending tulsa ... ull prob be fine with the disclosure incident though... shit maybe if ur lucky they'll rescind and save u 3 years + a boatload of debt

Nova

Postby Nova » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:45 pm

TLSwag wrote:i voted for screwed, but because ull be attending tulsa ... ull prob be fine with the disclosure incident though... shit maybe if ur lucky they'll rescind and save u 3 years + a boatload of debt

Luckily, Tulsa is their UG. They are attending UVA.

Youll be fine, OP.

TLSwag

Postby TLSwag » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:47 pm

Nova wrote:
TLSwag wrote:i voted for screwed, but because ull be attending tulsa ... ull prob be fine with the disclosure incident though... shit maybe if ur lucky they'll rescind and save u 3 years + a boatload of debt

Luckily, Tulsa is their UG. They are attending UVA.

Youll be fine, OP.

RC FAIL!!!!!!!! congrats OP haha woopsy

DocHawkeye

Postby DocHawkeye » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:47 pm

Edit: Scooped.

TLSwag

Postby TLSwag » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:48 pm

DocHawkeye wrote:Edit: Scooped.

ya man i fucked up royally, read over the post in a second... reading comp fail. that was my B

sunynp

Postby sunynp » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:50 pm

You all got an informal warning from a group project? That sucks. It sounds very minor. I hope it isn't a problem.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:38 am

"The reason for this email is that I believe I may have inadvertently failed tokeep you notified notify you of an informal warning I had received last Spring."

Change that - it sounds like you're trying to weasel your way out of it a bit. The sentence after lets me know why you didn't disclose just fine.

Also, in your explanation, you use the word procedure way too much. It doesn't really matter, as they won't rescind your offer based on that, but I had to bring it up.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”