Slightly Obsessed?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Re: Slightly Obsessed?

Postby JohnV » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:59 am

Harvard, Stanford. I doubt I have much chance at these schools. I have very little in the way of extracurriculurs (did a few observable/long lasting things for a club I was involved in but mainly worked through college and am not much of a joiner) and my LORs are going to be pretty weak if I can even manage to get them (big school, never been very social especially not with professors). However, I have a decent gpa (3.79) and we'll just have to wait and see how I do on the LSAT.

But I figure if I aim super high maybe I'll land somewhere in the T14 and I'll be happy.

Postby jared6180 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:05 pm

T14 schools as a rule are required to be prettier than all the rest, it's a huge part of the USNWR ranking system.

Postby North » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:29 pm

jared6180 wrote:T14 schools as a rule are required to be prettier than all the rest, it's a huge part of the USNWR ranking system.
UVA must have a lot of chairs in its library.

Postby 005618502 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:39 pm

KevinP wrote:
FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:Law school admissions is like dating. You fantasize about law schools - several in particular - and make the subject of law school admissions your daily bread. But after the chase is won, the allure dissipates faster than a one night stand.

I dreamed about getting into Cornell for the longest time (only t14 I thought I could get into). Eventually ended up at Columbia (did better on the LSAT than I expected). Was really, really excited for the first few weeks after CLS accepted me, but now I feel kind of indifferent.

SO glad this is not me. When I applied to UVA I was seriously losing sleep hoping to get in. When I did I was on top of the world. After like a week, the excitement went away. Then the constant contemplation of retaking for $$ started. lol, that didnt happen though

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”