If you have ADHD or left handed do you get an *

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jared6180

If you have ADHD or left handed do you get an *

Postby jared6180 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:31 pm

If a student is diagnosed and treated for ADHD, will they get the * next to their LSAT score even if they did not seek accommodation from LSAC? I thought I read that the * only appears when you get an extended time for the test or some other accommodation.

Also is there an * for being left handed? I am left handed but not seeking an accommodation.

Thanks

bostonlawchick

Re: If you have ADHD or left handed do you get an *

Postby bostonlawchick » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:34 pm

jared6180 wrote:If a student is diagnosed and treated for ADHD, will they get the * next to their LSAT score even if they did not seek accommodation from LSAC? I thought I read that the * only appears when you get an extended time for the test or some other accommodation.

Also is there an * for being left handed? I am left handed but not seeking an accommodation.

Thanks

... if you don't seek accommodation, how are they going to know you have ADHD or are left handed? Are the proctors going to take note of all of the left handed and twitchy students?

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:41 pm

They ask about being left-handed in case you take the test in a room that has some left-handed desks, so they can try to seat you in one. It doesn't show up in any way with your score.

Also, no * unless you seek (and are granted, which is rare) accomodations for your ADHD or whatever.

jared6180

Postby jared6180 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:44 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
Also, no * unless you seek (and are granted, which is rare) accomodations for your ADHD or whatever.

This is what i thought, but I read on a blog post not long ago the opposite. Figured I would come here to clear it up.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”