"People who go to law school don't get a job"

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
R86

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby R86 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:54 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
flem wrote:I have a sneaking suspicion that if you're not someone's alt that you're some trust-fund kid with rich parents and you regurgitate talking points and financial information you have only a vague, tangential understand of.

Not trust-fund. Let's just say blessed.

Blessed with tons of houses she can sell, with a hit, but at a gain.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:54 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
flem wrote:
Samara wrote:If BearsGrl is not an alt/troll, my mind will explode.

A quick forum search in the Acceptance/Denials forum would show you it's either someone who's really fucking dedicated to trolling/alt'ing or she's legit.

Too legit to quit.

If you want to call me a trust fund kid, that's ok. I don't have a trust fund, but ok.

Anyone who says lean on mommy/daddy for interest payments while in school might as well be a trust fund kid to me. My sister and I have to help pay my dad's mortgage.

Samara

Postby Samara » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:54 pm

R86 wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
flem wrote:I have a sneaking suspicion that if you're not someone's alt that you're some trust-fund kid with rich parents and you regurgitate talking points and financial information you have only a vague, tangential understand of.

Just like how McCain was a normal guy eight houses.

BearsGrl

Postby BearsGrl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:55 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:

White privilege

Haters are gonna hate.

As far as real estate, you invest when property is low when you know you can gain back money. Either you sell it at its highest profit or you take a hit. But you can take a hit and still make money on it. It depends on where you bought the land. That's why some markets now are doing fine. Not many, but if you live and choose stable cities, your investment would be wise. Not sure why this is a confusing concept.

RedBirds2011

Postby RedBirds2011 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:55 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
flem wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:I have no clue why you are confused.

I'm waiting on you to explain why it's somehow easier to liquidate real estate in a tanked housing market than it is to cash out a 401K or something.

Also I have no idea what you were saying with your reply but I have a feeling it's applicable to precisely nothing we're talking about.

I never said that you would right now. Hence, why you take out loans now. You hold onto property for various reasons. One could be financial, another could be indecision about what to do with it, another could be because you want to build on it later on. I don't see why this is an issue of contention.

One should never liquidate their 401K. Period.

There are people that will have outside funding coming in, yet need loans now. That's the point.

Bearsgrl, I actually think I know what you're trying to say. It's just that you are TERRIBLE at saying it.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:55 pm

BearsGrl, you've been outed. Pics to prove you're real.

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:56 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:BearsGrl, you've been outed. Pics to prove you're real.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:56 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:

White privilege

Haters are gonna hate.

As far as real estate, you invest when property is low when you know you can gain back money. Either you sell it at its highest profit or you take a hit. But you can take a hit and still make money on it. It depends on where you bought the land. That's why some markets now are doing fine. Not many, but if you live and choose stable cities, your investment would be wise. Not sure why this is a confusing concept.

Because if you made money on the sale then it wasn't a loss

BearsGrl

Postby BearsGrl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:57 pm

R86 wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:

Not a ton. It's a mix of investment and my parents could sell one and I'd still be able to sell stuff if something unfortunate happened to them. We've already discussed this. If you want to call that trust-fund, so be it. I just call it smart planning.

RedBirds2011

Postby RedBirds2011 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:57 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
flem wrote:
Samara wrote:If BearsGrl is not an alt/troll, my mind will explode.

A quick forum search in the Acceptance/Denials forum would show you it's either someone who's really fucking dedicated to trolling/alt'ing or she's legit.

I wouldn't put it past one of the legacy posters to do this. TLS probably gets really boring after a few years.

Ha ha ha seriously. What if awhile from now we find out it turns out to be waterman or something.

Edit: scooped numerous times
Last edited by RedBirds2011 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:58 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
R86 wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:

Not a ton. It's a mix of investment and my parents could sell one and I'd still be able to sell stuff if something unfortunate happened to them. We've already discussed this. If you want to call that trust-fund, so be it. I just call it smart planning.

YOU DIDN'T PLAN SHIT

BearsGrl

Postby BearsGrl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:58 pm

Samara wrote:
R86 wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:

Just like how McCain was a normal guy eight houses.

Let's talk about Kerry and his yacht that he didn't even station in his home-state, shall we?

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:59 pm

BearsGrl wrote:Let's talk about Kerry and his yacht that he didn't even station in his home-state, shall we?

Kerry = Romney, so careful where you tread.

Samara

Postby Samara » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:59 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:Not a ton. It's a mix of investment and my parents could sell one and I'd still be able to sell stuff if something unfortunate happened to them. We've already discussed this. If you want to call that trust-fund, so be it. I just call it smart planning.

YOU DIDN'T PLAN SHIT

:lol: You're becoming one of my favorite new posters, sunny.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:00 pm

Samara wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:Not a ton. It's a mix of investment and my parents could sell one and I'd still be able to sell stuff if something unfortunate happened to them. We've already discussed this. If you want to call that trust-fund, so be it. I just call it smart planning.

YOU DIDN'T PLAN SHIT

Coming from you, that actually means a lot :D

BearsGrl

Postby BearsGrl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:00 pm

RedBirds2011 wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
flem wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:I have no clue why you are confused.

I'm waiting on you to explain why it's somehow easier to liquidate real estate in a tanked housing market than it is to cash out a 401K or something.

Also I have no idea what you were saying with your reply but I have a feeling it's applicable to precisely nothing we're talking about.

I never said that you would right now. Hence, why you take out loans now. You hold onto property for various reasons. One could be financial, another could be indecision about what to do with it, another could be because you want to build on it later on. I don't see why this is an issue of contention.

One should never liquidate their 401K. Period.

There are people that will have outside funding coming in, yet need loans now. That's the point.

Bearsgrl, I actually think I know what you're trying to say. It's just that you are TERRIBLE at saying it.

I'm not trying to be technical. I'm also trying to not get too specific so the loose language is going to make it more difficult to understand. So I generally don't disagree with you on this statement, but frankly, not enough in me to care. :D

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:01 pm

flem wrote:Knowledge of the Midwest and California? Pitch perfect trolling? EXPRESSLY TROLLING ME ON IN N OUT?

iseewhaturdoinchup

I'd feel sorry for OP if the original post weren't absolutely ridiculous

Ruxin1

Postby Ruxin1 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:01 pm

flem wrote:Knowledge of the Midwest and California? Pitch perfect trolling? EXPRESSLY TROLLING ME ON IN N OUT?

iseewhaturdoinchup

I'm still skeptical that someone that intelligent could bastardize the English language as much as "BearsGrl" alt does :shock:

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:02 pm

BearsGrl wrote:I'm not trying to be technical. I'm also trying to not get too specific so the loose language is going to make it more difficult to understand. So I generally don't disagree with you on this statement, but frankly, not enough in me to care. :D

My favorite part about BearsGrl trolling is she expects perfect grammar and flawless logic from her counterparts, but has no qualms with being completely incoherent and obtuse.

Samara

Postby Samara » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:02 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Samara wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

YOU DIDN'T PLAN SHIT

Coming from you, that actually means a lot :D

:mrgreen:

BearsGrl

Postby BearsGrl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:03 pm

iseewhaturdoinchup

I did UG in the Midwest and grad. school on the West Coast. I "studied abroad" in Australia.

In N Out just isn't that good. It's fine, but not as great as the CA peeps (and now TX) make it to be. That's all.

spleenworship

Postby spleenworship » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:04 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
spleenworship wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:Why wouldn't you pay interest when it starts?

Because it starts while you are in school....

Yes, but if you know you're going to law school, you should have monies saved or you should ask parents to pony up the interest costs. This is a given.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

1) A significant number of us don't have parents who help out for a variety of reasons.

2) The money you saved should go to school expenses, decreasing your principle taken out, not the interest on the loans you take out for school expenses.

3) I'm pretty sure I don't go to law school with you, which makes me glad given your willful special snowflake blindness.

Ruxin1

Postby Ruxin1 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:05 pm

BearsGrl wrote:

iseewhaturdoinchup

I did UG in the Midwest and grad. school on the West Coast. I "studied abroad" in Australia.

In N Out just isn't that good. It's fine, but not as great as the CA peeps (and now TX) make it to be. That's all.

BearsGrl, where should i go to law school?
Last edited by Ruxin1 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:06 pm

Ruxin1 wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:

iseewhaturdoinchup

You said you did UG at Univ. of Miami, shit is not adding up chup/bearsgril

No, she just toured the campus, but thought it was beautiful, but didn't like Miami because it was dirty has too many brown people

BearsGrl

Postby BearsGrl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:06 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Because if you made money on the sale then it wasn't a loss

In business, a loss is a loss. A gain can still include a loss. If you only earn 30,000 but could've made 40,000, that's still its own type of loss. Of course, it's still a gain.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”