"People who go to law school don't get a job"

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby BearsGrl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:30 am

Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
I meant the city.


It's also an awesome city


You've got jokes.


Really? What city is better than Chicago? Other than the weather, it's the perfect city.


Out of the major markets, I prefer it the most. But I still think driving and housing in Chicago is atrocious. The plus: It's fairly affordable living downtown. But if you don't want to live downtown, you're screwed.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby BearsGrl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:31 am

RedBirds2011 wrote:Whats your favorite city bearsgrl


Sydney. :D

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby Ludo! » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:32 am

Oh, to clarify I meant U.S. cities. But I haven't seen anything wrong with the housing so far and I agree that the driving sucks but you don't need a car to live here which is why I like it better than L.A.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby BearsGrl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:41 am

Ludovico Technique wrote:Oh, to clarify I meant U.S. cities. But I haven't seen anything wrong with the housing so far and I agree that the driving sucks but you don't need a car to live here which is why I like it better than L.A.


Houses in Chicago that go for a bunch of money look like they should be about $100,000. Let's just say that.

In terms of liveable downtowns, it's better than the others. But in terms of actually raising a family/having a home with a yard, you'd need to drive out to Gurnee or something to get something decent. You may define decent in different terms too.

San Diego is probably one of my favorite cities. But I also liked Fort Lauderdale. I prefer beachy to downtown living. Tampa was decent too. Tampa had decent condos. Indy's pretty cool for a Midwest city.

Chicago is just not worth the daily bus/driving headache and condo living can only last for so long. At least with LA, you can buy a decent-looking house. Both have too high COL for me though.

User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby paratactical » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:29 am

BearsGrl wrote:Yankee fans only live in Manhattan.

That's not true at all.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:32 am

paratactical wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:Yankee fans only live in Manhattan.

That's not true at all.


She was getting all spastic because I pointed out that she asked if anything was good about Chicago and I pointed out that she was a Bears fan. I guess she doesn't realize that the Bears are something to like about Chicago, even if you don't live there.

User avatar
laxbrah420
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby laxbrah420 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:32 am

There's 9 pages here --has anybody brought up how annoying stupid laypeople are?

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:33 am

laxbrah420 wrote:There's 9 pages here --has anybody brought up how annoying stupid laypeople are?


I hate when they talk to me. It's like, have the even READ a bk post?!

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby Ludo! » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:36 am

laxbrah420 wrote:There's 9 pages here --has anybody brought up how annoying stupid laypeople are?


Yes most of the nine pages were about making fun of one specific stupid layperson

User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby paratactical » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:53 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
paratactical wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:Yankee fans only live in Manhattan.

That's not true at all.


She was getting all spastic because I pointed out that she asked if anything was good about Chicago and I pointed out that she was a Bears fan. I guess she doesn't realize that the Bears are something to like about Chicago, even if you don't live there.

Okay. So she either a) thinks NYC = Manhattan or b) thinks Yankee Stadium is in Manhattan.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:54 am

paratactical wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
paratactical wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:Yankee fans only live in Manhattan.

That's not true at all.


She was getting all spastic because I pointed out that she asked if anything was good about Chicago and I pointed out that she was a Bears fan. I guess she doesn't realize that the Bears are something to like about Chicago, even if you don't live there.

Okay. So she either a) thinks NYC = Manhattan or b) thinks Yankee Stadium is in Manhattan.


All of her critiques of cities consisted of "the rent is too damn hi" and "I hates traffic," so I think it's a safe assumption that both a and b are true.

Also, she said she wouldn't go to Stanford or Boalt because traffic in LA sucks

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby BearsGrl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:19 am

paratactical wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:Yankee fans only live in Manhattan.

That's not true at all.


Which was my point. It's called sarcasm. :D

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby BearsGrl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:21 am

paratactical wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
paratactical wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:Yankee fans only live in Manhattan.

That's not true at all.


She was getting all spastic because I pointed out that she asked if anything was good about Chicago and I pointed out that she was a Bears fan. I guess she doesn't realize that the Bears are something to like about Chicago, even if you don't live there.

Okay. So she either a) thinks NYC = Manhattan or b) thinks Yankee Stadium is in Manhattan.


No and no.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby BearsGrl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:24 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
All of her critiques of cities consisted of "the rent is too damn hi" and "I hates traffic," so I think it's a safe assumption that both a and b are true.

Also, she said she wouldn't go to Stanford or Boalt because traffic in LA sucks


CA rent as a whole is high. Unless you live so far from a normal city, that it's just not even worth it. So yes, the rent and driving in LA are high. How that has anything to do with Stanford and Boalt which aren't by LA, I have no clue, but whatevs. I would have no desire to relocate to the political craziness that is Northern CA. My sanity wouldn't handle it. Plus, why would I want to live in Northern when Southern offers a better lifestyle and climate?

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:25 am

BearsGrl wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
All of her critiques of cities consisted of "the rent is too damn hi" and "I hates traffic," so I think it's a safe assumption that both a and b are true.

Also, she said she wouldn't go to Stanford or Boalt because traffic in LA sucks


CA rent as a whole is high. Unless you live so far from a normal city, that it's just not even worth it. So yes, the rent and driving in LA are high. How that has anything to do with Stanford and Boalt which aren't by LA, I have no clue, but whatevs. I would have no desire to relocate to the political craziness that is Northern CA. My sanity wouldn't handle it. Plus, why would I want to live in Northern when Southern offers a better lifestyle and climate?

so where did you decide to attend?

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby Nova » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:27 am

MrPapagiorgio wrote:Almost everybody I know who isn't well-versed about the current state of the legal profession is like "wow you're in law school you're going to be a gazillionaire all lawyers are rich derp derp derp."


I dont mind this at all, and actually consider it a perk. Impressing lay undergrad girls is one of my favorite things to do. :mrgreen:

Little do they know, Im going to be 100k in debt, and cry at night while clinging on to my Liberal Arts degree.

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:28 am

Nova wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:Almost everybody I know who isn't well-versed about the current state of the legal profession is like "wow you're in law school you're going to be a gazillionaire all lawyers are rich derp derp derp."


I dont mind this at all, and actually consider it a perk. Impressing lay undergrad girls is one of my favorite things to do. :mrgreen:

Little do they know, Im going to be 100k in debt, and cry at night while clinging on to my Liberal Arts degree.

exactly.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby BearsGrl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:28 am

Mr. Pancakes wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
All of her critiques of cities consisted of "the rent is too damn hi" and "I hates traffic," so I think it's a safe assumption that both a and b are true.

Also, she said she wouldn't go to Stanford or Boalt because traffic in LA sucks


CA rent as a whole is high. Unless you live so far from a normal city, that it's just not even worth it. So yes, the rent and driving in LA are high. How that has anything to do with Stanford and Boalt which aren't by LA, I have no clue, but whatevs. I would have no desire to relocate to the political craziness that is Northern CA. My sanity wouldn't handle it. Plus, why would I want to live in Northern when Southern offers a better lifestyle and climate?

so where did you decide to attend?


My libertarian side won't disclose that.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:29 am

BearsGrl wrote:
Mr. Pancakes wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
All of her critiques of cities consisted of "the rent is too damn hi" and "I hates traffic," so I think it's a safe assumption that both a and b are true.

Also, she said she wouldn't go to Stanford or Boalt because traffic in LA sucks


CA rent as a whole is high. Unless you live so far from a normal city, that it's just not even worth it. So yes, the rent and driving in LA are high. How that has anything to do with Stanford and Boalt which aren't by LA, I have no clue, but whatevs. I would have no desire to relocate to the political craziness that is Northern CA. My sanity wouldn't handle it. Plus, why would I want to live in Northern when Southern offers a better lifestyle and climate?

so where did you decide to attend?


My libertarian side won't disclose that.

All my libertarian friends love to humblebrag

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby BearsGrl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:30 am

Nova wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:Almost everybody I know who isn't well-versed about the current state of the legal profession is like "wow you're in law school you're going to be a gazillionaire all lawyers are rich derp derp derp."


I dont mind this at all, and actually consider it a perk. Impressing lay undergrad girls is one of my favorite things to do. :mrgreen:

Little do they know, Im going to be 100k in debt, and cry at night while clinging on to my Liberal Arts degree.


There is so much wrong in this statement. It's why I'm not surprised that TLS hasn't made it as a bigger forum. Frankly, it's responses like that, that will keep it from becoming more than what it already is.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:30 am

BearsGrl wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
All of her critiques of cities consisted of "the rent is too damn hi" and "I hates traffic," so I think it's a safe assumption that both a and b are true.

Also, she said she wouldn't go to Stanford or Boalt because traffic in LA sucks


CA rent as a whole is high. Unless you live so far from a normal city, that it's just not even worth it. So yes, the rent and driving in LA are high. How that has anything to do with Stanford and Boalt which aren't by LA, I have no clue, but whatevs. I would have no desire to relocate to the political craziness that is Northern CA. My sanity wouldn't handle it. Plus, why would I want to live in Northern when Southern offers a better lifestyle and climate?


tl;dr LA sucks, it's not worth it. Why would I live in NorCal when LA is so much better?

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby BearsGrl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:31 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
All my libertarian friends love to humblebrag


I'll assume that you've decided to talk to stupid lay people then. Glad to know that your Thursday is looking better than your Wednesday.

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:31 am

BearsGrl wrote:
Nova wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:Almost everybody I know who isn't well-versed about the current state of the legal profession is like "wow you're in law school you're going to be a gazillionaire all lawyers are rich derp derp derp."


I dont mind this at all, and actually consider it a perk. Impressing lay undergrad girls is one of my favorite things to do. :mrgreen:

Little do they know, Im going to be 100k in debt, and cry at night while clinging on to my Liberal Arts degree.


There is so much wrong in this statement. It's why I'm not surprised that TLS hasn't made it as a bigger forum. Frankly, it's responses like that, that will keep it from becoming more than what it already is.

what do you think would cause allow TLS to reach a pinnacle?
Last edited by Mr. Pancakes on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:31 am

BearsGrl wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
All my libertarian friends love to humblebrag


I'll assume that you've decided to talk to stupid lay people then. Glad to know that your Thursday is looking better than your Wednesday.


:lol: So far, I've met one person who's been to Guantánamo

Also, FSP 4 life!

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby BearsGrl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:32 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
All of her critiques of cities consisted of "the rent is too damn hi" and "I hates traffic," so I think it's a safe assumption that both a and b are true.

Also, she said she wouldn't go to Stanford or Boalt because traffic in LA sucks


CA rent as a whole is high. Unless you live so far from a normal city, that it's just not even worth it. So yes, the rent and driving in LA are high. How that has anything to do with Stanford and Boalt which aren't by LA, I have no clue, but whatevs. I would have no desire to relocate to the political craziness that is Northern CA. My sanity wouldn't handle it. Plus, why would I want to live in Northern when Southern offers a better lifestyle and climate?


tl;dr LA sucks, it's not worth it. Why would I live in NorCal when LA is so much better?


I'd beg to say that CA isn't really that special anyways. The sand isn't fun, the beaches aren't as pretty, the goods cost more, etc.. It's just a a personal preference, but hey, if you like high costs and high debt, by all means move/stay in CA. Props to you.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dstars823, MisterT and 7 guests