"People who go to law school don't get a job"

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby Ludo! » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:12 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:When I worked in the legal world, it wasn't full of cussing.

lolwut


If the cussing was done outside of work, I wouldn't know about it. At lunch or in the office, no cussing was involved. I worked for multiple attorneys, in multiple departments, but primarily litigation where I would assume you would hear more cussing. Didn't happen. They were professionals. Maybe that's not the norm, who knows.


You went to lunch with attorneys?

User avatar
MrPapagiorgio
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:13 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:When I worked in the legal world, it wasn't full of cussing.

lolwut


If the cussing was done outside of work, I wouldn't know about it. At lunch or in the office, no cussing was involved. I worked for multiple attorneys, in multiple departments, but primarily litigation where I would assume you would hear more cussing. Didn't happen. They were professionals. Maybe that's not the norm, who knows.


You went to lunch with attorneys?

Not to defend her, but it's not that uncommon, if that's what your inferring. Especially for interns.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:14 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:Not to defend her, but it's not that uncommon, if that's what your inferring. Especially for interns.


ASSUMPTION!

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby BearsGrl » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:15 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
Mr. Pancakes wrote:
Ruxin1 wrote:ITT: Bearsgrl thinks she'll do great on the LSAT if she points out every assumption!

Cuz you do that on the test, get it?

I'm pretty sure Bearsgrl is already in at Stanford. shittin' I am not.


I wouldn't be that surprised - there are idiots at every law school.

Hopefully being there for 3 years will help her learn California geography


Because as an idiot, one knows that you don't type numbers below 10 with a numerical expression? This is fun!

And nope, I decided against CA schools because of their atrocious economy and high rent prices! I wouldn't want to do the commute to LA if you paid me.

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby Ludo! » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:15 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
I was neither, but ok.

Never claimed to be an expert. Now can you stop talking to me?


Secretary, escort, whatever the hell you were you weren't a lawyer. And you claim all the time to know how the legal world works (like when you said law firms don't have their own cafeterias) when really you only know how it worked at one firm

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:16 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
Mr. Pancakes wrote:
Ruxin1 wrote:ITT: Bearsgrl thinks she'll do great on the LSAT if she points out every assumption!

Cuz you do that on the test, get it?

I'm pretty sure Bearsgrl is already in at Stanford. shittin' I am not.


I wouldn't be that surprised - there are idiots at every law school.

Hopefully being there for 3 years will help her learn California geography


Because as an idiot, one knows that you don't type numbers below 10 with a numerical expression? This is fun!

And nope, I decided against CA schools because of their atrocious economy and high rent prices! I wouldn't want to do the commute to LA if you paid me.


SURPRISE, INTERNET BOARDS DON'T REQUIRE THE SAME INTELLECTUAL AND EDITORIAL RIGOR AS YOUR 10TH GRADE ENGLISH CLASS!

Also, commuting to LA from Stanford?

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby Ludo! » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:16 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:Not to defend her, but it's not that uncommon, if that's what your inferring. Especially for interns.


That one was genuine question actually. Wasn't implying anything

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby Ludo! » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:17 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
Mr. Pancakes wrote:
Ruxin1 wrote:ITT: Bearsgrl thinks she'll do great on the LSAT if she points out every assumption!

Cuz you do that on the test, get it?

I'm pretty sure Bearsgrl is already in at Stanford. shittin' I am not.


I wouldn't be that surprised - there are idiots at every law school.

Hopefully being there for 3 years will help her learn California geography


Because as an idiot, one knows that you don't type numbers below 10 with a numerical expression? This is fun!

And nope, I decided against CA schools because of their atrocious economy and high rent prices! I wouldn't want to do the commute to LA if you paid me.


I must have missed the chapter in Strunk&White that told me how to type numbers on a messageboard

User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby paratactical » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:19 pm

Hey BearsGrl, in what context have you worked with attorneys or how do you know them or whatever? Just wondering!

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby BearsGrl » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:19 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:When I worked in the legal world, it wasn't full of cussing.

lolwut


If the cussing was done outside of work, I wouldn't know about it. At lunch or in the office, no cussing was involved. I worked for multiple attorneys, in multiple departments, but primarily litigation where I would assume you would hear more cussing. Didn't happen. They were professionals. Maybe that's not the norm, who knows.


You went to lunch with attorneys?


There was a general public cafe open to professionals at large and attorneys ate there, if they went "outside" to eat. I didn't care where the attorneys ate. I cared that I did a nice, professional job for them. I was re-offered the position at the end of my stint and came back to work during the holiday season. So yes, it's common to see attorneys all over. And no, they didn't cuss when at lunch. And the attorneys that I met in other departments didn't cuss when you were in their presence. They seemed like pretty normal, even-keeled individuals. Perhaps you only know folks that cuss. My experience didn't fit your story. Doesn't mean your story false. It just makes it your story to tell.

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby Mal Reynolds » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:19 pm

I went and SWAT-ed Bearsgrl and looked through her poasts. I really don't know if I could take her going to Stanford. Maybe if I get in I would be more accepting but not on the WL. She was denied at Tulane so I doubt she is "turning down" California. Apparently though, LA is a state.


BearsGrl wrote:Happy to have a decision either way, plus Tulane is ridiculously expensive. Not sure if it would've been worth that investment right now, given that I didn't see myself in the state of LA long-term.

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:19 pm

the piling on of bearsgrl has run its course. later, brehs.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby BearsGrl » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:20 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
I was neither, but ok.

Never claimed to be an expert. Now can you stop talking to me?


Secretary, escort, whatever the hell you were you weren't a lawyer. And you claim all the time to know how the legal world works (like when you said law firms don't have their own cafeterias) when really you only know how it worked at one firm


Never claimed I knew any different. If your firm has a cafeteria, awesome. Not sure what your beef is, but whatever entertains you.

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby Ludo! » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:22 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:the piling on of bearsgrl has run its course. later, brehs.


Are you seriously white knighting BearsGrl?

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby BearsGrl » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:23 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Also, commuting to LA from Stanford?


No, just a general statement about CA driving in general. It's just not pretty to me. Too much desert, not enough green. And like I said, rent is atrocious. Along with other charges/fees/normal costs of living.

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:24 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
Mr. Pancakes wrote:the piling on of bearsgrl has run its course. later, brehs.


Are you seriously white knighting BearsGrl?

this bores, brother. I'm going to get chicks to pwhore in the waiting thread.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:25 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
Mr. Pancakes wrote:the piling on of bearsgrl has run its course. later, brehs.


Are you seriously white knighting BearsGrl?

this bores, brother. I'm going to get chicks to pwhore in the waiting thread.


Speaking of, BearsGrl, you're more than welcome Hurry!

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:26 pm

Bearsgrl, come to the waiting thread please! :D

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby Ludo! » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:26 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
There was a general public cafe open to professionals at large and attorneys ate there, if they went "outside" to eat. I didn't care where the attorneys ate. I cared that I did a nice, professional job for them. I was re-offered the position at the end of my stint and came back to work during the holiday season. So yes, it's common to see attorneys all over. And no, they didn't cuss when at lunch. And the attorneys that I met in other departments didn't cuss when you were in their presence. They seemed like pretty normal, even-keeled individuals. Perhaps you only know folks that cuss. My experience didn't fit your story. Doesn't mean your story false. It just makes it your story to tell.


Hmmm. Maybe attorneys are more conservative when in the public cafe or something, I don't know. But outside the office every attorney I've interacted with at the 2 firms I've worked at, and attorneys from every other firm I've ever encountered, have cussed like normal people.
Last edited by Ludo! on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:29 pm

I can never tell if BearsGrl is trolling Ludo or if Ludo is trolling BearsGrl...

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby BearsGrl » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:29 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
There was a general public cafe open to professionals at large and attorneys ate there, if they went "outside" to eat. I didn't care where the attorneys ate. I cared that I did a nice, professional job for them. I was re-offered the position at the end of my stint and came back to work during the holiday season. So yes, it's common to see attorneys all over. And no, they didn't cuss when at lunch. And the attorneys that I met in other departments didn't cuss when you were in their presence. They seemed like pretty normal, even-keeled individuals. Perhaps you only know folks that cuss. My experience didn't fit your story. Doesn't mean your story false. It just makes it your story to tell.


Hmmm. Maybe attorneys open up more conservative when in the public cafe or something, I don't know. But outside the office every attorney I've interacted with at the 2 firms I've worked at, and attorneys from every other firm I've ever encountered, have cussed like normal people.


I guess you just know more normal people that cuss. I try not to hang out with cussing people. I find that they are full of massive drama. Not my thing, but to each his or her own.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby BearsGrl » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:30 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:I can never tell if BearsGrl is trolling Ludo or if Ludo is trolling BearsGrl...


Thanks for caring.

Sincerely,
Wednesday Night

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:31 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:I can never tell if BearsGrl is trolling Ludo or if Ludo is trolling BearsGrl...


Thanks for caring.

Sincerely,
Wednesday Night

:lol: what in the

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby Ludo! » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:33 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
There was a general public cafe open to professionals at large and attorneys ate there, if they went "outside" to eat. I didn't care where the attorneys ate. I cared that I did a nice, professional job for them. I was re-offered the position at the end of my stint and came back to work during the holiday season. So yes, it's common to see attorneys all over. And no, they didn't cuss when at lunch. And the attorneys that I met in other departments didn't cuss when you were in their presence. They seemed like pretty normal, even-keeled individuals. Perhaps you only know folks that cuss. My experience didn't fit your story. Doesn't mean your story false. It just makes it your story to tell.


Hmmm. Maybe attorneys open up more conservative when in the public cafe or something, I don't know. But outside the office every attorney I've interacted with at the 2 firms I've worked at, and attorneys from every other firm I've ever encountered, have cussed like normal people.


I guess you just know more normal people that cuss. I try not to hang out with cussing people. I find that they are full of massive drama. Not my thing, but to each his or her own.


Everybody cusses. I don't know how you could even have friends if you don't hang out with "cussing people." Are you super religious or something?

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:34 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
There was a general public cafe open to professionals at large and attorneys ate there, if they went "outside" to eat. I didn't care where the attorneys ate. I cared that I did a nice, professional job for them. I was re-offered the position at the end of my stint and came back to work during the holiday season. So yes, it's common to see attorneys all over. And no, they didn't cuss when at lunch. And the attorneys that I met in other departments didn't cuss when you were in their presence. They seemed like pretty normal, even-keeled individuals. Perhaps you only know folks that cuss. My experience didn't fit your story. Doesn't mean your story false. It just makes it your story to tell.


Hmmm. Maybe attorneys open up more conservative when in the public cafe or something, I don't know. But outside the office every attorney I've interacted with at the 2 firms I've worked at, and attorneys from every other firm I've ever encountered, have cussed like normal people.


I guess you just know more normal people that cuss. I try not to hang out with cussing people. I find that they are full of massive drama. Not my thing, but to each his or her own.


Everybody cusses. I don't know how you could even have friends if you don't hang out with "cussing people." Are you super religious or something?

ASSUMPTION: BearsGrl has friends




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, smieclux, theothercat, tx1990, Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests