"People who go to law school don't get a job" Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Ludo!

Gold

Re: "People who go to law school don't get a job"

Post by Ludo! » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:34 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:I can never tell if BearsGrl is trolling Ludo or if Ludo is trolling BearsGrl...
Oh I'm pretty sure I'm getting trolled. But it's entertaining and if it's a flame it's the best one I've ever seen.

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:36 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
There was a general public cafe open to professionals at large and attorneys ate there, if they went "outside" to eat. I didn't care where the attorneys ate. I cared that I did a nice, professional job for them. I was re-offered the position at the end of my stint and came back to work during the holiday season. So yes, it's common to see attorneys all over. And no, they didn't cuss when at lunch. And the attorneys that I met in other departments didn't cuss when you were in their presence. They seemed like pretty normal, even-keeled individuals. Perhaps you only know folks that cuss. My experience didn't fit your story. Doesn't mean your story false. It just makes it your story to tell.
Hmmm. Maybe attorneys open up more conservative when in the public cafe or something, I don't know. But outside the office every attorney I've interacted with at the 2 firms I've worked at, and attorneys from every other firm I've ever encountered, have cussed like normal people.
I guess you just know more normal people that cuss. I try not to hang out with cussing people. I find that they are full of massive drama. Not my thing, but to each his or her own.
Everybody cusses. I don't know how you could even have friends if you don't hang out with "cussing people." Are you super religious or something?
I don't avoid people that cuss, but I just don't tend to be around them much. It seems to work out great in terms of having friends that are drama-free, which leads to a happy me. I prefer life that way. I went to a private grade school, but a public high school and then six years of higher ed. so obviously I had my own moments, but I've just never heard of a cussing attorney. Apparently, you say it exists. I've yet to see its existence. I'm sure it's out there. I just don't see how it's productive.

It's better to rage on a treadmill.

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:40 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Everybody cusses. I don't know how you could even have friends if you don't hang out with "cussing people." Are you super religious or something?
ASSUMPTION: BearsGrl has friends
Wrong assumption. Lud assumes that I have no friends. He also then goes on to asked a biased question. How super-religious has anything to do with cussing is beyond me, but apparently religious people don't cuss. News to me.

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:43 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Wrong assumption. Lud assumes that I have no friends. He also then goes on to asked a biased question. How super-religious has anything to do with cussing is beyond me, but apparently religious people don't cuss. News to me.
So you're dubious about attorneys cussing but you're pretty sure religious people cuss?

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:44 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
So you're dubious about attorneys cussing but you're pretty sure religious people cuss?
Nope. Not sure where you read that.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:46 pm

katesearches wrote:when people hear that I'm applying for admissions to law school, they all start talking about supposed unemployment statistics that say most people who go to law school end up without a job.

Does anyone just get tired of people telling them about this?

A lot of this talk usually comes from people who have considered going to law school, but have decided to either work or go for a PhD. I just think that with ANY career path, you risk not being able to get a job (right away)...
THIS IS AN ON TOPIC THREAD!

Just appreciate their advice and go off of your own research.

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:48 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
From what you wrote bro.

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:50 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
I don't avoid people that cuss, but I just don't tend to be around them much. It seems to work out great in terms of having friends that are drama-free, which leads to a happy me. I prefer life that way. I went to a private grade school, but a public high school and then six years of higher ed. so obviously I had my own moments, but I've just never heard of a cussing attorney. Apparently, you say it exists. I've yet to see its existence. I'm sure it's out there. I just don't see how it's productive.

What the fuck does cussing have to do with rage?

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:51 pm

BearsGrl wrote:

Does BearsGrl like Sara Bareilles?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:52 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
From what you wrote bro.
Then RC fail.

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:54 pm

BearsGrl wrote:

Pretty please, can we go to not typing to each other? Let's start........NOW.

suzige

Bronze

Post by suzige » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:58 pm

wow this thread changed fast.

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:05 am

Hey guys, I found this the other day, and I don't think it's worth its own thread, so I'll put it here, because it's lulzy and bearsgrl is lulzy (weak connection, I know)

This lady lawyer went to "Ivy League Smith College" wtf is that? How could someone from NYU Law and Cravath put that sort of inaccurate pandering sillyness on their website?

http://macellarolaw.com/home/index.php? ... &Itemid=26

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:06 am

kwais wrote:Hey guys, I found this the other day, and I don't think it's worth its own thread, so I'll put it here, because it's lulzy and bearsgrl is lulzy (weak connection, I know)

This lady lawyer went to "Ivy League Smith College" wtf is that? How could someone from NYU Law and Cravath put that sort of inaccurate pandering sillyness on their website?

Website wrote:Theresa J. Macellaro, Esq. is a litigator and trial attorney who received her B.A. degree from Ivy League Smith College and her J.D. from New York University School of Law, a top five law school.
Blatant anti-Chicago trolling.

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:11 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
kwais wrote:Hey guys, I found this the other day, and I don't think it's worth its own thread, so I'll put it here, because it's lulzy and bearsgrl is lulzy (weak connection, I know)

Website wrote:Theresa J. Macellaro, Esq. is a litigator and trial attorney who received her B.A. degree from Ivy League Smith College and her J.D. from New York University School of Law, a top five law school.
Is there a reason to be pro-Chicago?

RedBirds2011

Silver

Post by RedBirds2011 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:13 am

BearsGrl wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

Uhhh, it's a good law school?

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:14 am

RedBirds2011 wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

Uhhh, it's a good law school?
I meant the city.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:15 am

BearsGrl wrote:

I meant the city.
It's also an awesome city

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:17 am

BearsGrl wrote:
I meant the city.
You've got jokes.

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:18 am

BearsGrl wrote: Is there a reason to be pro-Chicago?
BearsGrl wrote: I meant the city.
Says BEARSgrl

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:20 am

BearsGrl wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
I meant the city.
You've got jokes.
Really? What city is better than Chicago? Other than the weather, it's the perfect city.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:21 am

BearsGrl wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
I meant the city.
You've got jokes.
Really? What city is better than Chicago? Other than the weather, it's the perfect city.
Dude, you're getting megatrolled

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:27 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
BearsGrl wrote: Is there a reason to be pro-Chicago?
BearsGrl wrote: I meant the city.
Says BEARSgrl
Yankee fans only live in Manhattan.

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:28 am

BearsGrl wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
I meant the city.
You've got jokes.
Except for driving and actual housing in Chicago/Chicago proper.

RedBirds2011

Silver

Post by RedBirds2011 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:29 am

Whats your favorite city bearsgrl

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”