Law school forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lawschoolboundfuture

Law school forum

Postby lawschoolboundfuture » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:11 pm

Whose gone to the Washington dc law forum in the past. Is it worthwhile? What do you learn? What sessions are best? How do people dress? And any other relevant info

NewYorkL

Re: Law school forum

Postby NewYorkL » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:40 pm

apollo2015

Re: Law school forum

Postby apollo2015 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:42 pm

People at the Oakland one last year dressed business casually. I only noticed one guy with a suit.

The info sessions are a waste of time.

Its worth going to the law school fair part of it and asking the representatives there qualitative questions about their schools. The best questions to ask are things that would be relevant to you, but not to most other students. That way they don't have a "stock answer" to give you, so you are likely to get an honest response. Also, because it would only be relevant to you, you probably wouldn't be able to easily get that information from their website. Through doing this, I was able to screen out a lot of schools I was considering, and narrow down the list of schools to which I was planning to apply to a much smaller number.

I found it neat to see what aspects of each schools the admissions representatives try to play up. Its also interesting to see which schools attract less interest than you might expect.

If you don't live close to a law school forum, don't go out of your way to attend one. If you can get to one easily, go for it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”