Rescind offer? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cleareyesfullheart

New

Rescind offer?

Post by cleareyesfullheart » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:49 pm

I am a Senior in college who will be attending a top 3 law school in the fall, and will get my final college grades next week. This school year, since I sent in my original transcript with my application, I have taken 10 classes, and will likely receive an A or A- in all of them, save one. In this particular class, an intro class to a different major that I am just taking to get a credit, I will most likely be getting a C+. Before this I had a 3.9< GPA and had never received a grade worse than an A-, but I believe this will put it at around 3.87. Is there any chance my offer of admission could be rescinded because of this?

dixon02

Bronze

Re: Rescind offer?

Post by dixon02 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:01 pm

No. Now go crack open a beer.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:03 pm

No. My understanding is that the law school will report your LSDAS GPA, not your graduating GPA. You should be fine.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:07 pm

cleareyesfullheart wrote:I am a Senior in college who will be attending a top 3 law school in the fall, and will get my final college grades next week. This school year, since I sent in my original transcript with my application, I have taken 10 classes, and will likely receive an A or A- in all of them, save one. In this particular class, an intro class to a different major that I am just taking to get a credit, I will most likely be getting a C+. Before this I had a 3.9< GPA and had never received a grade worse than an A-, but I believe this will put it at around 3.87. Is there any chance my offer of admission could be rescinded because of this?
How did you manage to screw up an intro class that bad?? lol

They will not rescind your offer.

cleareyesfullheart

New

Post by cleareyesfullheart » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:28 pm

Ha awesome thanks, I surprisingly did not slack off too much in the class, it just ended up being insanely hard (tests very difficult, participation grade calculated so harshly that it actually brought down a lot of people's grades despite perfect attendance and some degree of participation in every class). I have multiple friends in the class who will receive their worst grade of college in this class.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:36 pm

Intro to Condensed Matter Physics?
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

1Lguy23

New

Post by 1Lguy23 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:21 pm

I got a bad grade in grad school last spring and considered dropping the class in order to avoid worrying about rescinding. I even posted a similar to post to what you are posting.

Needless to say they will only rescind your offer is you get some kind of felony charge or bomb a class, we're talking F's and maybe D's.

I ended up with an A in that class myself and I feel silly for being so worried about it looking back.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”