Very old LSAT score

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tehwetbandit

Very old LSAT score

Postby tehwetbandit » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:10 pm

I will be applying in the fall. I have a 177 but the score is from Sept 2007. Does anyone know how much if at all this penalizes my chances? I took it in my senior year of undergrad, then took a couple years off before finishing my last semester, then worked for a few years. I've never applied to law schools before. Thanks!

ben4847

Re: Very old LSAT score

Postby ben4847 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:12 pm

tehwetbandit wrote:I will be applying in the fall. I have a 177 but the score is from Sept 2007. Does anyone know how much if at all this penalizes my chances? I took it in my senior year of undergrad, then took a couple years off before finishing my last semester, then worked for a few years. I've never applied to law schools before. Thanks!

If it is still valid, it should be ok. I think it is valid for 5 years, but I don't think I know how to count them.

turkeysub

Postby turkeysub » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:13 pm

Your Score Report and Test Disclosure
The score report that is mailed or e-mailed to you will show your current test results, along with the results of all tests—up to 12—for which you registered since June 1, 2007, including absences and cancellations. An average score is also calculated and reported when you have more than one reportable score. Scores earned prior to June 2007 are not considered current for law school reporting and are not available for printing from an online account. However, you may contact LSAC to request older score reports

http://www.lsac.org/JD/LSAT/LSAT-score.asp

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:03 am

The Sept 07 has got to be the easiest lsat ever released. I fucking loved that thing. Just sharing because you mentioned it, not trying to belittle your achievement lol. Hope it counts for you!

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:50 am

turkeysub wrote:Your Score Report and Test Disclosure
The score report that is mailed or e-mailed to you will show your current test results, along with the results of all tests—up to 12—for which you registered since June 1, 2007, including absences and cancellations. An average score is also calculated and reported when you have more than one reportable score. Scores earned prior to June 2007 are not considered current for law school reporting and are not available for printing from an online account. However, you may contact LSAC to request older score reports

http://www.lsac.org/JD/LSAT/LSAT-score.asp

While valid for five years, some schools will ask you to retake the LSAT for a more recent score. You might want to consider registering for the October exam just to make sure that you have your bases covered.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”