LOR Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lilhugsy24

New

LOR Question

Post by lilhugsy24 » Thu May 31, 2012 4:28 am

So maybe I'm just a little tired as it is pretty late and I've had a long day but I have quick/dumb question about adding a LOR on LSAC. When I go to add a LOR it tells me to enter in my recommender's name and address and everything. I don't know the address where my professor lives, so do I go to them to fill this out for me? The problem I'm having is that when I read stuff about adding a LOR, people seem to just say to print this form out after filling it out and they don't mention anything about having their recommender's info. Did they just find this info out earlier and I'm dumb for thinking that I'm doing something wrong here...or am I just completely retarded and doing everything wrong. :(

And is the evaluation important or should I tell my professors to only do the LOR for me instead of both LOR and Eval?

TYIA for the help guys/ladies. Headed to bed now... :D

BearState

Bronze

Re: LOR Question

Post by BearState » Thu May 31, 2012 9:26 am

You input your professor's address, the print the form out and give it to the professor. Your professor sends the letter with the form to LSAC.

The evaluation is pretty much useless, so don't feel bad for skipping it.

thederangedwang

Silver

Post by thederangedwang » Thu May 31, 2012 9:31 am

All prof's have an office mailing address...thats the address you are supposed to use

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Thu May 31, 2012 11:16 am

thederangedwang wrote:All prof's have an office mailing address...thats the address you are supposed to use
This.

If you don't know it, look it up in the online the campus directory. If that fails, put the address of the University (usually the prof's address is the university address followed by an office number or mail stop anyway... in the end it won't matter since LSAC will email the prof to tell them their letter arrived).
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

lilhugsy24

New

Post by lilhugsy24 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:10 pm

Ooooohhhh that makes sense. Thanks a lot for the help.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”