Re-registering for CRS Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
zdamico

Bronze

Re-registering for CRS

Post by zdamico » Tue May 29, 2012 7:23 pm

I got an e-mail from Mich Law. It gave the usual spiel about my seeing my profile on LSAC. I just finished my junior year and am applying 2012-13.

The e-mail stated that if I was going to apply in during the 2012-2013 year (which I am), they would love to offer me a fee waiver, but I will have to re-register with CRS later in the summer? What does this mean? As far as I can tell, there is no way to re-register. Will my current info be taken down when the cycle is over under the assumption that I applied this year (I took the LSAT in October), and I'll have to register again?

Thanks

AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Re: Re-registering for CRS

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Tue May 29, 2012 7:27 pm

I believe you have to change your 'Expected Law School Enrollment Year' to 2013.

lovejopd

Silver

Post by lovejopd » Tue May 29, 2012 8:16 pm

AntipodeanPhil wrote:I believe you have to change your 'Expected Law School Enrollment Year' to 2013.
Thx, I did

zdamico

Bronze

Post by zdamico » Tue May 29, 2012 8:21 pm

It was already set to 2013

NewYorkL

Bronze

Post by NewYorkL » Tue May 29, 2012 8:55 pm

I also have a question regarding CRS. It says we can choose up to a maximum 15 states where we would prefer to receive information from. It only allows me to choose only one? Is this how it is and does it matter?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PotatoMonkey

New

Post by PotatoMonkey » Tue May 29, 2012 8:58 pm

NewYorkL wrote:I also have a question regarding CRS. It says we can choose up to a maximum 15 states where we would prefer to receive information from. It only allows me to choose only one? Is this how it is and does it matter?
Try holding "CTRL" while clicking on states you're interested in. If you accidentally click one you didn't mean to, clicking again will de-select it.

AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Tue May 29, 2012 9:06 pm

zdamico wrote:It was already set to 2013
They probably just sent the email to everyone within a certain LSAC + GPA range who isn't listed by LSAC as having deposited at a law school already. There are plenty of people who register planning to apply in one year, and then actually apply a year or two later, and so do need to change that number.

LSAC doesn't delete your CRS information (or, at least, they didn't last year).

NewYorkL

Bronze

Post by NewYorkL » Tue May 29, 2012 9:11 pm

PotatoMonkey wrote:
NewYorkL wrote:I also have a question regarding CRS. It says we can choose up to a maximum 15 states where we would prefer to receive information from. It only allows me to choose only one? Is this how it is and does it matter?
Try holding "CTRL" while clicking on states you're interested in. If you accidentally click one you didn't mean to, clicking again will de-select it.

Perfect. Thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”