ADVICE ON LAW SCHOOL ADMISSION

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sramkissoon91

ADVICE ON LAW SCHOOL ADMISSION

Postby sramkissoon91 » Mon May 28, 2012 9:12 pm

I'm currently enrolled in school online at Southern New Hampshire University being that I'm stationed overseas in Japan. I'll probably continue to remain there until my undergrad is finished. Is that going to effect my law school application, being that it's not a BIG school and is online? Just wondering if I'm hurting myself. I have a 3.8 as of now and majoring in accounting. My dream schools are Georgetown or NYU and I'd like to know if I'm not being realistic?

Nova

Re: ADVICE ON LAW SCHOOL ADMISSION

Postby Nova » Mon May 28, 2012 9:18 pm

As long as it is accredited (and it appears to be), you are fine, bro.

When it comes to admissions, It really comes down to numbers. You are being realistic. Destroy the LSAT to leave no doubt that you are a qualified applicant.
Last edited by Nova on Mon May 28, 2012 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon May 28, 2012 9:19 pm

Your LSAT score will have a much greater affect on your chances of admission to these law schools than will your undergraduate institution.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon May 28, 2012 10:00 pm

Besides, I really don't think a school is looking down on a guy for getting his degree online while stationed overseas for the military. That would be ridiculous.

top30man

Postby top30man » Mon May 28, 2012 10:04 pm

Nova wrote:As long as it is accredited (and it appears to be), you are fine, bro.

When it comes to admissions, It really comes down to numbers. You are being realistic. Destroy the LSAT to leave no doubt that you are a qualified applicant.

I agree. I know multiple people who went to school online because of the military and performed at or above their numbers. It will not hurt you.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”