Brooklyn Law Waitlist follow up email Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
GD123

New

Brooklyn Law Waitlist follow up email

Post by GD123 » Thu May 24, 2012 2:38 pm

I just received this email from Brooklyn Law, after being waitlisted about a month ago;

We believe that we may soon have openings in our full-time program for this fall. In anticipation, we are reaching out now to a number of candidates on our Waiting List to determine whether or not there is still interest in enrolling at Brooklyn Law School as a full-time student.
In considering the possibility of enrollment here, we want you to know that need-based financial aid remains available. Housing is still possible (even though we are past the May 1 deadline for Guaranteed Housing). Merit Scholarship awards, on the other hand, are not available at this time.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please respond “I’M INTERESTED”; we will then re-submit your candidacy to the Committee on Admissions for review.
If you are no longer interested in enrolling here at all, please respond “WITHDRAW MY APPLICATION”.
Best wishes to you .

My friend recently got this same email and was admitted only a few days later. She told me she heard that this email essentially is a guarantee of admission if you respond that you're still interested. Anybody know how true this is???

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”