Lack of T6 WL movement Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BigRedMachine

New

Lack of T6 WL movement

Post by BigRedMachine » Thu May 24, 2012 2:33 pm

Any theories as to why YHSCCN haven't really pulled from their WLs yet? Bucks recent trends and seems strange given drop in top LSAT scorers.

Hypotheses, predictions, and wild conjectures welcome.

Liquox

Bronze

Re: Lack of T6 WL movement

Post by Liquox » Thu May 24, 2012 2:41 pm

Theory: Yale started the problem by not admitting as many as they should have and now have a problem of who they want from the wait list. This the drives Harvard crazy because it doesn't want to give its high end students to Yale. That then transfers down to SCCN, who are all being stolen from and must now decide if they want to give money to these kids to keep them or get new kids from their wl...

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Thu May 24, 2012 3:42 pm

Liquox wrote:Theory: Yale started the problem by not admitting as many as they should have and now have a problem of who they want from the wait list. This the drives Harvard crazy because it doesn't want to give its high end students to Yale. That then transfers down to SCCN, who are all being stolen from and must now decide if they want to give money to these kids to keep them or get new kids from their wl...
-Stanford is not on the same level as CCN. Also why do you think Yale didn't admit as many as the did in the past.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Thu May 24, 2012 4:25 pm

CCN have all already started to use their WLs. Only HYS haven't yet.

So the real question is why HYS haven't used their WL. For this, I don't know. Perhaps they're all more worried about WL yield than they were in years past.

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Thu May 24, 2012 4:32 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:CCN have all already started to use their WLs. Only HYS haven't yet.

So the real question is why HYS haven't used their WL. For this, I don't know. Perhaps they're all more worried about WL yield than they were in years past.
But wouldn't fear of Wait List yield force them to have faster movement???/

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Liquox

Bronze

Post by Liquox » Thu May 24, 2012 5:02 pm

sharktankdean wrote:
Liquox wrote:Theory: Yale started the problem by not admitting as many as they should have and now have a problem of who they want from the wait list. This the drives Harvard crazy because it doesn't want to give its high end students to Yale. That then transfers down to SCCN, who are all being stolen from and must now decide if they want to give money to these kids to keep them or get new kids from their wl...
-Stanford is not on the same level as CCN. Also why do you think Yale didn't admit as many as the did in the past.
I'm listing S with CCN as "schools that aren't Y or H"

Yale is conservative about gpa and LSAT combo. Maybe there werent as many ppl who made the cut as before since LSAT scores are dropping overall

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Thu May 24, 2012 10:47 pm

Chicago and NYU have accepted many people off the WL, more than I can remember last year at least.

I don't pay attention to Columbia.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”