Other Certifications while Progressing towards law school

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tigyrgrl

Other Certifications while Progressing towards law school

Postby tigyrgrl » Mon May 21, 2012 2:57 pm

I have tested to be nationally and state certified as a paralegal while I am finishing up my UG. It improves my chances at pay raises and reduces the amount my firm or I have to pay for CLEs that the firm send me to. My question is will having the certifications on my admissions packet benefit me in any way?

dingbat

Re: Other Certifications while Progressing towards law school

Postby dingbat » Mon May 21, 2012 3:40 pm

tigyrgrl wrote:I have tested to be nationally and state certified as a paralegal while I am finishing up my UG. It improves my chances at pay raises and reduces the amount my firm or I have to pay for CLEs that the firm send me to. My question is will having the certifications on my admissions packet benefit me in any way?

How does it reduce the amount your firm will have to pay for CLE?

tigyrgrl

Re: Other Certifications while Progressing towards law school

Postby tigyrgrl » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:01 pm

The companies who offers some CLEs, offer discounts to maintain specific certifications. CPE (certified paralegal education) is a subsect of CLE offered, and there is frequently multiple prices. For new admits, maintaining certs, general, student, etc. Having the certification allows it to be in the maintaining category as opposed to general. Not every state or company has the same sliding scale of price.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”