LSAT October

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
stef11

LSAT October

Postby stef11 » Fri May 18, 2012 9:29 am

I'm planning on sending my application this fall, and want to write the LSAT in October - if I have my entire application ready to go by then (by working on it all summer, along with studying for the LSAT), will taking the LSAT then decrease my chances of a T14 school, if I would be sending it away the day I get my score?

Also, how much of an impact does it play that i'm finishing my undergrad in Canada if my goal is Columbia/Berkeley/NYU?

Br3v

Re: LSAT October

Postby Br3v » Fri May 18, 2012 9:55 am

stef11 wrote:I'm planning on sending my application this fall, and want to write the LSAT in October - if I have my entire application ready to go by then (by working on it all summer, along with studying for the LSAT), will taking the LSAT then decrease my chances of a T14 school, if I would be sending it away the day I get my score?

Also, how much of an impact does it play that i'm finishing my undergrad in Canada if my goal is Columbia/Berkeley/NYU?

Oct is fine, June is preferable IF you were ready, which you won't be so no sweat. Reason most ppl say June is because it does allow you to get apps out day 1 if you wanted, and if you bomb it you can retake oct. but taking oct still allows you to apply to the mid/later portion of some Early Decesions cycles if you chose that route.

TL;Dr Oct is fine, a lot of ppl take it

stef11

Postby stef11 » Fri May 18, 2012 10:22 am

Thanks, I feel like i'm making a huge decision at the moment of whether to change my scheduled June LSAT, but getting somewhere around a 175 requires more then the time I have remaining (even though i'm scoring close), so I really appreciate the input.

But what about as a Canadian undergrad and resident?

Nova

Postby Nova » Fri May 18, 2012 3:19 pm

Taking the October LSAT is perfectly on time. Being from Canada will have a negligible impact on your cycle....

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri May 18, 2012 3:21 pm

have your apps completely filled out, and send them based on the score you receive. Halloween is still considered early

cookiejar1

Postby cookiejar1 » Fri May 18, 2012 3:33 pm

I'll be going one and done in October too, steff.

stef11

Postby stef11 » Sun May 20, 2012 1:18 pm

Good to hear, nerves have settled and important decisions have been made lol.
Cookiejar1 - good luck in October

Map Cat

Postby Map Cat » Mon May 21, 2012 9:32 am

As a side note, there's an October study group forming over in the LSAT forum if you want to get in on some 175+ action.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”