Where Should I Apply?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
zdamico

Where Should I Apply?

Postby zdamico » Wed May 16, 2012 1:27 am

So I am having a lot of troubling narrowing down my list. I know in the long run, $100 bucks is nothing compared to how much a legal education is worth, but I don't have a lot of money, and I'm not sure how much of it to spend on Applications.

Right now my list consists of:

The entire T-14, UCLA, GW, and BU. I took the LSAT October of this past year (my junior year), and received unsolicited waivers from UVA, Northwestern, UCLA, Duke, and Georgetown. I know I need to narrow it down, but I'm having a tough time eliminating some of the lower schools in the Top 14 because I'm not sure where I would choose to attend depending on scholarship offers.

My GPA is 3.85 and my LSAT score is 176.

gaud

Re: Where Should I Apply?

Postby gaud » Wed May 16, 2012 1:29 am

I'd apply everywhere. Ask for fee waivers.

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Wed May 16, 2012 1:43 am

gaud wrote:I'd apply everywhere. Ask for fee waivers.

soj

Postby soj » Wed May 16, 2012 2:53 am

Don't apply to any non-T14 that doesn't give you a fee waiver. Don't bother applying anywhere you wouldn't attend over a CLS/NYU half ride because you're basically guaranteed one of them, with a decent chance at a CLS full ride. You're also virtually guaranteed H.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com
This will show you what kind of cycle you'll have.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed May 16, 2012 6:41 am

Why GWU & BU ? Especially without application fee waivers ?

With a 176/3.85, you should be confident in limiting your applications to the Top 14 law schools plus UCLA (since you were given a fee waiver). As posted above, you are likely to be admitted to Harvard Law School. You should receive substantial scholarship offers from T-14 law schools.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”