Last Semester Undergrad Grades?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
blsterp3

Last Semester Undergrad Grades?

Postby blsterp3 » Tue May 15, 2012 5:51 pm

I have already accepted (and paid tuition for) an early acceptance offer to Brooklyn Law School for the upcoming fall 2012 semester. I'm still finishing up my undergrad and will definitely graduate next week, but due to family issues (and general senior laziness), I may get C's in 2 of my classes. I've never gotten a C before... I applied with a 3.7 GPA. Can BLS kick me out when they see my final official transcript, or am I panicking over nothing?

chem

Re: Last Semester Undergrad Grades?

Postby chem » Tue May 15, 2012 5:53 pm

blsterp3 wrote:I have already accepted (and paid tuition for) an early acceptance offer to Brooklyn Law School for the upcoming fall 2012 semester. I'm still finishing up my undergrad and will definitely graduate next week, but due to family issues (and general senior laziness), I may get C's in 2 of my classes. I've never gotten a C before... I applied with a 3.7 GPA. Can BLS kick me out when they see my final official transcript, or am I panicking over nothing?

General consensus is that they CAN but they WON'T unless you have gotten truly egregious grades (failed a bunch of classes)

blsterp3

Postby blsterp3 » Tue May 15, 2012 5:58 pm

Will C's get me kicked out? Up until this semester, I've been an A/B student. I don't even know if I will for sure get a C.. I'm just very anxious about it and was hoping someone could calm my nerves by telling me that it won't matter. lol.

Also, I really did have a lot of family drama (death/major illness in immediate family). I was thinking that if it becomes a problem I could write an addendum like the ones people submit when they have to explain a bad semester when they initially apply... Is this an option?

holdencaulfield

Postby holdencaulfield » Tue May 15, 2012 6:08 pm

I had a terrible last semester. Never heard a peep from the school I had accepted a full ride from. The school I was waitlisted at didn't seem to mind considering they offered me a scholarship about a month after grades came out.

blsterp3

Postby blsterp3 » Tue May 15, 2012 6:11 pm

PHEW I feel a lot better

Jacky D.

Postby Jacky D. » Tue May 15, 2012 6:40 pm

No one really cares about your last semester grades. Do what you gotta do to keep your latin honors, though, because that stuff stays on your resume.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”