How to dispute a grade on LSDAS GPA?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rglifberg

How to dispute a grade on LSDAS GPA?

Postby rglifberg » Mon May 14, 2012 11:50 pm

So I took off a semester in college because I was sick and spoke with all of my teachers and they agreed to withdraw me from the classes. I never went back to that school so I never really double checked. Well apparently one of the teachers forgot to withdraw me and I ended up getting an F in her class. I just saw this on my LSAC summarization. How could I go about disputing this?

Edit: Also, I have dual enrollment classes that count towards my LSDAS GPA which are completely irrelevant and I never needed them at my university. Is there any way I could get those removed from my GPA as well?

twenty

Re: How to dispute a grade on LSDAS GPA?

Postby twenty » Tue May 15, 2012 12:19 am

The double enrollment classes will definitely count no matter what. You *might* be able to petition your school to have the F changed to a W, but this is honestly entirely the school's call, since it was kind of your responsibility to double check and follow up.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Tue May 15, 2012 1:13 pm

Yea, the double classes will count. Don't bother trying to get them switched off.

The other grade is completely a school issue, and LSAC will not change that unless you deal with the school. I would contact the Dean of Students office and see if they'll do anything for you. Since you were withdrawn from every other class for medical reasons, I would imagine that it's at least possible for that grade to be changed. Be polite, even if things aren't going your way, and see if you can get it changed. Then, send in an updated transcript. At that point, you can talk to LSAC about having your LSAC GPA changed.

rglifberg

Postby rglifberg » Tue May 15, 2012 2:38 pm

Thanks for the responses I'll definitely look into it. That sucks about the dual enrollment classes, I was in high school not even thinking about law school! I digress....

lovejopd

Postby lovejopd » Tue May 15, 2012 4:07 pm

rglifberg wrote:Thanks for the responses I'll definitely look into it. That sucks about the dual enrollment classes, I was in high school not even thinking about law school! I digress....

Yes, unless your school changed your grade on your transcript, LSAC will not change it. So talking to the Dean of your department/student or registrar is your best bet! And mark "updated" or "corrected" version of transcript on your LSAC transcript form! Hope you get a higher GPA as it was instructor's mistake not to withdraw you from a class...Always double-check~

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”