TLS: Abbreviations and Jargon

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
megaragirl
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:34 pm

Re: TLS: Abbreviations and Jargon

Postby megaragirl » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:29 am

What does it mean when users post "+1" on posts?

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: TLS: Abbreviations and Jargon

Postby PRgradBYU » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:49 am

megaragirl wrote:What does it mean when users post "+1" on posts?


Possibly derived from the +1 feature on Google+, it's a quick way to say, "I agree with this post."

Example

Post A:
OP, don't go to law school with a 14X / 3.0.

Post B:
Post A wrote:OP, don't go to law school with a 14X / 3.0.

+1

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4732
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: TLS: Abbreviations and Jargon

Postby xylocarp » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:44 pm

Forgive my ignorance, but what does "scooped" mean?

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: TLS: Abbreviations and Jargon

Postby Ludo! » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:28 pm

xylocarp wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but what does "scooped" mean?


Somebody beat you to what you were going to say.

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2058
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: TLS: Abbreviations and Jargon

Postby t-14orbust » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:42 am

I'd like to propose an addition:

Lavitzed (v): To under-perform one's numbers without a clear indication why

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1751
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: TLS: Abbreviations and Jargon

Postby Yukos » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:42 pm

t-14orbust wrote:I'd like to propose an addition:

Lavitzed (v): To under-perform one's numbers without a clear indication why


I know this is probably a tribute but it sounds kinda mean and I don't know if I'd like my name permanently associated with something like that.

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2058
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: TLS: Abbreviations and Jargon

Postby t-14orbust » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:50 pm

Yukos wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:I'd like to propose an addition:

Lavitzed (v): To under-perform one's numbers without a clear indication why


I know this is probably a tribute but it sounds kinda mean and I don't know if I'd like my name permanently associated with something like that.


You're probably right. Hopefully Lavitz rises to positions of prestige so that he can one day cement his name as a term that signifies laughter in the face of those that denied you.

User avatar
Robert Paulson
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: TLS: Abbreviations and Jargon

Postby Robert Paulson » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:35 pm

That does TSO mean?

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: TLS: Abbreviations and Jargon

Postby Ludo! » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:25 pm

Robert Paulson wrote:That does TSO mean?


Came from a poster named General Tso who was mad all the time, leading to the joke that he was "TSO mad". He legendarily melted down in this thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=148529&p=4171823#p4171823 where he wrote a letter to Bob Morse letting him know that TLS was violating USNWR copyrights, and that pretty much cemented TSO as a TLS meme

User avatar
Robert Paulson
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: TLS: Abbreviations and Jargon

Postby Robert Paulson » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:34 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
Robert Paulson wrote:That does TSO mean?


Came from a poster named General Tso who was mad all the time, leading to the joke that he was "TSO mad". He legendarily melted down in this thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=148529&p=4171823#p4171823 where he wrote a letter to Bob Morse letting him know that TLS was violating USNWR copyrights, and that pretty much cemented TSO as a TLS meme


Haha thank you. I wonder what ever happened to him.

ajr
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:50 pm

Re: TLS: Abbreviations and Jargon

Postby ajr » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:21 pm

'Retake' is TLS for 'Fuck off'
'Don't go to law school' is TLS for 'I need to see my therapist'.

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1751
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: TLS: Abbreviations and Jargon

Postby Yukos » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:28 pm

ajr wrote:'Retake' is TLS for 'Fuck off'
'Don't go to law school' is TLS for 'I need to see my therapist'.


Tso mad.

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4732
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: TLS: Abbreviations and Jargon

Postby xylocarp » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:46 pm

Robert Paulson wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
Robert Paulson wrote:That does TSO mean?


Came from a poster named General Tso who was mad all the time, leading to the joke that he was "TSO mad". He legendarily melted down in this thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=148529&p=4171823#p4171823 where he wrote a letter to Bob Morse letting him know that TLS was violating USNWR copyrights, and that pretty much cemented TSO as a TLS meme


Haha thank you. I wonder what ever happened to him.

I very much enjoyed that thread Ludovico Technique, thanks for posting. To answer the above question, looks like he got banned.

User avatar
MoMettaMonk
Posts: 513
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: TLS: Abbreviations and Jargon

Postby MoMettaMonk » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:56 pm

What does PW'd mean? I've never seen it used anywhere before. I believe the exact sentence was "I've PW'd a lot."

User avatar
ScottRiqui
Posts: 3640
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Re: TLS: Abbreviations and Jargon

Postby ScottRiqui » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:01 pm

MoMettaMonk wrote:What does PW'd mean? I've never seen it used anywhere before. I believe the exact sentence was "I've PW'd a lot."


PicWhore - To post pictures of yourself on TLS.

User avatar
JaviSTB
Posts: 1064
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:25 pm

Re: TLS: Abbreviations and Jargon

Postby JaviSTB » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:10 pm

ScottRiqui wrote:
MoMettaMonk wrote:What does PW'd mean? I've never seen it used anywhere before. I believe the exact sentence was "I've PW'd a lot."


PicWhore - To post pictures of yourself on TLS.


Why do I feel like this my sentence? lol

User avatar
SecondWind
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:06 pm

Re: TLS: Abbreviations and Jargon

Postby SecondWind » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:50 am

wrt = with respect to

User avatar
Tyr
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: TLS: Abbreviations and Jargon

Postby Tyr » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:46 pm

ScottRiqui wrote:PicWhore - To post pictures of yourself on TLS.


I thought that was the purpose Dudes with I-Phones. :D

Belinhda
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:46 am

Re: TLS: Abbreviations and Jargon

Postby Belinhda » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:52 am

As always with the lame stream medium, young populace, youths ET terrace. Income blacks. Present be of course nothing new about this. So as to the rest of America passively puts up with crap like this by rejection means ceases to amaze me.

Belinhda
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:46 am

Re: TLS: Abbreviations and Jargon

Postby Belinhda » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:57 am

As always with the lame stream medium, young populace, youths ET terrace. Income blacks. Present be of course nothing new about this. So as to the rest of America passively puts up with crap like this by rejection means ceases to amaze me.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: TLS: Abbreviations and Jargon

Postby Nova » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:57 am

Belinhda wrote:As always with the lame stream medium, young populace, youths ET terrace. Income blacks. Present be of course nothing new about this. So as to the rest of America passively puts up with crap like this by rejection means ceases to amaze me.

wut

TigerDude
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:42 pm

Re: TLS: Abbreviations and Jargon

Postby TigerDude » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:09 am

Belinhda wrote:As always with the lame stream medium, young populace, youths ET terrace. Income blacks. Present be of course nothing new about this. So as to the rest of America passively puts up with crap like this by rejection means ceases to amaze me.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: TLS: Abbreviations and Jargon

Postby JustHawkin » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:28 pm

Too lazy to search this thread, and not in the OP:

ETA?

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: TLS: Abbreviations and Jargon

Postby Ludo! » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:56 pm

JustHawkin wrote:Too lazy to search this thread, and not in the OP:

ETA?


edited to add

virago22
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:39 pm

Re: TLS: Abbreviations and Jargon

Postby virago22 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:41 am

What does it mean when someone just posts a period (.)?




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests