Which was worse...?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Which wait was worse?

LSAT score
Admissions decisions
Total votes: 65

Re: Which was worse...?

Postby SilverE2 » Fri May 11, 2012 6:25 pm

sequins wrote:Wow I'm actually surprised that people cared that much about the LSAT - I literally just walked into mine two years ago without preparing (besides looking over a paper the night before) and kinda forgot about it until they mailed me the results. But then I never really got how or why to prepare for these standardised tests - I mean given that they're just supposed to measure your aptitude for studying a certain subject and memorising vocab for a month doesn't automatically make you a better lawyer. In retrospect I could probably have practiced some faster techniques for the logic problems rather than just stare at them for a while, but I just don't see how you can reasonably bump up reading comprehension levels with a few weeks of studying. Memorising vocab just seemed horrendously inefficient to me. Decisions I hated waiting (and actually still waiting) for - mainly because it's just annoying not being able to get started on just looking for apartments and planning my life in general for the next few years.

You think people memorize vocabulary for the LSAT?

Definitely retake.

Re: Which was worse...?

Postby boredatwork » Fri May 11, 2012 6:29 pm

The LSAT was worse for me because
a. I didn't think I did well
b. my score is a reflection of my raw ability.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”