Fee Waiver Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
zdamico

Fee Waiver Question

Postby zdamico » Wed May 09, 2012 1:39 am

I apologize if this question has been asked and answered, but I've scoured the forums and couldn't find an answer. I didn't read all 100+ pages of the bigger, old thread on fee waivers, so perhaps it's in there.

I am just finishing my Junior year, and I took the LSAT this past October. Afterwards, I received some fee waivers to schools I want to apply to, but obviously for the 2011-2012 cycle, whereas I'm applying for the 2012-2013 cycle. I know fee waivers will be sent out around the time June scores come out. Will I get these waivers along with those who take the June LSAT, even though I took it in October?

I understand if I don't get some, I can just e-mail the schools politely requesting one if available. If that is the case, when is the proper time to do so? I wanted to get my apps in as soon as they become available, so I wouldn't really want to wait on fee waivers, but I don't want to ask too early.

Thanks.

kapachino

Re: Fee Waiver Question

Postby kapachino » Wed May 09, 2012 1:54 am

Contact the schools that sent you waivers, explain that you're applying this fall, and ask if they'll extend them or send them again when the 2012-13 cycle opens.

zdamico

Postby zdamico » Wed May 09, 2012 5:48 pm

kapachino wrote:Contact the schools that sent you waivers, explain that you're applying this fall, and ask if they'll extend them or send them again when the 2012-13 cycle opens.

Thanks! I'll do this later in the summer. Does anyone have any experience receiving waivers unsolicited after June/July when they took a previous LSAT that wasn't the June one?

cutecarmel

Postby cutecarmel » Wed May 30, 2012 5:07 pm

I requested fee waivers (via email) around the time I started filling out applications. I told them that I was interested in their school and programs, and gave them my GPA and LSAT. I think I only paid for 1 application, and that was because the school just didn't offer fee waivers.

I would wait until next semester start to ask for fee waivers because now since admissions are dealing with waitlists and whatnot, you might not be that much of a priority.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”