Transfer Credit Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mg1340

New

Transfer Credit

Post by mg1340 » Tue May 08, 2012 10:12 pm

Hello all,

I was signing up for a few summer classes, and was reading my University's guidelines for transfer credits. It says, "Grades and grade point averages are not recorded on the student's record, only credit hours." Will these grades I receive in the two courses be counted on the LSAC GPA? Thanks for helping!

Also, would it matter if the course was online through the school?
Last edited by mg1340 on Tue May 08, 2012 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FDRSnowball

New

Re: Transfer Credit

Post by FDRSnowball » Tue May 08, 2012 10:19 pm

mg1340 wrote:Hello all,

I was signing up for a few summer classes, and was reading my University's guidelines for transfer credits. It says, "Grades and grade point averages are not recorded on the student's record, only credit hours." Will these grades I receive in the two courses be counted on the LSAC GPA? Thanks for helping!
I would think yes. You will have to submit a transcript to LSAC from the school where you take the classes. Transfer credits won't affect your GPA at your undergrad school, but they will be taken into account when the LSAC calculates the GPA.

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Wed May 09, 2012 1:22 am

Depends on whether the school where you're taking the classes gives grades. My summer classes at a different University did not affect my GPA on my undergrad institution transcript, but they did affect my LSDAS GPA (helpfully, I might add).
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Wed May 09, 2012 12:26 pm

You have to submit transcripts from every school you attend after high school (or during high school, if you took college-level courses) and before you receive your first Bachelor's*. All of those grades will count towards your LSAC GPA, whether the school from which you graduate counted them or not.

*You have to submit other transcripts from after this period, but they won't count towards your GPA.

twenty

Gold

Post by twenty » Wed May 09, 2012 1:56 pm

Incoming hijack:

I'm also interested to know if transfer units count twice if your school DOES award/keep the letter grade. For example, if I had an A grade at Community College A, and transferred that grade to University X and University Y, would I have 3 units of A, 6 units of A, or 9 units of A as far as LSDAS is concerned?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”