Taking easy electives at community college in the summer?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
crazi4law

Taking easy electives at community college in the summer?

Postby crazi4law » Tue May 08, 2012 6:24 am

I plan on studying for the LSAT this summer and taking it in the fall. Assuming I do well, would taking easy elective courses at a community college next summer be a good strategy to boost my GPA? I'm currently at a 4-year university with a solid GPA but I feel that a few more easy A's can't hurt.

Ludo!

Re: Taking easy electives at community college in the summer?

Postby Ludo! » Tue May 08, 2012 7:50 am

As long as the classes are taken before you receive your degree, then yeah that's fine

dolfan0516

Postby dolfan0516 » Tue May 08, 2012 8:32 am

crazi4law wrote:I plan on studying for the LSAT this summer and taking it in the fall. Assuming I do well, would taking easy elective courses at a community college next summer be a good strategy to boost my GPA? I'm currently at a 4-year university with a solid GPA but I feel that a few more easy A's can't hurt.

Does your school not have a residency requirement? I know my undergrad required that your last 30 credits before you graduate be completed through the school.

jkpolk

Postby jkpolk » Tue May 08, 2012 9:05 am

crazi4law wrote:I plan on studying for the LSAT this summer and taking it in the fall. Assuming I do well, would taking easy elective courses at a community college next summer be a good strategy to boost my GPA? I'm currently at a 4-year university with a solid GPA but I feel that a few more easy A's can't hurt.

Any history, math, lab science not comp sci, or sociology should be free GPA points.

booboo

Postby booboo » Tue May 08, 2012 9:10 am

If you can, attend a CC that has A+ as a possible grade. That 4.33 will help correct any "issues" you have on your transcript.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”