LOR vs. LOR and evaluations?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Is it worth it to get evaluations in addition to LORs?

Yes
9%
No
64%
It depends/other (explain in post)
27%

Total votes: 11

beebela

LOR vs. LOR and evaluations?

Postby beebela » Sun May 06, 2012 2:13 pm

I have read through a few past threads on this topic but I'm just wondering what the present general consensus is about submitting LSAC evaluations in addition to LORs. I'm going to ask two of my professors for LORs this week and want to know if I should go ahead and ask them to do an evaluation as well.

I'm planning to blanket the T-14 and apply to a few other schools as well (USC, UCLA, etc.) for the upcoming cycle so if anyone has any specific information/experiences to share about these schools and LORs/evaluations that would be especially helpful but any comments are appreciated! Thanks!

cutecarmel

Re: LOR vs. LOR and evaluations?

Postby cutecarmel » Tue May 08, 2012 2:19 pm

I had everyone who wrote me an LOR also write an evaluation. Its not necessary in most cases, and many schools don't even want them, but you might as well have them (but only if you know they will be outstanding)

kapital98

Re: LOR vs. LOR and evaluations?

Postby kapital98 » Tue May 08, 2012 2:38 pm

cutecarmel wrote:I had everyone who wrote me an LOR also write an evaluation. Its not necessary in most cases, and many schools don't even want them, but you might as well have them (but only if you know they will be outstanding)

Yeah, those questions are very precise. I wouldn't want a teacher giving me 5 stars on everything and then in one section (ex: Teamwork) they go on a rant about how you could improve with three star ratings.

It's better to just have a 1-2 page LoR than *anything* derogatory.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”