Did not sent written acceptance confirmation - am I screwed?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
eggy

Did not sent written acceptance confirmation - am I screwed?

Postby eggy » Sat May 05, 2012 1:10 pm

Hey Guys,

I wanted to preface this by saying that I received an acceptance from my top choice school, and I really want to thank everyone for all their advice over the past year and a half.

I have a slight dilemma though.

I received a call from the admissions director with the offer, to which i expressed I wanted to accept. From that point I received an e-mail with the letter of the offer of admissions. I responded to the e-mail immediately, thanking the person in admissions for their assistance, and that I was really happy to receive the offer, but I did not use the words "I accept".

The admissions office responded saying they were very happy for me, and the next day, I received login information and information for making a seat deposit payment.

Here is the problem, I am reading the acceptance letter and it says I have to respond in writing to let them know I accept by May 4 (which has passed). I assumed since they already sent the login information after I responded to the initial e-mail, that what I said had been interpreted as my accepting the offer, but I'm worried because I did not explicitly state I was "accepting". I have just contacted them to confirm my initial response was acceptable, but in the chance that it is not, am I screwed?

Thx in advance for the advice.

Best of luck to everyone else this year!

bisonprawn

Re: Did not sent written acceptance confirmation - am I screwed?

Postby bisonprawn » Sat May 05, 2012 1:16 pm

and the seat deposit?

eggy

Postby eggy » Sat May 05, 2012 1:18 pm

bisonprawn wrote:and the seat deposit?

Seat deposit is for June 1, and I already have that in the mail

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Sat May 05, 2012 1:24 pm

Call them to double check. I can't imagine it being a problem. Even if they needed a written confirmation for their records, explain what happened and they shouldn't "let rules overrule common sense". (I've been on far too many Delta flights during the last couple of months.)

eggy

Postby eggy » Sat May 05, 2012 1:31 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:Call them to double check. I can't imagine it being a problem. Even if they needed a written confirmation for their records, explain what happened and they shouldn't "let rules overrule common sense". (I've been on far too many Delta flights during the last couple of months.)

I tried to call but no one picked up because it's a saturday.

I'm pretty sure it should work out OK too, but I'm losing my mind anyway. I just thought that someone might have experience with this who might be able to clear things up.

Either way I'm gonna call first thing Monday morning. I figure not much can change from Friday night until then...

BVest

Postby BVest » Sun May 06, 2012 2:38 am

I seriously doubt this is a problem. They didn't give your seat away at 5 pm on Friday.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”