Law school in Hawaii (does anyone actually go?)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jas1503

Law school in Hawaii (does anyone actually go?)

Postby jas1503 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:44 pm

How are graduates/students of Hawaii Law school viewed in general? I keep reading about a negative opinion that people whom haven't gone to Hawaii have about people whom decide to pursue an advance degree there.

Can anyone speak about job prospects for those who attend Hawaii Law? How's the reputation?

dingbat

Re: Law school in Hawaii (does anyone actually go?)

Postby dingbat » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:53 pm

jas1503 wrote:How are graduates/students of Hawaii Law school viewed in general? I keep reading about a negative opinion that people whom haven't gone to Hawaii have about people whom decide to pursue an advance degree there.

Can anyone speak about job prospects for those who attend Hawaii Law? How's the reputation?

I think the general consensus is that if you're from Hawaii and want to practice in Hawaii, you should go to Hawaii but if you're not from Hawaii and do not want to practice in Hawaii you should not go to Hawaii

realhero

Postby realhero » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:05 pm

dingbat wrote:
jas1503 wrote:How are graduates/students of Hawaii Law school viewed in general? I keep reading about a negative opinion that people whom haven't gone to Hawaii have about people whom decide to pursue an advance degree there.

I think the general consensus is that if you're from Hawaii and want to practice in Hawaii, you should go to Hawaii but if you're not from Hawaii and do not want to practice in Hawaii you should not go to Hawaii

+1
/thread

dowu

Postby dowu » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:22 pm

Great usage of whom. Very nice.

Nova

Postby Nova » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:31 pm

dingbat wrote:

Same can be said for every TTT

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:45 pm

Nova wrote:
dingbat wrote:

Nah, there are plenty of TTTs where that's not true (e.g. NYLS, Nova, Thomas Jefferson)

Basically, if it's the only school feeding into a particular region, it's ok, but if it's a TTT in a large (saturated) market, then it most definitely is not good

Nova

Postby Nova » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:02 pm

dingbat wrote:
Nova wrote:
dingbat wrote:

Nah, there are plenty of TTTs where that's not true (e.g. NYLS, Nova, Thomas Jefferson)

Basically, if it's the only school feeding into a particular region, it's ok, but if it's a TTT in a large (saturated) market, then it most definitely is not good

Agreed. Many* would be the appropriate word choice. I set myself up for that one, with such a sweeping generalization.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:09 pm

I set myself up for that one, with such a sweeping generalization.

:P happens all the time :P

Smumps

Postby Smumps » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:12 pm

Hawaiian here, from Hawaii. People definitely go - it's very well respected in Hawaii. Considering I'd love to end up back home, I thought about it. PM me if you have any questions about it (the LS, where to live, whatever).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”