Housing violation- alcohol and marijuana involved

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
arrowhead1

Housing violation- alcohol and marijuana involved

Postby arrowhead1 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:05 pm

So I am a sophomore and was written up by the RA for having alcohol and marijuana in my apartment. i was told this was going to go on my judicial record. This is the only trouble of any sort that I've had with the university. Should I voluntarily disclose this in all of my law school applications? How big of an impact, if any, will this have on my admission to T14 law schools?

boredatwork

Re: Housing violation- alcohol and marijuana involved

Postby boredatwork » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:14 pm

Yes disclose it. No it shouldn't give you any problems, some schools might make you get a dean cert that you have been in good standing in your college since (Yeshiva does this).

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:16 pm

I'd suspect little-to-no impact. However, you need to disclose.

Thoughts on a similar situation (sans marijuana): viewtopic.php?f=2&t=183641#p5448482

boredatwork

Postby boredatwork » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:20 pm

Not to mention by the time you apply to school that record will be at least 2 years old, and I don't know about your school but mine destroys those records after 6 years because they aren't terribly important in the long run.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:03 pm

arrowhead1 wrote:So I am a sophomore and was written up by the RA for having alcohol and marijuana in my apartment. i was told this was going to go on my judicial record. This is the only trouble of any sort that I've had with the university. Should I voluntarily disclose this in all of my law school applications? How big of an impact, if any, will this have on my admission to T14 law schools?

I got pretty much the same write-up my sophomore year. It didn't have any effect on my cycle. Disclose and you'll be fine.

Nova

Postby Nova » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:43 pm

stillwater wrote:
arrowhead1 wrote:So I am a sophomore and was written up by the RA for having alcohol and marijuana in my apartment. i was told this was going to go on my judicial record. This is the only trouble of any sort that I've had with the university. Should I voluntarily disclose this in all of my law school applications? How big of an impact, if any, will this have on my admission to T14 law schools?

I got pretty much the same write-up my sophomore year. It didn't have any effect on my cycle. Disclose and you'll be fine.

+1

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”