aample at Phoenix

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
arkansawyer

Re: aample at Phoenix

Postby arkansawyer » Wed May 09, 2012 7:03 pm

I can't say with complete surety, but WAY too many things line up for me to just dismiss it as coincidence.

judgeholden

Postby judgeholden » Wed May 09, 2012 7:09 pm

tguer1 wrote: I know you won't get a job in a white shoe law firm but there is a very good chance you can go back to your hometown and work with a smaller firm.

But this isn't true. I know you think it's like being a stock broker, but in boom times any idiot can be a stock broker. Pass an exam and someone will give you a seat, a phone and a phone book with which to start begging people to go through you.

Law is much harder to find work. The demand isn't there. If you know someone that is a partner in a small firm in your hometown you have a good chance at getting that job, but if you don't you are out of luck. There are dozens of others, more qualified than the next, trying to get that small firm job. It's not like empty positions are sitting around waiting to be filled.

Furthermore, question whether that smaller firm even does the type of law you're interested in doing, or whether they mostly do criminal, or insurance defense, or whathaveyou.
Also, you say you know plenty of attorneys that went to smaller, crappier schools that do quite well. Ask yourself when they graduated and if the market was as saturated then as it is now.

TMC116

Postby TMC116 » Wed May 09, 2012 7:28 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
arkansawyer wrote:Tguer, you are on some kind of massive mind trip. Your LSAT score does NOT substantiate the claim that you would do better with more time. In fact, odds are that you spent your pathetic testing attempt missing most of the easier questions.

I believe I'm acquainted with this exquisite waste of breathable oxygen, and I can truthfully say that his online pronunciations are a pale shadow of stupidity when compared to the shit he says in person.

Whaaaaa. You KNOW this guy?? That deserves its own thread

I'm legitimately interested in hearing this, actually.

doomed123

Postby doomed123 » Wed May 09, 2012 7:36 pm

arkansawyer wrote:I can't say with complete surety, but WAY too many things line up for me to just dismiss it as coincidence.

how do you know him?

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed May 09, 2012 7:39 pm

outing a poster's real identity is a bannable offense, FYI. It doesn't have to be an actual name if it's enough information to possibly ID someone IRL.

doomed123

Postby doomed123 » Wed May 09, 2012 7:41 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:outing a poster's real identity is a bannable offense, FYI. It doesn't have to be an actual name if it's enough information to possibly ID someone IRL.

I don't think anyone is asking for identifying information. Just curious to know how someone ran into such a.... comical character.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed May 09, 2012 7:43 pm

doomed123 wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:outing a poster's real identity is a bannable offense, FYI. It doesn't have to be an actual name if it's enough information to possibly ID someone IRL.

I don't think anyone is asking for identifying information. Just curious to know how someone ran into such a.... comical character.
Just offering a warning before anyone gets to that point.

Wily

Postby Wily » Wed May 09, 2012 7:54 pm

I'm just curious if he's like, a wannabe Jay Gatsby guy in person. You know, showing off his closet full of suits, and his leather-bound books with uncut pages, etc.

But I think there's a lot of douches in the finance world, so you might just be mistaking him for someone else.

arkansawyer

Postby arkansawyer » Wed May 09, 2012 8:13 pm

This is a slovenly middle aged loser who resembles a walrus.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Wed May 09, 2012 8:18 pm

He sent me a PM selling his usual wares: that he was gonna gimme a good beating, etc., etc.

RedBirds2011

Postby RedBirds2011 » Wed May 09, 2012 8:21 pm

stillwater wrote:He sent me a PM selling his usual wares: that he was gonna gimme a good beating, etc., etc.

:shock:

If he PMed a threatening message to you I think that's grounds for banning. Wow

Edited for grammar

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Wed May 09, 2012 8:29 pm

Post the PM please.

arkansawyer

Postby arkansawyer » Wed May 09, 2012 8:52 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:Post the PM please.

doomed123

Postby doomed123 » Wed May 09, 2012 8:56 pm

arkansawyer wrote:This is a slovenly middle aged loser who resembles a walrus.

Now I'm picturing Wilford Brimley.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Wed May 09, 2012 8:59 pm

Hey listen you stupid little asshole don't let me know where you are because I'll give you a beaten that you won't forget you fucking jerk off. Which wrong you jealous of my wealth?

It's pretty lame to hide behind PMs to distribute threats. I think the utility of TLS is to serve as a forum for opinions and to disseminate knowledge that will hopefully help people with their process. I think that despite the good intentions of people to warn the OP about the downsides of this program in this thread, the person in question has just devolved this into something that is just misplaced and completely beside the point.

notedgarfigaro

Postby notedgarfigaro » Wed May 09, 2012 9:09 pm

stillwater wrote:
Hey listen you stupid little asshole don't let me know where you are because I'll give you a beaten that you won't forget you fucking jerk off. Which wrong you jealous of my wealth?

It's pretty lame to hide behind PMs to distribute threats. I think the utility of TLS is to serve as a forum for opinions and to disseminate knowledge that will hopefully help people with their process. I think that despite the good intentions of people to warn the OP about the downsides of this program in this thread, the person in question has just devolved this into something that is just misplaced and completely beside the point.

If you're too blind to get above a 135 on the LSAT*, can you really threaten to give people a "beaten?"

*assuming he's not Nick Fury, but Nick Fury would definitely score a 180.

Brassica7

Postby Brassica7 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:10 pm

Tguer1, you complain that we are just a bunch of supposedly immature 22-25-year-olds, then come on here and act like a junior high bully. I think you should evaluate your approach to life.

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Wed May 09, 2012 9:14 pm

Eagerly anticipating grandpa returning to bash you over the head with his cane.

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Wed May 09, 2012 9:14 pm

I thought I had been civil with him but I got a PM too:

tguer1 wrote:Subject: aample at Phoenix

Ludovico Technique wrote:
arkansawyer wrote:Tguer, you are on some kind of massive mind trip. Your LSAT score does NOT substantiate the claim that you would do better with more time. In fact, odds are that you spent your pathetic testing attempt missing most of the easier questions.

I believe I'm acquainted with this exquisite waste of breathable oxygen, and I can truthfully say that his online pronunciations are a pale shadow of stupidity when compared to the shit he says in person.

Whaaaaa. You KNOW this guy?? That deserves its own thread

Why don't you go and fuck yourself little boy. I know you scored a 170 and you're going to a top 25 school.

Actually I got higher than 170 and I go to a lower than top25 school

presidentk1

Postby presidentk1 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:14 pm

I just received the following threat via PM

tguer1 wrote:Subject: Aample Program
Kid your nothing but a little fucking scumbag. You don't know how bad I want to meet you and just kick your fucking ass. Oh I should not speak to a little queer like you, you might get excited.

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Wed May 09, 2012 9:16 pm

And a great thread has now become an epic thread.

RedBirds2011

Postby RedBirds2011 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:18 pm

presidentk1 wrote:I just received the following threat via PM

tguer1 wrote:Subject: Aample Program
Kid your nothing but a little fucking scumbag. You don't know how bad I want to meet you and just kick your fucking ass. Oh I should not speak to a little queer like you, you might get excited.

Wow, he sounds like a real pleasant human being. Not a loser at all

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Wed May 09, 2012 9:19 pm

Don't wanna break any outing rules or anything but can I just point out how stupid it is to make threats like this when you have publicly posted your school email address

presidentk1

Postby presidentk1 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:22 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:Don't wanna break any outing rules or anything but can I just point out how stupid it is to make threats like this when you have publicly posted your school email address

could be a fake, or even worse, he is using an actual students email like that of a friend, or an enemy from class

i'm a firm believer that this individual is just a kid our age (20-25) who wanted to be a lawyer, took the lsat and got a 135, and now hates his own life

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Wed May 09, 2012 9:48 pm

arkansawyer wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:Post the PM please.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”