aample at Phoenix

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: aample at Phoenix

Postby Ludo! » Tue May 08, 2012 12:41 pm

tguer1 wrote:Listen morons when it comes to the money, sense I retired at the age of 50 , maybe I have enough money to handle myself. In fact I haven't worked in the few years and I still drive a Porsche (and love it). I probably can buy most of you an sell you for a huge lost and not get hurt. Like I said if I have to borrow money I'll probably die before I pay that loan off. I could put this on one of my credit cards, I have five unlimited gold cards. Noteda why don't you learn a little about life before you make a comment like you did. Willy the whole industry has changed. There is no more stockbroker on the street, they're all financial planners now. No more trading stocks. And for bonds people are buying their municipals on the internet (no mark up for the broker). My business was built on municipal bonds. In fact I moved from the retail side for a while to a muni trading desk then to a junk desk and also a high quality corporate desk. So I worked both on the inside and the outside of the business. Oh also Willy, when I first got into the business in the mid 80's first year stockbrokers were making more than double the pay that a first year associate out of a top law school made. If you made it through your first year you out grossed those same lawyers by maybe 3 to 1 later on in your careers. Lets face it how many lawyers make $30 million a year now how many Wall Streeters make $30 million a year. A lot more WS than J.D.. Always remember one thing, Wall Street, not Washington runs this country. And imagine you don't even need a degree to work on trading and sales because I didn't have mine. I have closet full of suits that any attorney would envy. Steve, I know all about Phoenix, in fact they're not even a tier 4 school they are unranked. It's a brand new school. Everybody has to start somewhere. Sense going back to school three years ago and finishing up my bachelor I just love to learn. And for those of you making fun of my 135, I have two physical disabilities that caused that. So if this is my ticket into law school I want to do it. Oh yeah for the person who said that even the small securities litigation firms in New York still like to hire out of top schools I know plenty of lawyers in that practice who wet to small shitty schools and do quite well.


All your talking about how much money you have and how you just love to learn is supporting the contention I made earlier. You are going to law school for fun. You've already had a career and you made plenty of money and now you want to get a JD for shits and giggles so you don't care if you go to a terrible school. But most of your future classmates are going to this school because they think it will give them a better future. They think they will get jobs as lawyers and will make a decent salary. For the vast majority of them that will not be the case and their lives will literally be ruined. Going to Phoenix seems to be fine for your circumstances since you can buy and sell all of us - but don't encourage other people to go to this school.

User avatar
Wily
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Re: aample at Phoenix

Postby Wily » Tue May 08, 2012 12:49 pm

tguer1 wrote:Listen morons when it comes to the money, sense I retired at the age of 50 , maybe I have enough money to handle myself. In fact I haven't worked in the few years and I still drive a Porsche (and love it). I probably can buy most of you an sell you for a huge lost and not get hurt. Like I said if I have to borrow money I'll probably die before I pay that loan off. I could put this on one of my credit cards, I have five unlimited gold cards. Noteda why don't you learn a little about life before you make a comment like you did. Willy the whole industry has changed. There is no more stockbroker on the street, they're all financial planners now. No more trading stocks. And for bonds people are buying their municipals on the internet (no mark up for the broker). My business was built on municipal bonds. In fact I moved from the retail side for a while to a muni trading desk then to a junk desk and also a high quality corporate desk. So I worked both on the inside and the outside of the business. Oh also Willy, when I first got into the business in the mid 80's first year stockbrokers were making more than double the pay that a first year associate out of a top law school made. If you made it through your first year you out grossed those same lawyers by maybe 3 to 1 later on in your careers. Lets face it how many lawyers make $30 million a year now how many Wall Streeters make $30 million a year. A lot more WS than J.D.. Always remember one thing, Wall Street, not Washington runs this country. And imagine you don't even need a degree to work on trading and sales because I didn't have mine. I have closet full of suits that any attorney would envy. Steve, I know all about Phoenix, in fact they're not even a tier 4 school they are unranked. It's a brand new school. Everybody has to start somewhere. Sense going back to school three years ago and finishing up my bachelor I just love to learn. And for those of you making fun of my 135, I have two physical disabilities that caused that. So if this is my ticket into law school I want to do it. Oh yeah for the person who said that even the small securities litigation firms in New York still like to hire out of top schools I know plenty of lawyers in that practice who wet to small shitty schools and do quite well.


Hey man, I wasn't making fun of your 135 or your ADD. I respect that 135 was the best you could get.

I still don't see, though, why you want to go to law school. If you already have a Porsche and all those nice things, why would you want to work for someone for $40 to $50k a year again as a entry-level lawyer? It seems that if you want to go back to work, doing your old trade as a stockbroker would be a lot more lucrative. Also, why would you ever put student loans on your credit cards, if you have so much money saved up? That seems like a terrible financial move.

thederangedwang
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Re: aample at Phoenix

Postby thederangedwang » Tue May 08, 2012 1:33 pm

go to a TTT/T..you deserve it

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: aample at Phoenix

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Tue May 08, 2012 1:39 pm

what in the fuck is going on in here. AAMPLE is bad. retake.

User avatar
notedgarfigaro
Posts: 1485
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:33 pm

Re: aample at Phoenix

Postby notedgarfigaro » Tue May 08, 2012 3:30 pm

Being called a moron by someone with a 135 LSAT score is the height of comedy.

Knowing that the same person is happily about to throw 150k Phoenix's way is even funnier, assuming he can pass the AMPLE program.

Regardless, AMPLE is bad, mmkay. Anyone going is proving that their LSAT score is a valid indicator for their mental prowess.

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: aample at Phoenix

Postby Mal Reynolds » Tue May 08, 2012 3:37 pm

Tguer you should learn the difference between sense and since before you matriculate.

SunshineMagic
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: aample at Phoenix

Postby SunshineMagic » Tue May 08, 2012 4:06 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:I say go for it. Reach for your dreams!

SunshineMagic
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: aample at Phoenix

Postby SunshineMagic » Tue May 08, 2012 4:09 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
tguer1 wrote:Listen morons when it comes to the money, sense I retired at the age of 50 , maybe I have enough money to handle myself. In fact I haven't worked in the few years and I still drive a Porsche (and love it). I probably can buy most of you an sell you for a huge lost and not get hurt. Like I said if I have to borrow money I'll probably die before I pay that loan off. I could put this on one of my credit cards, I have five unlimited gold cards. Noteda why don't you learn a little about life before you make a comment like you did. Willy the whole industry has changed. There is no more stockbroker on the street, they're all financial planners now. No more trading stocks. And for bonds people are buying their municipals on the internet (no mark up for the broker). My business was built on municipal bonds. In fact I moved from the retail side for a while to a muni trading desk then to a junk desk and also a high quality corporate desk. So I worked both on the inside and the outside of the business. Oh also Willy, when I first got into the business in the mid 80's first year stockbrokers were making more than double the pay that a first year associate out of a top law school made. If you made it through your first year you out grossed those same lawyers by maybe 3 to 1 later on in your careers. Lets face it how many lawyers make $30 million a year now how many Wall Streeters make $30 million a year. A lot more WS than J.D.. Always remember one thing, Wall Street, not Washington runs this country. And imagine you don't even need a degree to work on trading and sales because I didn't have mine. I have closet full of suits that any attorney would envy. Steve, I know all about Phoenix, in fact they're not even a tier 4 school they are unranked. It's a brand new school. Everybody has to start somewhere. Sense going back to school three years ago and finishing up my bachelor I just love to learn. And for those of you making fun of my 135, I have two physical disabilities that caused that. So if this is my ticket into law school I want to do it. Oh yeah for the person who said that even the small securities litigation firms in New York still like to hire out of top schools I know plenty of lawyers in that practice who wet to small shitty schools and do quite well.
rambling, incoherent braggadocio; didn't read

AAMPLE is a terrible program designed to rip off more money from the most gullible and desperate applicants. You're better off getting a certificate in TV/VCR repair from Suzanne Sommers.


Don't bring her into this she is amazing!

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: aample at Phoenix

Postby Mal Reynolds » Tue May 08, 2012 4:14 pm

flem wrote:
tguer1 wrote:Listen morons when it comes to the money, sense I retired at the age of 50 , maybe I have enough money to handle myself. In fact I haven't worked in the few years and I still drive a Porsche (and love it). I probably can buy most of you an sell you for a huge lost and not get hurt. Like I said if I have to borrow money I'll probably die before I pay that loan off. I could put this on one of my credit cards,I have five unlimited gold cards.Noteda why don't you learn a little about life before you make a comment like you did. Willy the whole industry has changed. There is no more stockbroker on the street, they're all financial planners now. No more trading stocks. And for bonds people are buying their municipals on the internet (no mark up for the broker). My business was built on municipal bonds. In fact I moved from the retail side for a while to a muni trading desk then to a junk desk and also a high quality corporate desk. So I worked both on the inside and the outside of the business. Oh also Willy, when I first got into the business in the mid 80's first year stockbrokers were making more than double the pay that a first year associate out of a top law school made. If you made it through your first year you out grossed those same lawyers by maybe 3 to 1 later on in your careers. Lets face it how many lawyers make $30 million a year now how many Wall Streeters make $30 million a year. A lot more WS than J.D.. Always remember one thing, Wall Street, not Washington runs this country. And imagine you don't even need a degree to work on trading and sales because I didn't have mine. I have closet full of suits that any attorney would envy. Steve, I know all about Phoenix, in fact they're not even a tier 4 school they are unranked. It's a brand new school. Everybody has to start somewhere. Sense going back to school three years ago and finishing up my bachelor I just love to learn. And for those of you making fun of my 135, I have two physical disabilities that caused that. So if this is my ticket into law school I want to do it. Oh yeah for the person who said that even the small securities litigation firms in New York still like to hire out of top schools I know plenty of lawyers in that practice who wet to small shitty schools and do quite well.


legit lol'd


He isn't a real baller until he has one of these though.

--ImageRemoved--

You just have too many credit cards/too much debt if you have five gold cards.

User avatar
TyrionLannister
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:12 am

Re: aample at Phoenix

Postby TyrionLannister » Tue May 08, 2012 5:18 pm

Every time I read tguer1's posts, I envision Patches O'Houlihan.

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: aample at Phoenix

Postby Ludo! » Tue May 08, 2012 5:41 pm

tguer1 wrote:Steve, I read your blog every time send them out. Do you know anything about ADHD? It's a condition that if your not interested in something you just don't get it, even on meds but if you show some interest in something you excel at it. When I came out of college 35 years my gpa was only 2.5 (played football and ran track, belonged to a frat,TKE) in fact I had all A's and B's in my major and I got C's, D's, and F's for everything else, classic ADHD) I bounced around a little bit, but then I found Wall Street. Here I am a college drop out with only one year left to go. There are very few positions on the street that you need a degree, so I became a retail salesman (stock broker) and loved it I made ton's of money and also opened about 80 8 new accounts in my rookie year. In fact when I took my Series 7 and I did not take a prep class and I passed. The test is 6 hours long, you get 3 hours in the morning and 3 in the afternoon. If you finish early on either session you can leave. It took me 2 hours in the morning session so I got a 2 hour lunch break. It only took me 90 minutes in the afternoon session, and like I said I went on to a successful career. I passed with no problem. Like I said earlier, I'm 58 years old and I don't care where I go to school. There are a few small securities litigation firms in New York who wold hire you and don't care where you went to school. C'mon I'll have law degree and a securities background and being 58 years old I don't need a lot of money. So your chart might be wrong on this one the one that said nobody has been accepted with a LSAT of 135 or lower. I also have a paralegal certificate where I got a 3.5 gap. In fact I got a 3.32 gpa for my final 6 classes toward my bachelors degree two years ago. Also all I needed were papers and projects to pass the classes. And imagine this I got a 3.32 for those 6 classes Again something I had an interest in. I've had an interest in law for about 20 years. As noted my grades from paralegal program I feel I could do well in the AAMPLE program. The way I look at it Phoenix Law is giving me the opportunity to attend law school and I will always be loyal to them. I know there not even ranked but they only had their ABA approval for 2 years, so it's a brand new school. I'm sure that some major law schools had to start somewhere. I already bought my books and started reading them and enjoying them and I'm retaining a lot of the stuff that I read. I know I can do it. Newgirl please contact me at aguer4@unh.newhaven.edu and don't be afraid of going the AAMPLE way. You know they're also looking at your motivation,
attendance, the questions that you ask in class, so do it.


Quoted for posterity in case you threaten to pound my asshole too

JamesChapman23
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:48 pm

Re: aample at Phoenix

Postby JamesChapman23 » Tue May 08, 2012 7:19 pm

I do believe that in most jurisdictions a 135 LSAT score satisfies the legal threshold for mental retardation.

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: aample at Phoenix

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Tue May 08, 2012 7:26 pm

December 2011 LSAT: 32 questions right would give you a score of 135.

If you marked (B) for every answer you would have gotten 25 answers right.

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: aample at Phoenix

Postby Mal Reynolds » Tue May 08, 2012 7:37 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:December 2011 LSAT: 32 questions right would give you a score of 135.

If you marked (B) for every answer you would have gotten 25 answers right.


The dude has a Porsche (pronounced Portia). He got a 135 because he wanted a 135.

tguer1
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:42 pm

Re: aample at Phoenix

Postby tguer1 » Tue May 08, 2012 8:48 pm

To tell you the truth I don't know why I I'm arguing wit ha bunch of 22 to 25 year old assholes. Look I want to go to law school, I want to practice securities litigation. I don' have to answer to you people, grow up.

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: aample at Phoenix

Postby Ludo! » Tue May 08, 2012 8:52 pm

tguer1 wrote:To tell you the truth I don't know why I I'm arguing wit ha bunch of 22 to 25 year old assholes. Look I want to go to law school, I want to practice securities litigation. I don' have to answer to you people, grow up.


I'm over 25 so maybe you can argue with me. For some reason you keep ignoring my posts. I don't think there's anything wrong with you wanting to go to law school, even one with placement as bad as Phoenix, because as you told us you have money and there are no real consequences for you. If you graduate and aren't able to find a legal job then your future won't be ruined. But don't you think it's irresponsible to encourage other people to go who don't have the luxury of five unlimited gold cards and a porsche?

thederangedwang
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Re: aample at Phoenix

Postby thederangedwang » Tue May 08, 2012 8:54 pm

tguer1 wrote:To tell you the truth I don't know why I I'm arguing wit ha bunch of 22 to 25 year old assholes. Look I want to go to law school, I want to practice securities litigation. I don' have to answer to you people, grow up.

yeah cuz you acted real mature in this thread.... :roll:

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: aample at Phoenix

Postby stillwater » Tue May 08, 2012 9:01 pm

Remedial English maybe a better use of money.

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: aample at Phoenix

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Tue May 08, 2012 9:06 pm

Why don't you take the money that you would use for ample to take an LSAT course? You're already in your 50s, what's another year? Oh, Candy just e-mailed that Phoenix takes June LSATs, so if you register now you can still make the June registration deadline. I'm thinking with a little luck you could guess your way into regular admissions, maybe a scholly.

SunshineMagic
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: aample at Phoenix

Postby SunshineMagic » Tue May 08, 2012 10:08 pm

Why phoenix out of all the TTTs it is like evil as hell

edit: TTTT

User avatar
arkansawyer
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: aample at Phoenix

Postby arkansawyer » Wed May 09, 2012 4:48 am

I'm pretty sure I know this guy.

tguer1
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:42 pm

Re: aample at Phoenix

Postby tguer1 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:36 am

Look the way I look at it every school started somewhere. I'm sure that Duke didn't start in the top 20 law schools. Lud, I'm not ignoring you since you seem to be the oldest here you should understand. I'm not doing this for shit and grins. I have two disabilities and that is why I scored a 133. Who ever said that a raw score is 30, you can pick all c's, that's not bad figuring I only got to 51 questions. So lets figure this out, 30/51=58% which would give me around a 150 to a 155 if I had accommodated testing. And the reason I have five gold cards is because of my credit, I very rarely use credit cards. You can say what you want about Phoenix but I'm going to dedicate myself to the school. I owe it to them because they're the only one who is giving me a shot. I don't care of it is in AAMPLE. Don't worry come and see me in three years. I live in a small town in the North East where plenty of attorneys went to Western New England, Roger Williams, Hofstra, Vermont, Quinnipiac and Widner. As you can see not top law schools and they are all working and some of them even told me that I would have a job when I graduate from wherever. So please just leave the fuck me alone. Let me make my own mistakes. And Willy I'd love to go back into the industry but I retired over 10 years ago and like I said it's a completely different business now, can't compete with the discounters who give you $8.95 trade where I'm going to charge you maybe between $200 and $300. The retail business is dead. Now you have to be an insurance salesman with an investment background. In 20 years I never did an annuity. I did plenty of mutual funds and unit investment trusts but the meat of my business was municipal bonds. I don't have it in mean to sit down with a client to try to figure out their financial future. Lets trade, buy bonds for income and mutual funds for your future.

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: aample at Phoenix

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Wed May 09, 2012 9:46 am

tguer1 wrote:Look the way I look at it every school started somewhere. I'm sure that Duke didn't start in the top 20 law schools. Lud, I'm not ignoring you since you seem to be the oldest here you should understand. I'm not doing this for shit and grins. I have two disabilities and that is why I scored a 133. Who ever said that a raw score is 30, you can pick all c's, that's not bad figuring I only got to 51 questions. So lets figure this out, 30/51=58% which would give me around a 150 to a 155 if I had accommodated testing. And the reason I have five gold cards is because of my credit, I very rarely use credit cards. You can say what you want about Phoenix but I'm going to dedicate myself to the school. I owe it to them because they're the only one who is giving me a shot. I don't care of it is in AAMPLE. Don't worry come and see me in three years. I live in a small town in the North East where plenty of attorneys went to Western New England, Roger Williams, Hofstra, Vermont, Quinnipiac and Widner. As you can see not top law schools and they are all working and some of them even told me that I would have a job when I graduate from wherever. So please just leave the fuck me alone. Let me make my own mistakes. And Willy I'd love to go back into the industry but I retired over 10 years ago and like I said it's a completely different business now, can't compete with the discounters who give you $8.95 trade where I'm going to charge you maybe between $200 and $300. The retail business is dead. Now you have to be an insurance salesman with an investment background. In 20 years I never did an annuity. I did plenty of mutual funds and unit investment trusts but the meat of my business was municipal bonds. I don't have it in mean to sit down with a client to try to figure out their financial future. Lets trade, buy bonds for income and mutual funds for your future.

There is so much wrong with what you wrote that I really don't have the energy to respond to it all.

User avatar
Band A Long
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:50 am

Re: aample at Phoenix

Postby Band A Long » Wed May 09, 2012 9:55 am

tguer1 wrote:You can say what you want about Phoenix but I'm going to dedicate myself to the school. I owe it to them because they're the only one who is giving me a shot. I don't care of it is in AAMPLE. Don't worry come and see me in three years [. . .] So please just leave the fuck me alone. Let me make my own mistakes.

Most people here seem to want to let you make your own mistakes. Where a lot of the concern comes from is that AAMPLE and other similar programs at low-ranked schools can completely ruin someone who is trying to make it as a lawyer. Consider that you're not the only one who reads this forum.

When some 22-year-old graduate of a small state school doesn't study for the LSAT enough and has poor grades but still wants to make it as a lawyer, they'll probably be admitted to low-ranked schools and maybe an AAMPLE program. Then they'll say, "Oh, okay, well at least I got in! All that matters are your connections and the fact that I have a J.D., so I'll attend this school!" Over $150,000 in loans later, this person is in debt up to their eyeballs and has ridiculously poor employment chances compared to almost every other school (not to mention in an already over-saturated market of recent J.D.'s looking for legal jobs).

So yes, in this case, perhaps you're willing to go to bat for Phoenix. That's fine. But here we're trying to find and give advice for prospective law students that won't saddle them with debt and will get them into the highest ranked schools (with the subsequently highest chances at good, long-term law-related employment) that they can get in to. That's why everyone says "retake the LSAT" or "take a year off" in most advice threads — because people are trying to give advice to save them from what many people would call the law school scam or at best deceptive advertising.

In sum — sure, fine, attend an AAMPLE program. You have significant assets and, apparently, more than anything else want to get a J.D. at a school many don't like. Like you said, we can let you fail or make your own mistakes. Nobody from the forum is going to drive to your house and stop you from attending. But our advice is sound for the vast majority of interested applicants, and by arguing with us for personal reasons (i.e. you think you owe Phoenix a favor) you're doing a great number of people a disservice. When some dumb college grad who watches Law&Order gets into a crap school and googles AAMPLE LAW and this thread comes up, and he or she reads you singing the praises of the school, maybe that will help them rationalize such a terrible decision for their future success as a lawyer. I don't think that's okay.

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: aample at Phoenix

Postby Ludo! » Wed May 09, 2012 9:57 am

^^^^^ +1

tguer1 wrote:Look the way I look at it every school started somewhere. I'm sure that Duke didn't start in the top 20 law schools. Lud, I'm not ignoring you since you seem to be the oldest here you should understand. I'm not doing this for shit and grins. I have two disabilities and that is why I scored a 133. Who ever said that a raw score is 30, you can pick all c's, that's not bad figuring I only got to 51 questions. So lets figure this out, 30/51=58% which would give me around a 150 to a 155 if I had accommodated testing. And the reason I have five gold cards is because of my credit, I very rarely use credit cards. You can say what you want about Phoenix but I'm going to dedicate myself to the school. I owe it to them because they're the only one who is giving me a shot. I don't care of it is in AAMPLE. Don't worry come and see me in three years. I live in a small town in the North East where plenty of attorneys went to Western New England, Roger Williams, Hofstra, Vermont, Quinnipiac and Widner. As you can see not top law schools and they are all working and some of them even told me that I would have a job when I graduate from wherever. So please just leave the fuck me alone. Let me make my own mistakes. And Willy I'd love to go back into the industry but I retired over 10 years ago and like I said it's a completely different business now, can't compete with the discounters who give you $8.95 trade where I'm going to charge you maybe between $200 and $300. The retail business is dead. Now you have to be an insurance salesman with an investment background. In 20 years I never did an annuity. I did plenty of mutual funds and unit investment trusts but the meat of my business was municipal bonds. I don't have it in mean to sit down with a client to try to figure out their financial future. Lets trade, buy bonds for income and mutual funds for your future.


1. Duke Law started in 1868, I don't think they had rankings back then. But the ranking is not what makes Phoenix bad, it is the bad job prospects. Those aren't going to improve. There are already over 200 law schools, it's too late for a law school to just start and turn into a top 20 law school. Even UCI that has a good reputation and a ton of money behind it and snagged the god of ConLaw for its dean is not going to be a top 20 law school. Phoenix is a for profit business with a terrible reputation. And while you may be hopeful that it one day turns into a reputable law school, there is absolutely no indication that will happen. And even if by some miracle it does happen its not going to be in the next three years.

2. Your friends who went to those law schools and now have jobs likely didn't graduate in the last few years. When the economy crashed in 2008 it only accelerated what was already a fundamental problem in legal hiring. There are too many law schools and too many graduates for not enough jobs. Things are never going back to the way they were. And even in boom times people struggled to get jobs from those schools. You only know the success stories, you don't know how many of your friends classmates graduated and never found legal jobs.

3. I don't care if you go to Phoenix, and I don't care if you think you are going to get a job from there. I would be happy to "leave you the fuck alone" and let you make your own mistake. But when you tell other people not to listen to us, and encourage them to make horrible decisions, I have a problem with that.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: adamcohen3, Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests