Graduating in Fall 2013

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
yesplease
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:22 am

Graduating in Fall 2013

Postby yesplease » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:54 pm

Hello! I'm currently a freshman double majoring in International Relations and Spanish (declared) and possibly minoring in ethics and will be graduating early in Fall 2013. Do you think it would be a better to apply to law school for Spring 2014 or Fall? Would it be better to wait? If so, when would you suggest for me to take the LSAT?

User avatar
tedalbany
Posts: 1697
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:15 pm

Re: Graduating in Fall 2013

Postby tedalbany » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:01 pm

Fall, take the LSAT June or Oct. 2013

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Graduating in Fall 2013

Postby Ludo! » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:03 pm

tedalbany wrote:Fall, take the LSAT June or Oct. 2013


+1

No reputable law school accepts spring admissions.

User avatar
bmore_md
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: Graduating in Fall 2013

Postby bmore_md » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:31 pm

Flame.

yesplease
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:22 am

Re: Graduating in Fall 2013

Postby yesplease » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:59 am

Thank you very much, I was also thinking of possibly studying abroad Spring 2013 but that may push my graduating until May 2014. Would you suggest to study abroad or just graduate early?

User avatar
tedalbany
Posts: 1697
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:15 pm

Re: Graduating in Fall 2013

Postby tedalbany » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:02 am

yesplease wrote:Thank you very much, I was also thinking of possibly studying abroad Spring 2013 but that may push my graduating until May 2014. Would you suggest to study abroad or just graduate early?


Sure, study abroad if it isn't going to cost you much money. It'd be a fun experience before law school at least.

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Graduating in Fall 2013

Postby Tom Joad » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:20 am

yesplease wrote:when would you suggest for me to take the LSAT?

Before you go to law school.

And focus on getting As and having fun in college. It isn't a race.

yesplease
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:22 am

Re: Graduating in Fall 2013

Postby yesplease » Wed May 02, 2012 6:09 pm

tedalbany wrote:
yesplease wrote:Thank you very much, I was also thinking of possibly studying abroad Spring 2013 but that may push my graduating until May 2014. Would you suggest to study abroad or just graduate early?


Sure, study abroad if it isn't going to cost you much money. It'd be a fun experience before law school at least.


Depending on how much financial aid I get, that I may do it. I come from a low-economic background so it may not be possible. I could probably graduate next year without having to take extra classes but that would mean having to take the LSAT sooner and I'm just not sure I'm ready. :?

I feel like I half-screwed myself over by taking so many dual-credit classes in high school and if I stay until May 2014 I could probably triple major (which sounds so ridiculous >.<) if I didn't study abroad.

I just feel kind of lost right now.

jared6180
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:47 pm

Re: Graduating in Fall 2013

Postby jared6180 » Fri May 04, 2012 12:59 am

I pushed and pushed to graduate Spring 2013, (I took 18-20 credit hours) so I could go to LS in Fall 2013. I wasn't performing well at all on PTs that I took, so I pushed graduation back to Spring 2014 in hopes of taking an LSAT class and self study in addition to that. I need a 170, but I know I am capable of a 180! LOL! Now because I have pushed with extra classes I will be able to take an easy Fall 2013 schedule, and my goal is to finish a second minor in Philosophy in that extra year and obliterate the LSAT and get -0 on all sections!

Moral of the story, take your time, get a triple major if you can, and get as close to a 180 as possible.

User avatar
cutecarmel
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: Graduating in Fall 2013

Postby cutecarmel » Wed May 30, 2012 6:06 pm

yesplease wrote:Thank you very much, I was also thinking of possibly studying abroad Spring 2013 but that may push my graduating until May 2014. Would you suggest to study abroad or just graduate early?


Apply for Fall because a lot of schools don't accept Spring applicants. I studied abroad and its definitely a rewarding experience, and an opportunity to practice the language and fill gaps in your resume. Just don't study in Europe where half the population speaks English. I think you will learn more in Latin America.

User avatar
Map Cat
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:20 am

Re: Graduating in Fall 2013

Postby Map Cat » Thu May 31, 2012 2:55 pm

bmore_md wrote:Flame.

User avatar
1776
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: Graduating in Fall 2013

Postby 1776 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:21 am

If you're a freshmen in the fall, how are you graduating next fall?

yesplease
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:22 am

Re: Graduating in Fall 2013

Postby yesplease » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:48 pm

1776 wrote:If you're a freshmen in the fall, how are you graduating next fall?


I did a lot of dual credit junior and senior year of high school graduating with an Associates Degree, I had to apply to most schools as a high school senior regardless of how many credits I had (90 hours) because I hadn't technically gone to college after high school. That being said, I decided to go to a private university because I assumed they would take less credits/be more challenging leading me to stay in college longer but neither of those two things held out. Right now I have 123 credits hours. And I realized that the reason I wanted to graduate early and deviate from my original plan was because I currently hate the school I go to. I decided to transfer instead and double major at the other school (and if possible, study abroad!), meaning I'll graduate in May 2014. :D


Thank you everyone, ya'll (shush! I'm from TX) really helped me decide/figure out what would be best for me.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Graduating in Fall 2013

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:51 pm

yesplease wrote:
tedalbany wrote:
yesplease wrote:Thank you very much, I was also thinking of possibly studying abroad Spring 2013 but that may push my graduating until May 2014. Would you suggest to study abroad or just graduate early?


Sure, study abroad if it isn't going to cost you much money. It'd be a fun experience before law school at least.


Depending on how much financial aid I get, that I may do it. I come from a low-economic background so it may not be possible. I could probably graduate next year without having to take extra classes but that would mean having to take the LSAT sooner and I'm just not sure I'm ready. :?

I feel like I half-screwed myself over by taking so many dual-credit classes in high school and if I stay until May 2014 I could probably triple major (which sounds so ridiculous >.<) if I didn't study abroad.

I just feel kind of lost right now.

A year is more time than any non-dumbass needs to be prepared for the LSAT.
Triple-majoring is stupid and why would you do it if you're going to law school anyway?

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Graduating in Fall 2013

Postby soj » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:00 pm

Studying abroad could be a great experience but is usually overrated and not worth it if it'll break the bank. Triple majoring is definitely not worth it. Since money's an important factor, I'd graduate early and work for a few years before going to law school. I don't see why you shouldn't be prepared for the LSAT next year. Even if you're not, one extra year of UG won't help.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 2 guests