i am always in love Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lollypotter

New

Post by lollypotter » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:36 am

Bumping this truly inspirational thread.

This needs to be published. Just throw in some law school admissions wisdom and this is your USP. Seriously, it could become one of those surprise Christmas sensations (Chicken soup, Schotts Miscellany, random stuff) and then spawn other titles - Idek's guide to BIGLAW, Idek's guide to dating B Schools, Idek's guide to dating Ivies, med school etc etc

All you need is a concept. Build it...

underdawg

Silver

Post by underdawg » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:59 am

People say that this girl Cooley is kinda fugly. But she's got nothing on Quinnipiac. Maybe it's not her looks; it's also her personality. She's so desparate that she bombards you with e-mails, phone calls, IM's, and even a "full ride" whatever the hell that means.

You feel sorry for her and feel that you'd at least be civil to her if she left you the hell alone!!!
Last edited by underdawg on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ulfrekr

Bronze

Post by Ulfrekr » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:56 am

Detroit Mercy...Every so often, however, you get a note passed to you that says "I love the way your hair smells," and you turn around to see him leering at you.
Holy crap, I just saw this, and only just managed to get a napkin in front of my face before I spat hot chocolate all over my office keyboard.

purplepansy

New

Post by purplepansy » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:13 am

The Detroit Mercy one was hilarious. They will NOT leave me alone.

I read it out loud to one of my non law-aspiring friends. Even they found it funny.

livinginkorea

New

Post by livinginkorea » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:27 pm

Last edited by livinginkorea on Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thisabyssisbliss

New

Post by thisabyssisbliss » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:15 pm

Guys doing the same schools over and over takes zero skill and takes away from the fun of the concept.
ps its my thread and i can do whatever i want
^Agree!
i dunno i liked columbia's!
idek, your Columbia was the best. Do whatever you want. You're the pioneer of this great thread.
Uber-credited. IDEK, you should really look into honing these and publishing - market them at school bookstores, along with brief but legit profiles of the different schools. How many law school apps per year, 50K? Plus, think of all the law students who would eat it up. Seriously though, you've hit on something.

Pyke got so Duked right there

Derlicte

New

Post by Derlicte » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:52 pm

George Mason is the girl you met at a bar but also have spotted at church singing in the choir. You wanted to just casually date her…maybe take her out every now and then, but she wants a commitment. She claims she is “holding out til marriage” but you have this strange suspicion she’s been had before. She gives out her business card to just about everyone, and this kind of bothers you because you’re not sure if she’s “networking” or if she’s really trying to keep her options open should she decide to dump you. Her dad is a Republican lobbyist in DC- mean sonofabitch, and the whole family supports George Bush. On the plus side…she’s a cheap date. She’s pretty low-maintenance, and she’s fine with using her dads credit card to pay for dinner...in fact, she insists. And you always wanted to marry someone just a bit hotter and smarter than Catholic.

Derlicte

New

Post by Derlicte » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:03 pm

Catholic is the girl you’re really ashamed to even have made out with. Yet, for some reason, every time you get dumped you decide to give her a call to “see how she’s doing.” She’s got some good qualities. Everyone thinks she’s “really nice” and your dad likes her. The problem is…she’s kind of a duff: Designated Ugly Fat Friend. You once tried to hook up with her, but she kinda rejected you. NOONE CAN EVER KNOW THIS!!! You feel really guilty about the way you’ve treated her, especially since her friend across the street decided to go out with you. You knew all along this would probably happen. That’s why you avoided answering her when she starting talking about a relationship. You will ignore her calls….for now.

Ben Matlock

New

Post by Ben Matlock » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:46 am

A few more came to mind.

Rutgers-Newark: Rutgers has a diverse family with some shining stars including dentists, scientists, and engineers. But they live in a better neighborhood while this girl is "ghetto." Because of her family, you think she might have potential - but she just doesn't show it. She'd rather dress like a slut with t-shirts 2 sizes too small and a belly piercing and multiple tattoos. She learned perfect English in high school, but talks with a thick joisey accent, which is a huge turnoff. Your friends have dated her much hotter sisters. You hooked up with Rutgers at a party when she was drunk and you were already sobering up because you were bored. Afterward, you just felt dirty.

Cardozo - Yeshiva University: She comes from a very traditional Jewish family, which scares you at first. Does she touch men? How far will she go? Will she demand that she cover her hair after you're married? Then you realize that she's the rebel of the family, and she really doesn't care much about her religious observance. However, the beliefs she grew up with inform her ethics and behavior. Part of her rebellion includes dating lots of Hispanic guys. You'd really like to spend time with her on Saturday, but she doesn't roll on Shabbos. She gets jealous of Fordham, her Catholic neighbor, especially around Christmastime. Like a good Jewish American Princess, she'll handsomely reward the guys that work hard to make her happy. But if you're anything less than Daddy, she'll hang you out to dry.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

girasol

New

W&M

Post by girasol » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:23 am

Do William & Mary!!! I'm curious ;)

URMhopes

New

Post by URMhopes » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:50 pm

^^ Derlicte

funny

Derlicte

New

Post by Derlicte » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:37 pm

Thanks, URM! This thread was too good to pass up.

William and Mary is a thin brunette, who has straight A’s and is chairperson of every club imaginable. She’s rather mysterious. She has a decent body, but her glasses are a distraction, and she never has her hair done. She wears bland sweaters, and is always hitting me up for some charity drive. In class, she is the most annoying girl I have ever seen. She is the one who asks: “Aren’t you going to collect the homework?”, and she always screws over the curve in English class! She thinks she has a wild side. I saw her drunk…once. Even then she was spouting off her thoughts on 17th Century philosophy. She thinks she’s very clever because she is “married to” her best friend on facebook. Everyone felt real bad for her when she was nominated as homecoming queen as a joke, until she showed up to the dance and looked…dare I say…hot? And the guy she brought with her was a pretty good lookin dude too. Who knew?

M2008

New

Post by M2008 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:54 pm

Let's look at it the other way - from the law schools' perspective, how would you describe different applicants? Would you want to date the ivy league 165/3.0, the non-trad with the great soft factors, the 175/2.8 splitter, or the economically disadvantaged URM?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lizzy1280

New

Post by lizzy1280 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:56 pm

describing a potential dating partner as having "great soft factors" is quite a turnoff.

M2008

New

Post by M2008 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:57 pm

Depends how suggestive the description is . . .

emilyk

New

Post by emilyk » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:01 pm

describing a potential dating partner as having "great soft factors" is quite a turnon.
Uhhh, fixed?

underdawg

Silver

Post by underdawg » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:03 pm

I know the jest was just in good fun, but I want you guys to know I haven't heard anyone say "Joisey" in Jersey. I don't know how this myth got started.
Last edited by underdawg on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

owt

New

Post by owt » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:22 pm

I wonder about that too. Maybe it's a guido thing.

buffalo-best

New

Post by buffalo-best » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:55 pm

Cooley

you enter the party looking for some action. doesnt have to be anything spectacular, a nice one nighter with a U of F or an Arizona State will suffice. You start talking with some friends when out of no where this horrendous sorority chick who obviously had 6 or 7 too many jack and cokes comes stumbling up to you....

Cooley [referring to you, slurring her words]: "OMG GUYS WHO IS YOUR HOT NEW FRIEND"

put off, your freinds inform that this is cooley, and that shes willing to hook up with anyone

you look for an escape route but she blocks you, stating that she wants to get with you now that the two of you are alone [you are not in fact alone, you are actually still in the same room with all your friends, she is just REALLY trashy and drunk].

realizing that all the nice girls from sorority t-100 are pre-occupied with other people and that your type 2.5/145 body doesnt give you much else hope for some fun you say what the hell and take her back to your place.

she is not there the next day.

one week later she calls you to inform you that she tested positive for herpes.

:D

prettypithy

New

Post by prettypithy » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:03 pm

Would you want to date the ivy league 165/3.0, the non-trad with the great soft factors, the 175/2.8 splitter, or the economically disadvantaged URM?
LOL

I like how the URM has nothing to offer but poverty. Any takers?

blhblahblah

Bronze

Post by blhblahblah » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:18 pm

Going to Cooley is like %^&*ing a fat chick --- it's all fun and games until your friends find out.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

M2008

New

Post by M2008 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:47 pm

I like how the URM has nothing to offer but poverty.
Sorry - I thought it was implied that they had overcome these barriers to achieve some measure of success. I wasn't assuming a 138/1.8 URM or anything ;-)

LPLurker

New

Post by LPLurker » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:57 pm

I just read through this whole thread, great job guys! I would love to see someone do one on UCLA and USC.

sailorbear2008

New

Post by sailorbear2008 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:56 pm

The Detroit Mercy one was hilarious. They will NOT leave me alone.

I read it out loud to one of my non law-aspiring friends. Even they found it funny.
Then you must have gotten this today...

Ulfrekr

Bronze

Post by Ulfrekr » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:45 pm

My uncle died from a chronically brightened heart. How insensitive of them.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”