American University for sticker

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
matei566

American University for sticker

Postby matei566 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:33 pm

What are your thoughts on American University at sticker price? worth it or not? I am interested in doing international and comparative law, which their program ranks in the top ten.

Veyron

Re: American University for sticker

Postby Veyron » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:34 pm

Four most dangerous words in the English language.

Gail

Postby Gail » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:34 pm

Never. No. Absolutely not.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:36 pm

Sticker? International Law? Dangerous words, dangerous words.

matei566

Postby matei566 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:24 pm

alright well that about answers that, thats what I was thinking but wanted confirmation. Thanks for the input.

AntipodeanPhil

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:34 pm

The only person I know who did that now works full-time at American Eagle, after spending over a year looking for any legal employment she could find in the DC area. She got decent grades (above median, I think) and would interview very well, if she could get any interviews. She did a couple of unpaid internships, but couldn't find a single law-related job that would pay her.

The problem is that many of the best graduates from the t14 schools want to work in DC, and after that there are too many graduates of DC-area schools ranked above American for the jobs that remain.

I.P. Daly

Postby I.P. Daly » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:48 pm

AntipodeanPhil wrote:The only person I know who did that now works full-time at American Eagle, after spending over a year looking for any legal employment she could find in the DC area. She got decent grades (above median, I think) and would interview very well, if she could get any interviews. She did a couple of unpaid internships, but couldn't find a single law-related job that would pay her.

The problem is that many of the best graduates from the t14 schools want to work in DC, and after that there are too many graduates of DC-area schools ranked above American for the jobs that remain.

Man, she couldn't even land at a international clothing retailer?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”