C&F: Well I just pretty much f***ed myself.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
1800calturk

Re: C&F: Well I just pretty much f***ed myself.

Postby 1800calturk » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:10 pm

I'm always a big advocate of full disclosure, but honestly, this isn't anything at all. I actually wouldn't even send them anything in writing over this. If you want to put your mind at ease, call admissions, explain to them this situation ("I'm an admitted student and I realized I may have not disclosed what might be an arrest in my app") and then explain the situation. Chances are they won't even take down your name and just tell you this is dumb. But worst come to worst they can advise you on what to do. This is fine dawg.

rcthebigred1

Postby rcthebigred1 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:25 pm

Last edited by rcthebigred1 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Systematic1

Postby Systematic1 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:31 pm

OP you need to consult an attorney immediately. I know a guy who was kicked out of SLS when it was discovered that he had hopped his neighbor's fence to retrieve a football when he was 8. This is serious, trespassing is not a joke.

But really, your C&F issues pale in comparison to what this kid is going to have to explain when he applies for law school.
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/busted-opening-xmas-gift

dontbeanidiot

Postby dontbeanidiot » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:43 pm

ben4847 wrote:I agree with above poster that it is probably good idea to get it on table now. (See the thread about the guy dismissed from a T14 for some minor non disclosure reason, where it was clearly excuse to get rid of him for other reasons.)

To be a jerk though, I don't believe that you didn't remember this incident when you checked the box that asked: "Have you ever been arrested?"

Also, when a cop pulls you over for having a broken taillight, your freedom of movement is also restricted--but that is not arrest. There must be some more to the definition for these purposes.

OP: look at my post history. Leave no loose rope with which you can be hung. Fucking disclose. Be well.

ben4847

Postby ben4847 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:10 pm

Systematic1 wrote:OP you need to consult an attorney immediately. I know a guy who was kicked out of SLS when it was discovered that he had hopped his neighbor's fence to retrieve a football when he was 8. This is serious, trespassing is not a joke.

But really, your C&F issues pale in comparison to what this kid is going to have to explain when he applies for law school.

that's hilarious

1800calturk

Postby 1800calturk » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:25 am

ben4847 wrote:
Systematic1 wrote:OP you need to consult an attorney immediately. I know a guy who was kicked out of SLS when it was discovered that he had hopped his neighbor's fence to retrieve a football when he was 8. This is serious, trespassing is not a joke.

that's hilarious

+1. I laughed.

Disclosure of this incident isn't going to hurt you at all so there's no big reason not to disclose it, but I also think it's not worth sending a written statement about. Just call dawg.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”