Is this a winning t-14 plan? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
redmars

New

Is this a winning t-14 plan?

Post by redmars » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:15 pm

1.) Get AA @ Community College. Easy classes, easy professors....4.0

2) Transfer to State School junior year. Same thing. Easy to get 3.85+ at a school where everybody parties all the time and merely showing up to class is B+ work.

Assuming acceptable LSAT score, would this be a successful road-map to T-14 admittance.

arkansawyer

Bronze

Re: Is this a winning t-14 plan?

Post by arkansawyer » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:17 pm

That's a lot of assuming.

redmars

New

Post by redmars » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:18 pm

arkansawyer wrote:That's a lot of assuming.
Nobody asked you to make dumb obnoxious posts. Either answer the question or stfu

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:18 pm

This is why people shouldn't join TLS before college.

Curious1

Silver

Post by Curious1 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:19 pm

redmars wrote:
Nobody asked you to make dumb obnoxious posts. Either answer the question or stfu
lol.

Your winning attitude will surely guarantee you success in law school and in life.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

arkansawyer

Bronze

Post by arkansawyer » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:20 pm

redmars wrote:
Ok, a better plan is to join the military and die.

Flame Retarded

New

Post by Flame Retarded » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:20 pm

redmars wrote:1.) Get AA @ Community College. Easy classes, easy professors....4.0

2) Transfer to State School junior year. Same thing. Easy to get 3.85+ at a school where everybody parties all the time and merely showing up to class is B+ work.

Assuming acceptable LSAT score, would this be a successful road-map to T-14 admittance.
Actually, this was my plan. When I arrived at my local community college, however, I realized it was everyone else's plan, too. All of my professors had terminal degrees from HYP or similar schools. They all graded on a scale --- A = top 5%, B+top 10%, B top 20. No C's were awarded. It was top 20% or fail.
Last edited by Flame Retarded on Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jkpolk

Silver

Post by jkpolk » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:21 pm

arkansawyer wrote:
redmars wrote:
Ok, a better plan is to join the military anddie.

arkansawyer

Bronze

Post by arkansawyer » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:22 pm

polkij333 wrote:
arkansawyer wrote:
redmars wrote:
Ok, a better plan is to join the military anddie.
I like yours better.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Ginj

Silver

Post by Ginj » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:22 pm

redmars wrote:
I like your authoritative voice.

redmars

New

Post by redmars » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:23 pm

Flame Retarded wrote:
redmars wrote:1.) Get AA @ Community College. Easy classes, easy professors....4.0

Actually, this was my plan. When I arrived at my local community college, however, I realized it was everyone else's plan, too. All of my professors had terminal degrees from HYP or similar schools. They all graded on a scale - A = top 5%, B+top 10%, B top 20. No C's were awarded. It was top 20% or fail.
I am expert at using ratemyprofessor to get easy teachers. I took several CC classes and I passed with 4.0...didn't even show up to half of them

redmars

New

Post by redmars » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:23 pm

Ginj wrote:
redmars wrote:
I like your authoritative voice.
Practicing to be a partner lol

Curious1

Silver

Post by Curious1 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:23 pm

redmars wrote:
Flame Retarded wrote:

Actually, this was my plan. When I arrived at my local community college, however, I realized it was everyone else's plan, too. All of my professors had terminal degrees from HYP or similar schools. They all graded on a scale - A = top 5%, B+top 10%, B top 20. No C's were awarded. It was top 20% or fail.
I am expert at using ratemyprofessor to get easy teachers. I took several CC classes and I passed with 4.0...didn't even show up to half of them
That's so cool dude. Can you teach me?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:23 pm

redmars wrote: I took several CC classes and I passed with 4.0...didn't even show up to half of them
you don't say?

EDIT: beat me to it, Curious1

arkansawyer

Bronze

Post by arkansawyer » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:25 pm

redmars wrote:
Flame Retarded wrote:

Now I'm completely convinced that you have the intellectual rigor to score well on the LSAT and succeed at a T-14.

Flame Retarded

New

Post by Flame Retarded » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:25 pm

redmars wrote:
Flame Retarded wrote:

You might be in for a surprise. A lot of my professors were even more pro at ratemyprofessor than I was. They stealthedited them to make themselves not only appear easy, as teachers. But hot, and easy as people. I went in thinking I was going to bang out top grades and primo ass. And I did, because I'm a winner. But this only worked out for every 2/10 people. Also, if you don't show up to office hours early, you're getting seconds.

JoeMo

Gold

Post by JoeMo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:26 pm

redmars wrote:
Flame Retarded wrote:

You're already a law school gunner so you're golden.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Ginj

Silver

Post by Ginj » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:26 pm

Flame Retarded wrote:
redmars wrote:
Flame Retarded wrote:

You might be in for a surprise. A lot of my professors were even more pro at ratemyprofessor than I was. They stealthedited them to make themselves not only appear easy, as teachers. But hot, and easy as people. I went in thinking I was going to bang out top grades and primo ass. And I did, because I'm a winner. But this only worked out for every 2/10 people. Also, if you don't show up to office hours early, you're getting seconds.
Heh.

sunynp

Gold

Post by sunynp » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:27 pm

Curious1 wrote:
redmars wrote:
lol.

Your winning attitude will surely guarantee you success in law school and in life.
lol...

But, OP if you are asking if going to CC and then a state school will hurt you, the answer is no. All that matters is your GPA. Going to an Ivy would give you a small boost possibly, but not essential. Keeping your debt down and getting the absolute best grades you can is most important. It may not be as easy to get those averages as you think. Many people are going the CC to state college route now to save money.

Also, if you are looking for majors, you might consider something that will help you end up in intellectual property law. But those majors almost always have lower GPAs than a social science degree. For law admissions, GPA is crucial. For jobs after law school, intellectual property is one of the best fields right now. Just be sure to excel at whatever major you choose. Other people might have different views, this is just my opinion.

This advice is, of course, unless something dramatic happens in admissions by the time you get there.
Last edited by sunynp on Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Curious1

Silver

Post by Curious1 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:27 pm

I'm ok with flaming as long as you keep it this funny.

ThreeRivers

Silver

Post by ThreeRivers » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:28 pm

Flame Retarded wrote:

Actually, this was my plan. When I arrived at my local community college, however, I realized it was everyone else's plan, too. All of my professors had terminal degrees from HYP or similar schools. They all graded on a scale --- A = top 5%, B+top 10%, B top 20. No C's were awarded. It was top 20% or fail.
lmao....weak troll
Last edited by ThreeRivers on Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

redmars

New

Post by redmars » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:28 pm

arkansawyer wrote:
redmars wrote:
Flame Retarded wrote:

Now I'm completely convinced that you have the intellectual rigor to score well on the LSAT and succeed at a T-14.
I was born with the intellectual rigor, son. My destiny is Yale, or if not I'll settle for that tier 2 school in Cambridge.

sunynp

Gold

Post by sunynp » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:29 pm

Fuck, why do I always fall for the trolls.

redmars

New

Post by redmars » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:29 pm

I am so tired of these bitter TTT losers trolling my thread. Can someone with elite credentials please comment?

redmars

New

Post by redmars » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:31 pm

JoeMo wrote:
redmars wrote:
Flame Retarded wrote:

You're already a law school gunner so you're golden.
Gunner has negative connotations. I am not a gunner, just expert manipulator.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”