Is this a winning t-14 plan? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Ardea

New

Re: Is this a winning t-14 plan?

Post by Ardea » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:22 pm

Gail wrote:
redmars wrote:1.) Get AA @ Community College. Easy classes, easy professors....4.0

2) Transfer to State School junior year. Same thing. Easy to get 3.85+ at a school where everybody parties all the time and merely showing up to class is B+ work.

Assuming acceptable LSAT score, would this be a successful road-map to T-14 admittance.
UG isn't curved. There's no special Ivy league curriculum that is harder than state school curriculum. Unless Harvard has magic-math and charmed-english. Why would those schools be harder?

Also. Criticizing people for going to community college without having any information on their background. I mean... Wow. And you people want to work in a service industry? I know it's the internet, but come on.
Some UGs are curved, other UGs have rampant grade inflation. It is really school- and major-specific. I imagine the same holds true for CC. So I don't think generally you can assume that you will get a higher GPA just because it is a CC - but maybe at some specific CCs it is easier to get As than others? I suppose that is something that you probably should ask students attending the specific CC you are interested in attending.

What I do know is that cost is often a deciding factor in choosing UG (as it should be). CC in general are less expensive than 4-year schools, and going to a local CC can really reduce overall UG debt (especially if you live at home). If you really want to go to law school, then I highly recommend trying to minimize UG debt. That may or may not mean going to CC for two years before transferring to a state school, depending on scholarship prospects.

laxbrah420

Gold

Post by laxbrah420 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:33 pm

If you go to a community college, you'll have that stain on you forever. Even if the trash doesn't rub off on you there, you'll be ostracized in college, have no friends/no frat. Without these things, you'll have terrible social skills and employers will hate you.

Ardea

New

Post by Ardea » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:39 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:If you go to a community college, you'll have that stain on you forever. Even if the trash doesn't rub off on you there, you'll be ostracized in college, have no friends/no frat. Without these things, you'll have terrible social skills and employers will hate you.
... I'm not sure whether or not this is meant to be taken seriously.

redmars

New

Post by redmars » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:44 pm

Don't worry guys, I have the holy grail of LS admissions....URM status
Surly I can weave going to CC into a wider story about being an oppressed minority person disadvantaged socioeconomically
Certainly I have the option of going to a four year, but the CC would be quite a bit easier

shoeshine

Silver

Post by shoeshine » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:55 pm

Worst troll ever.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

redmars

New

Post by redmars » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:00 am

Is that some sort of racial epithet?

elterrible78

Silver

Post by elterrible78 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:04 am

shoeshine wrote:Worst troll ever.
If it's not, it's certainly in the mix.