Freaking Out, Please Help LSAC Transcript Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Husker54

Freaking Out, Please Help LSAC Transcript Question

Postby Husker54 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:24 pm

Thought that this might be the better forum in which to post:

I am sending in seat deposits, ect., for schools, and I ran across a thread where a guy had a GPA snafu. My cumulative GPA is 2.89 according to LSAC (including undergrad and two CC classes). However, when my main undergrad transcript was sent to LSAC, it said that my GPA was in the 3.0-3.5 (mostly A's and B's) range. My undergrad GPA was definitely below the 3.0 mark (around 2.9). I did not think anything of it since people said that LSAC calculates things differently (and I did mostly have As and Bs), but now I am worried. Was I supposed to edit my transcript once LSAC received it? I just left it alone at the 3.0-3.5 mark.

Any input would be appreciated, and I apologize if this is an ignorant question. I am just freaking out.

Husker

Husker54

Re: Freaking Out, Please Help LSAC Transcript Question

Postby Husker54 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:33 pm

I think the core of my question lies in the transcript itself. Was I supposed to go and edit my undergraduate transcript once LSAC rec'd it? I just let it be.

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:37 pm

Husker54 wrote:I think the core of my question lies in the transcript itself. Was I supposed to go and edit my undergraduate transcript once LSAC rec'd it? I just let it be.

No, whatever your undergrad sent is what LSAC uses to calculate their GPA using their formula. If there was stuff that wasn't included in your transcript then your granting institution needs to send a corrected one. But you yourself can't edit the transcript as that would be forgery.

Husker54

Postby Husker54 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:47 pm

Re: Editing. It has an Edit button by my transcript, and I am able to choose Mostly A's (4.0-3.5), mostly As and B's (3.5-3.0), etc. When LSAC rec'd it, it was put as mostly As and Bs and I just didn't change it. Why would they even give me the option to edit? I graduated two years ago.

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm

Husker54 wrote:Re: Editing. It has an Edit button by my transcript, and I am able to choose Mostly A's (4.0-3.5), mostly As and B's (3.5-3.0), etc. When LSAC rec'd it, it was put as mostly As and Bs and I just didn't change it. Why would they even give me the option to edit? I graduated two years ago.

edit: scooped

Husker54

Postby Husker54 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:57 pm

I am an idiot. I can edit the degree granting institution's GPA. But my question still stands, should I have I have edited this once it was rec'd?

masked kavana

Postby masked kavana » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:05 pm

I had the same problem and left the GPA as what is on my transcripts not the lsdas'.

No questions were asked about it.

goldeneye

Postby goldeneye » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:13 pm

This is only how schools determine if they want to send you e-mails and stuff before they see your scores. IT's on your LSAC profile, so it has no bearing on admissions.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”