Chasing me for incomplete application...good sign?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cassie2012

Chasing me for incomplete application...good sign?

Postby cassie2012 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:49 pm

I submitted late, not until the end of January. I had everything in my lsac report except for one letter of recommendation. Despite practically hounding this recommender she flaked and never came through with a letter for me. I got another recommender who mailed her letter express with a delivery confirmation last week. Lsac received it on Wednesday but didn't add it to my account until 1am this morning the 17th.

Two schools emailed me earlier this month saying that they couldn't review since the application was incomplete. But my top choice school in march sent a reminder email to me and gave me the deadline of 4/16. Then last week I asked if I could directly bring or fax the letter to them and they said no, then the next day sent me another reminder email that the app was incomplete. I called the admissions office this morning and they said they may still be able to review and that it would be up to the discretion of the admissions head. This is a big school and ranked higher than almost all others I applied to. They could have just said they couldn't review it and left it at that. Is it a good sign towards my chances of admission that they haven't? Wdyt? Thanks :)

CanadianWolf

Re: Chasing me for incomplete application...good sign?

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:56 pm

With a 3.2/156, both UCLA & USC are considerable reaches. Loyola-Marymount is, however, likely to admit you.

cassie2012

Postby cassie2012 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:14 pm

Yes I know that. But usc is the school that has repeatedly contacted me about my own error, while lesser schools like pepperdine have not contacted me except to say that they cannot review the app since it is incomplete. That's why I'm wondering if maybe usc is/was planning on admitting me or why they would contact me so many times. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, usc is my #1 top choice, but I was just wondering if maybe this was indicative that they will be accepting or at least waitlisting me.

JCFindley

Postby JCFindley » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:18 pm

cassie2012 wrote:Yes I know that. But usc is the school that has repeatedly contacted me about my own error, while lesser schools like pepperdine have not contacted me except to say that they cannot review the app since it is incomplete. That's why I'm wondering if maybe usc is/was planning on admitting me or why they would contact me so many times. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, usc is my #1 top choice, but I was just wondering if maybe this was indicative that they will be accepting or at least waitlisting me.

To be honest, they are probably just more fastidious about such things.

But hope is a good thing and you just never know...

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:49 pm

JCFindley wrote:
cassie2012 wrote:Yes I know that. But usc is the school that has repeatedly contacted me about my own error, while lesser schools like pepperdine have not contacted me except to say that they cannot review the app since it is incomplete. That's why I'm wondering if maybe usc is/was planning on admitting me or why they would contact me so many times. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, usc is my #1 top choice, but I was just wondering if maybe this was indicative that they will be accepting or at least waitlisting me.

To be honest, they are probably just more fastidious about such things.

But hope is a good thing and you just never know...

This is my read on the situation. They can't count you as an applicant until your file goes complete, and some schools are more rigorous about it than others.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”