Where to go?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

What To Do What To Do?

WashU 129k scholly
54%
G.W. 60k scholly
No votes
Son, wait for the big boys. Screw S. Uncle. Ride them waitlists!
31%
Umm...UMinn 139k? (04/24/12)
15%

Total votes: 13

roaringeagle

Where to go?

Postby roaringeagle » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:37 pm

I am staring at 61.5k worth of federal debt coming out of law school if I go to WashU. The remaining 40k of debt I anticipate will be provided by my sugar Uncle. That's a nice chunk of change for a school with not the very best career options. Sugar Uncle has a lot of connections and wants me to go to WashU. Then again "only" 61.5k will be expected from my sorry ass when I graduate. The rest will be kind of optional for a while. Considering that most people hop into the law school game expecting 210k of debt is not lost on me.

I have a couple of questions:

1. I calculate 770$ a month over 10 years coming out of law school. That seems reasonable. Agree?

2. I am currently waitlisted at Columbia, U of Chicago, UVA, Cornell, Duke. What should I do specifically regarding these waitlists? I suppose I do not have much time to wait with the semester fast approaching. Sugar Uncle is rabidly against these schools. Being rich, he has a big idea of the value of money. He is opposed to paying huge sums for even the best schools.

Please feel free to express your opinion. I noticed that both UVA and WashU have a pretty friendly atmosphere. Are the other schools that way? Oh and BTW Fuck you Nwestern, GaugeTown, UCLA and Vandy. Especially those last two.
Last edited by roaringeagle on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bdole2

Re: Where to go?

Postby bdole2 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:40 pm

1. Where do you want to practice?

2. What do you want to do with your JD?

3. What is your GPA / LSAT?

4. You might have better results posting this in the "choosing a law school" forum

roaringeagle

Postby roaringeagle » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:49 pm

bdole2 wrote:1. Where do you want to practice?

2. What do you want to do with your JD?

3. What is your GPA / LSAT?

4. You might have better results posting this in the "choosing a law school" forum

1. I don't know that I will have much of a choice, but probs NY/DC
2. Make it rain
3. I'd rather not post those, but I have a very high GPA and a fairly good LSAT.
4. Good point.

noleknight16

Postby noleknight16 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:27 pm

Hedge your bets; deposit somewhere and ride those waitlists out to the bitter end.

Nelson

Postby Nelson » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:32 pm

roaringeagle wrote:2. Make it rain
3. I'd rather not post those, but I have a very high GPA and a fairly good LSAT.

If that's really your only goal for law school, don't go to those schools. Retake your 160s LSAT instead.

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:41 pm

The application for Goldman is right down the hall...

roaringeagle

Postby roaringeagle » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:37 pm

Alright GW law received no votes. They also told me no more $. I withdrew today, graciously. Good luck to those on the WL!

roaringeagle

Postby roaringeagle » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:00 pm

Just received offer UMinn 139k

roaringeagle

Postby roaringeagle » Wed May 09, 2012 8:26 pm

Nelson wrote:

If that's really your only goal for law school, don't go to those schools. Retake your 160s LSAT instead.

really? what about the waitlists? I feel that UChicago, UVA etc. won't view me as a great candidate as they would rather sprinkle money around to other people than make me an offer I can't refuse. Whatever. I'm just being honest about my options. If the adcomms at these schools don't view me as prime real estate, it is their loss.

thestalkmore

Postby thestalkmore » Thu May 10, 2012 4:10 pm

roaringeagle wrote:
Nelson wrote:

really? what about the waitlists? I feel that UChicago, UVA etc. won't view me as a great candidate as they would rather sprinkle money around to other people than make me an offer I can't refuse. Whatever. I'm just being honest about my options. If the adcomms at these schools don't view me as prime real estate, it is their loss.

Adorable.

roaringeagle

Postby roaringeagle » Thu May 10, 2012 7:44 pm

thestalkmore wrote:
roaringeagle wrote:
Nelson wrote:

Adorable.

i prefer "precious"

:mrgreen:

Nova

Postby Nova » Thu May 10, 2012 11:05 pm

You got a basically a full ride to UMN. If you dont get off the T14 WLs, either sit out or go to UMN.

roaringeagle

Postby roaringeagle » Sat May 12, 2012 5:12 pm

Alright decided on WashU!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”